Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 2nd, 2009, 01:41 PM
I'm a softy

Exclamation Trouble with my Lab's ears

OK here comes my first question... and I had to get help about where and how to place it so I hope it goes wee...haha.. My yellow lab is 6, she does have allergies, but at the moment all his well and her coat is in fine shape ( knock on wood) But we do have trouble with her ears... When she is in the middle of an allergy outbreak she usually gets a yeast infection in her ear. But often has infections, we get the prescriptin for otimax and it works great, will clear it up quick, this is not my problem. I have lots of experience with the vets, so I don't want to keep this route as the infection CONSTANTLY comes back.. She has one again right now, it is always just the same one ear.. SOO.. I was wondering if anyone has some advice? Is there anything that I can try at home that someone has experience with, knows it is safe ect..? Something that will clear it up, and also hopefully something that can keep it away.. it is so uncomfortable for her.. She is a beautiful dog, and never ever showed any signs of allergies until she was 5 and had her first outbreak, COVERED in a rash, lost lots and lots of hair.. ect.. it was after a swim in the river. Since that day she will react to anything metal, like a collar buckle, or a dish, ect.. there is also something that caused her last reaction but we have yet to find out what it was. it was in august. but her coat has come back nice. Anyway... please help!! I know these are common things with labs... THANKS!

Last edited by lUvMyLaB<3; January 2nd, 2009 at 02:15 PM.