Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Rescue (Adopt) a dog - listings

Old September 7th, 2004, 05:08 PM
A.R.Activist & Vet Assis.

Exclamation Distressing Fate

Don't Buy from a Breeder. Don't Buy from a Pet Shop, RESCUE an animal instead!

The Distressing Fate Of A Shelter Dog

Old September 7th, 2004, 05:15 PM
Senior Contributor

Wow that is sad,but a good way to put it out there..My next dog will for sure be from a shelter..
Old September 7th, 2004, 05:47 PM

Isn't it though? I've been thinking, maybe will post this in the thread about pet stores. That might be the place for it?
Old September 8th, 2004, 10:44 AM
Senior Contributor

Excellent link that left me in tears. This needs to be shown to people especially those who thinks there pets will find a good home. You know the ones who get a dog (practice baby) then when they get pregnant get rid of the dog. Or the ones who get that cute puppy then it grows up and it is not that cute little ball of fur anymore dump it at the shelter.
Old September 8th, 2004, 03:10 PM

That is so sad...The poor thing.
Old September 8th, 2004, 05:42 PM

Well, also note that this dog died peacfully too (as terrible as it was)....a great number of these animals die horrible deaths. As if they can sense death is coming, they fight it, struggle, and end up crying and defecating during the procedure. I know its upsetting to view, but necessary for some.
Old September 19th, 2004, 09:14 AM
banned user

Angry

i nearly couldnt watch that, how horrific, and how disgusting that people throw away these dogs like a toy that they got bored of!

Can you imagine if these were children, and all the abandoned or lost children didnt find a home in three days were put to sleep!!!!

Thats never going to happen but dogs in my mind are as equally important on this planet as humans!

It disgusts me sometimes to realise the world that i live in, and the way that the human race uses and abuses what was given to us to cherish!
Old September 28th, 2004, 10:32 AM
lilpaws

Heartbreaker

Well, that was very sad. I am definately getting our dog from our Shelter. (I wouldn't purchase one from a pet store anyway). I do know lots of people who have though. We just need to inform as many as we can why that is such a bad idea. It scares and boggles me to think how people treat animals as if they are not a living being. Dogs are so giving (normally) and loving. I don't understand. A very good point about that at least these animals have a somewhat peaceful death compared to some of the abused and neglected ones living off garbage, chained up... We can only do our best to make life a little better.
Old September 28th, 2004, 06:12 PM
Senior Contributor

Shae, please give more warning about the content. I'm sitting, crying at my desk, at work.
Old September 28th, 2004, 07:19 PM
Senior Contributor

ban all dog breeding even accidents, fines and jail terms

hard to watch but he actually lived it, so i must watch it, out of respect for his surrering really.

it has been said before, but what about a ban on any breeding, even if you dog gets knocked up by accident, you should be fined or serve a jail term take a hard line, screw them all. if ppl continue to abuse dogs and never allow them their rights well as far as im concerned you should loose all your rights too, lock em in a cage for a while.

just because we are human we think we are so good, just because we can hold guns we think we are gods, well i personally think it is about time humans were brought down a peg or two and realised they are nothing but animals too, dogs should have the rights of all animals, human or not. i hope human ego swallows and destroys itself, ther really is no other solution as far as im concerned, humans have proven time and again to be and have the potential to be really evil, this will never change.

and what gets me the most, the ppl who abuse and dump dogs are legally allowed to have children, now that is really scary .
Old October 25th, 2004, 05:22 AM

Still Crying

Wow what a powerfull message. I can not wrap my mind around people dumping their animals. Do people not understand that a society can be judged by the way that it treats its animals.
Old October 25th, 2004, 12:10 PM

Thats why I posted it. It is a powerful message that most people "need" to see in order for it to really sink in. Thats why I am so big on banning breeding in general right now just for the fact that this happens several times throughout the day every single day in every part of the world. I posted this one rather than the Korean one I have. This particular dog in the Korean video, struggled and fought, the person doing the euthanizing got angry b/c the animal would not sit still and cooperate and got a smack to the head a couple timesand a rough grab to the collar.I shut it down as even I couldnt take it. I can't say I'm sorry the video disturbed many....... we need to open eyes to reality. I am sorry however if it upset you , those of you who already realize the distressing fate of shelter pets. Glass, my apologies.
Old October 25th, 2004, 12:21 PM
Senior Contributor

Iwas just at shelters this weekend,within a ten minute period i saw 5 people drop off dogs....I can tell you i will be getting one from the humane society or the county without a doubt,after seeing that this weekend i agree,NO MORE BREEDING..................................