Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Cat health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time!

Old July 23rd, 2008, 01:09 AM

Talking A Newbie with Newbies!

Hi!

This will show you what procrastination does...I was going to introduce myself and read up more on cats having kittens...and well, here it is, almost midnight - and I'm just introducing myself! And to make things even more exciting (as if me dropping in isn't enough excitement lol) - our cat Princess is having her first litter.

Yep - right this second. Right now! We have 3 little ones so far - 2 gray and 1 white and gray. (Mom is white and gray.) Princess was a rescue and we were told she was spayed...uhhh not so much. She was supposed to be spayed 2 weeks ago - but our vet had a family emergency and had to cancel. By that point we knew she was pregnant - and my kids were so excited, that was the end of that. She will be getting spayed as soon as the vet says it's ok.

We actually have 2 cats (another female who is spayed)...an ornate box turtle and 2 hermit crabs. Both cats are indoor cats - but this certainly explains a lot about why Princess would dart out the door faster than a greased pig sometimes!

Anyway, it's nice to find you all and I'm really glad to know you're here. I'm sure I'll have a gazillion questions over the next few weeks because I've never been around kittens before. I will post a pic of Princess and Crew once she's done giving birth and everyone has settled down. I've just never seen anything so cute before!

Thanks for letting me rant as I introduce myself!

ArtMama
Old July 23rd, 2008, 11:35 AM
~Cat Servent~

Well welcome you are in the right place, there are plenty of knowledgeable cat people here to answer your questions! I do believe you need to take them in to the vet though to have them all checked over soon. Sorry to hear that she had to have a litter and I really hope you can find them all good homes. And thank you for planning to have her spayed! Kids with kittens will no doubt give you plenty of kodak moments!

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” -Mahatma Gandhi

"We're the renegades, we're the people; With our own philosophies; We change the course of history; Everyday people like you and me"- R A T M
Old July 23rd, 2008, 11:45 AM
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion

Welcome to you and your increasing family of fuzzbutts. It's unfortunate that you were lied to, and i too hope you can find homes for the precious little ones.
Old July 23rd, 2008, 08:13 PM

welcome!

hi artmama.

welcome to the board. you will certainly have your hands full over the next little while with those babies! here's hoping you can find good homes for them!!!

tracy (mama), jimmy (daddy), patsy cline and punkin