Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Pets that have passed away - Rainbow bridge

Old March 5th, 2010, 05:30 PM
Senior Contributor

Tux

I know you all might think I am strange,but not a day goes by that I don't think of Tux and cry a little for him,I'll never forget his crocked little face.
He was the abandoned kitty I fed twice a day for a couple of months.
Both 14+ and I were excited to finally trap him,expecting him to have a good life at 14+,but he escaped the trap and ran off into the countryside.
I only wish he could have known I loved him and we only meant him well.
He did not trust humans,but I was fortunate enough to gain some of his trust,only to have him run off in a strange place.
I am sure by now he has gone to the Bridge,I only hope he did not suffer,he had already suffered too much in his life.
I only want to give him a little tribute,to show I've not forgotten about him and never will.
Luv you Tux,I am sorry..
Attached Images

Old March 5th, 2010, 05:41 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

I too think of Tux and hope that he has stuck around 14+ place over the winter . It was a mild winter and there is a lot of mice around her place, so there is still hope that he will be seen again.

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old March 5th, 2010, 07:46 PM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

I too think of Tux and still feel in my heart he is there! Cats like him are tough! and they know how to survive. Mild Ontario winter and food being eaten still at the house...I have Hope Chico!!! I wish you some peace..
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

"UNTIL ONE HAS LOVED AN ANIMAL, PART OF THEIR SOUL REMAINS UNAWAKENED"
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
-Unknown
Old March 5th, 2010, 07:59 PM
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion

i'm with the others chico2 i really believe that Tux is still with us and quite happy with his new digs..
Old March 5th, 2010, 08:54 PM

Hey Chico
I have my own guy 8 yrs old named Tux, and the one thing I know is that cats are smart, resilient and are very determined. If you found him in the outdoors on his own, he is no doubt very adept at finding his own food. Although you provided the food for a few months and especially with the mild weather this winter, I am sure that Tux is a well fed and content guy. You gave him what he needed and with the look on his face in the picture you provided, looks like he will very well fend for himself. Some are house pets and some are not. You graciously helped out a soul that turns out may not be. I am sure he will fend for himself just fine. You did a very good thing - taking care of him when he needed it. Keep your chin up Chico- he looks like a tough kid!
Old March 5th, 2010, 09:45 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

I feel he's still out there, too, chico! Biding his time and sizing up the digs at 14+'s house! Don't give up hope As Deauce says, he's a tough kid!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old March 5th, 2010, 09:50 PM
Senior Contributor

Hey Chico, I'm with everyone else here. I just don't have feeling you have about his going to the Bridge. I'm willing to bet he is spotted in the spring by 14+.
Take a good look at that face...that is not the face of someone who gives up easily! That is a fighter!

Yes, I believe in the Rainbow Bridge
Old March 5th, 2010, 10:29 PM
Mickey, my angel

Chico.

I, too, think of Tux frequently and wonder how he is doing. Through your writings and pictures, he touched the hearts of many of us here.

As you said yourself on more than one occasion, Tux is a very smart boy and he is also very tough.

I agree with the others. There is every reason to believe that he survived this winter. It would be so very wonderful to see him again and I still have hope that we will yet.

Tux, wherever you are, sending lots of your way. I wish you could know how many people care about you.
"Let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." -Jack Layton
"Be the change you want to see in the world" -Gandhi

Kitties: Punky (17), and Sassy (13), Twinky (10),

SweetMickey 1991 to May 24, 2009

Last edited by mikischo; March 6th, 2010 at 02:12 PM. Reason: spelling
Old March 5th, 2010, 11:00 PM

from me as well Tux>>>>>
Old March 10th, 2010, 11:37 AM

Hope!

Dear Chico, uncertainty is killing but you should hope he is fine. He may be back any time, see what a fighter he is! One month ago I picked up a semi-wild cat from the street. I fed him on my way to work and one day instead of a vigorous hopping creature I found him crawling towards me, he had been bitten by a dog. Well, it took efforts to take him to my flat, it took time for him to get adjusted, I fell in love with my purring companion, he did not like sitting on a lap or something ( was still a bit wild ) he loved lying on my feet. The x-ray showed his hind paw was broken. He did not survive the operation, the day before yesterday I buried him in the shelter's garden. I spent a happy month with him and blame myself for not doing everything I could. It hurts a lot. Such small creatures take away a lot. When you see Tux again - do everything you can. Catch him, neuter him, go to the best vet, never hurry with health-concerned decisions, don't let him out, don't lose him. Wish you both all the best!
Old March 10th, 2010, 12:00 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Anja: I am so sorry to hear about your cat

That is what Chico was trying to accomplish with the help of a very, very good kitty . Something went horribly wrong and Tux managed to escape the humane trap he was in before he arrived at what was to be his forever safe home . We are still holding out hope that he has stuck around and will start showing his face now that the weather is warmer and the days are longer.

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old March 10th, 2010, 12:02 PM
ZiggyZuzuZoeyRaggzy&Keena

Aw Chico When I saw this title I was sure it was to say that 14+ had spotted this little character I am still confident there will be a positive thread about Tux in the next few weeks...there is no reason to believe otherwise and something is eating the food she is leaving out.

Whatever the outcome though, Chico, whatever you both did was out of love and caring and best intentions so there is no need for either of you to beat yourselves up. The knobs who abandoned him in the first place are the ones who deserve the guilt feelings...but are too heartless to realize it

Ginger and Hobo at the Bridge (Valentine's Day 2011) but NEVER forgotten <3...

"‎I have sent you on a journey to a land free from pain, not because
I did not love you, but because I loved you too much to force
you to stay" ♥ ♥

We do not have to wait for Heaven, to be surrounded by hope, love, and joyfulness.
It is here on earth and has four legs!
Old March 10th, 2010, 12:57 PM
Senior Contributor

Chico2 - let me try and reassure you...

About 1 month ago, a friend of mine with a rescue was contacted as a lady was moving and was feeding 4 feral cats. She asked my friend if she could take them and keep them in her barn. She of course said yes and put them into a stall in the barn to help them familiarize themselves for a few months before being freed. Well, one of the cats got out of his crate with intense fury and darted out. My friend was riddled with guilt and also worried as he was there for minutes only. She thought he would be gone forever, lost.

She put food outside everyday - and everyday the food was gone, but she had no way of knowing if he was eating the food or if it was another animal. Well - only a few days ago, her hubby called her to the window to see who was eating the food ....sure enough it's him!!!

Tux is very savvy being on his own I am certain. He knows how to survive. He is more than likely hanging around.

Keep the good thoughts going.
Old March 10th, 2010, 01:07 PM
-

I don't think you are strange at all Chico. I think you have a heart so full of love that even those who are no longer in sight are never far from your caring thoughts.
Old March 10th, 2010, 02:24 PM
Senior Contributor

Chico, I think of Tux all the time. I think he was a handsome little guy. I like to think he's hanging around, exploring his new territory. I live with the hope that 14+ will one day see him and tell us all she's got a new tenant.

There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/
Old March 10th, 2010, 03:08 PM
Senior Contributor
Hexxagon Champion

Awww Chico, I'm sure at the time he was terrified, but I'm also just as sure instinctively he knew you had his best interests at heart, and knew you meant him no harm.

Although he may not have had a good home, or owners who loved him physically, he has many great admirers and followers (here on the www) who love and wish him well, and I know he must feel that love

All the best Tux, and I hope your well, and that you appear soon.

What is man without beasts? If all the beasts were gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts, soon happens to man. All things are connected.

~~Chief Seattle (Duwamish tribe)~~
Old March 10th, 2010, 04:44 PM
Senior Contributor

Thank you everyone,you got me crying again,but it's ok...I know there are thousands of kitties out there trying to survive on their own,Tux was only my second experience with a cat who was terrified of humans,unlike so many of you.
I loved him and between 14+and me he would have been ok,unfortunately he did not know that..I can only pray and hope,one day he'll show up at 14+
He's a very smart cat,he crossed a very busy street twice/day to get to my house and food,he would watch the traffic to make sure it was safe to cross and he always made it.
If he died,I hope he remembered I loved him and would never have abandoned him.

Anja,Tux is no more in an area familiar to him,I trapped him and with the help of 14+our kittyhe would have been cared for properly,however he unfortunately escaped the trap and ran off into the country-side,he is no more in my area.
So sorry about your kitty