Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog training - dog behavior > Cat behavior forum - cat training

Old April 25th, 2004, 10:21 PM
Senior Contributor

And yet they go to the vet 3 times a year,the youngest 4 times this year and was not spayed.My three cats only go once a year normally,unless there is a problem,like with Rocky or Chico who had his teeth cleaned.
I am trying to get my 1.000 posts before going to bed
Old April 26th, 2004, 02:38 PM
Mandy

They won't take her at night they will only take her that morning.
Old April 26th, 2004, 07:46 PM
Senior Contributor

Of course they will take her at night, or anytime you like. They will merely charge a boarding fee, probably about 8 - 10.00.
Old April 27th, 2004, 05:25 PM
Mandy

No They Will Not We Asked And They Said No.
Old April 27th, 2004, 06:19 PM

Thumbs down Some vets won't

This thread does seem to be a bit overworked however I have found a couple of vets -granted not too many- who will not take an animal in overnight to be seen the next day. Although if the animal is in the hospital's care they will allow it to stay overnight if needed. The reasoning being that if an animal is in the hospital overnight without diagnosis and something happens to it there have been a couple of lawsuits charging negligence. Another reason is if any animals are in the hospital overnight many if not most vets will pay someone to stay on the premises to watch over them. If you bring an animal in at night to be seen the next day they would have additional wages for the person staying there. That is why some won't take them in at night. The only exception being if they already have an animal in the hospital and staff lined up to watch them they will usually allow an extra.
My neighbor on the next farm down is an attorney and filled me in on the particulars of vet care in the city and people filing lawsuits etc.
Old April 27th, 2004, 08:14 PM
Mandy

Well ive talked to the local vets and the Humane Society....they will not take her the night before.
Old April 27th, 2004, 11:56 PM
Senior Contributor

I have no idea where in NY you live, but I bet, if you tried hard enough, you could find a local cat rescue group that could not only get your cat fixed for less then $50, but would also be willing to help you with transport if that is a problem.

I live in the boonies of Michigan and managed to find a group that will spay my cat for $35 on a SUNDAY.
Old April 29th, 2004, 06:03 PM
Mandy

Well good for u livin in the boonies ?????? But where I am they wont take her!!!!
Old May 26th, 2004, 12:18 PM
Senior Contributor

meowing cats are very frustraing. but you're gonna live with it until the thing is spayed. I was uneducated when I first got my cat - i'll admit it, 5 years ago i was in college and having a pet was fun, but i never took the responsiblity to care for it properly. He's now fixed - and huh? the meowing stopped.... now, older and more mature all my pets have all the care, love and solcialzing that they deserve. They never asked for this treatment. You'll learn, we all do.
but get the darn thing fixed. many vets are open first thing in the morning (8 or so) and you can drop it off then or make arrangements for it to stay overnight until surgery in the morning, lets just hope that once surgery is done, you can have the time to pick her up.....