Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Rescue (Adopt) a dog - listings

Old May 15th, 2005, 07:37 PM

Shepherd found on road

Email I rec'd, if anyone can help
Hi folks,

A male German Shepherd was found lying on the side of the road near the Québec/Ontario Border. He had been hit by a car. He was taken to a vet clinic in Hudson where he was diagnosed with a fractured pelvis. The vet said he must have been lying there for a couple of days because some of the cuts on his body had started to heal and the blood was crusty. He's no more than 4 years old and weighs 60 lbs. He is not skinny, just small. He will stay at the clinic until Monday for observation but then needs complete crate rest for 4-6 weeks. The vet says the pelvis is not broken, just fractured or cracked I guess, and he will recover.

If you or anyone you know would be willing to foster this dog for the time he needs to be in a crate, please let me know ASAP. As usual, please pass the word along to anyone you think could help.

Thanks,

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Baribault
Blue Ribbon Canine Centre

www.blueribboncanine.com
Old May 22nd, 2005, 09:18 PM
cat slave

that's very sad. It's actually bringing tears to my eyes. I don't understand why some people are so heartless to hit a dog and leave it there.

when i was about 10 i saw a stray dog pass away from a car hit. I was watching from the balcony ..... nobody did anything...i won't go on with that..i can still see it in my head

:sad: :sad: :sad:

i hope this dog finds a good home.he deserves so much better! a miracle poor thing was able to pull through until someone found him.
Old May 22nd, 2005, 09:26 PM
Teddy's Canine Railroad

I think Rosie Animal Adoption has taken this dog in.