Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Rescue (Adopt) a dog - listings

Old March 26th, 2005, 08:32 PM

URGENT - Boxer on death row

Urgent, 11 year old boxer on death row at the Montreal SPCA. His name is Knock, he is great with kids, a bit dominant with dominant males (as he has been attacked by a dog in the past), but good in general with other dogs.

He has been put on death row due to his age and his time is VERY LIMITED. If anyone can help, please contact me (sophie@rimasec.net) or the SPCA. Ask for Annie, (extention 237) ,tell them Sophie sent you.

I have no foster homes open right now, having 3 dogs to place myself.

Please crosspost to anyone you feel could help.

Thanks
Old March 26th, 2005, 08:42 PM
Senior Contributor

Does it actually say that on the site? Sometimes they do that in order to get people in? I actually fnd that annoying because it is like crying wolf. After awhile, people wil lthink all the animals are doomed or else not. If you know thios, however, through a different source, it might be verifyable.
Old March 26th, 2005, 09:21 PM
Senior Contributor

You could try contacting Crystal from Boxer rescue Québec, she's really nice and helpfull. She posts here under BoxerRescueMTL, maybe you could pm her or e-mail her at crystal@breederoo.com

Deep thought, by Jack Handey : "I think my new thing will be to try to be a real happy guy. I'll just walk around being real happy until some jerk says something stupid to me."
Old March 27th, 2005, 06:12 AM
Teddy's Canine Railroad

definitely the right info

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberKitten
Does it actually say that on the site? Sometimes they do that in order to get people in? I actually fnd that annoying because it is like crying wolf. After awhile, people wil lthink all the animals are doomed or else not. If you know thios, however, through a different source, it might be verifyable.
The Montreal area rescues get calls from the employees in the adoption area of the SPCA for dogs in these circumstances. Sophie must have received a call about this dog. There were 4 last week from another shelter that were in the same bind. This dogs time will be limited. :sad:
Old March 27th, 2005, 12:12 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Does it actually say that on the site? Sometimes they do that in order to get people in?
They will never say that they have, or will, kill any animal. I too have gotten urgent emails from SPCA employees, begging us to help them save a dog who is going to be killed, and I'm talking about young and healthy ones.
Old March 27th, 2005, 12:49 PM
Adopt a senior dog!!

I'm working on it, but we just picked up 2 10-11 yr olds from them a few weeks ago and they are taking up 2 spaces in our foster homes right now-and they'll probably end up having to live there as we've not gotten any solid bites for them. We just don't have somewhere to keep him now. We can help with transport and anything else though. We just don't have a roof for him.
BoxerRescueQuebec.com
Old March 27th, 2005, 09:17 PM

Verifiable source

Just getting around to reading the posts. Yes, this is from a verifiable source. I actually had applied on that job.... I'm so glad I don't have it, but I feel so bad for the two girls who got it. One of them called me recently with tears in her eyes, the dog was going down the next day. She had been trying for two weeks to get her a foster home or adopted, and once her time limit is up, if she hasn't found a place, the dog gets put down. So I took that one out 3 weeks ago, a young German Shepherd (who just swallowed a ball today and cost me a fortune in emergency vet care!!!!).

My place is full, and I have a returning dog. Just got the e-mail today, the lady has had a death in the family, her father is very ill, she lost her job and is now suffering from depression. She is returning the dog after 1 year, believe it or not...

The more I rescue dogs, the more I hate people more and more. This lady had sworn to me a dog was for life, she has put so much time and effort into getting this dog to adjust and now this... And I have 2 here. So I can't help this boxer at all. I'm going crazy. I do what I can, unfortunately, not what I want.

I will find out tomorrow how much time this guy has and will let you all know, but I know it is very limited. The most I might be able to stretch it is a week if I'm lucky and have something lined up....

This is getting so hard...
Old March 28th, 2005, 07:44 PM

Too late

Unfortunately, they didn't give the 11 yr. old boxer a chance. He was euthanized this morning.

There is another one, however, who is not being put up for adoption. She is a 2 yr. old boxer/pitbull mix, who just had a litter and has sores around her mouth. That is her problem, the reason she will be put down if she has not found a "permanent foster" (as they call them) within 2 weeks max.

If anyone can help this one, let me know. Her name is Killer, but she is so sweet and adorable the staff has re-named her Daisy.

I should be getting pictures by tomorrow.