Old August 8th, 2005, 05:39 PM
Teddy's Canine Railroad

Lovely sight at vet's office

I was at the vet's office today with Delila having her sutures removed from surgery. There was a husband and wife there with there Himalayan cat. He was beautiful to say the least. He was having bloodwork done and some other tests. I could not believe it when they told me he was 20 years old. I wanted to hug the couple for giving this cat so much love, devotion and care for 20 years and still going. Just wanted to share as it's so rare to see such animal dedication.
Old August 8th, 2005, 05:43 PM
Senior Contributor

I remember one of the last times I took my Monstrose to the vet. He was 20, and the vets and techs ended up standing in the doorway of the exam room to get a look at him. I heard someone say "That cat is 20 years old!!" He didn't look a day over 10!!

I love seeing old animals too! I agree it's rare. So few live so long, and in the same home.
Old August 8th, 2005, 05:44 PM

It is amazing how long they can live with the proper care and love. It just go to show how much commitment is involved when getting an animal.

My mom's cat is 18 years old this summer. We got her when I was only seven years old. The vet says she is very healthy, I think we still have many years to enjoy Tipper's company.
Old August 8th, 2005, 06:22 PM
Owned by goldens

Lovely sight at vet's office

Last year I was at the vet and a lady was sitting beside me with a small dog. It had a large fatty tumor on its leg but according to its owner she had had it for years and it did not bother her. The reason she was at the vet was because her little dog had recently started leaking urine on occasion. Not bad for an 18 year old gal.
Old August 8th, 2005, 07:34 PM
Missing My Ciara, 3-21-06

Story's like this warm the cockles of my heart. I love it!

..I am still trying to figure out exactly what a "cockle" is though.
Old August 8th, 2005, 08:14 PM

Yey! What a nice story.

I have one! When I was at the vet on Friday, there was a guy there with two dogs. He had very little control over one of them, so he brought him outside and put him in the car. When he came back in, I made a comment about how some dogs freak out at the vet, and he said, "It's not my dog. We found him last night and just want to make sure he's ok." :love:
Old August 9th, 2005, 07:18 AM
Teddy's Canine Railroad

aww nice to see someone who's a true animal lover.

When I was at the vet's office two young guys and what appeared to be one of their fathers, had this cage with tiny little creatures in it. I saw black n white so asked "skunks'? They laughed and proceeded to tell me that they were little kittens about 4 days old. The mother cat had them on their back balcony and they caught her eating one of the babies. They scooped all the others up and had them vet checked. They were taking them home to feed and care for them. What I found interesting was that these guys were early twenties and handled the kittens with such gentleness. The father was busy giving Daphne ear rubs and telling her what a good girl she was. Made me hope that when my girls are old enough to date that they pick these kind of guys!
Old August 9th, 2005, 07:51 AM
Senior Contributor

Feel-good-stories,I LOVE them,there are good people out there after all :love:
Old August 9th, 2005, 09:16 AM
Adopt a senior dog!!

My cat, Boy George, was 23 this year when we had to put him down. I got him when I was 2!!
BoxerRescueQuebec.com
Old August 9th, 2005, 10:40 AM
owned by Tucker

A friend of mine had a cat for 22 years, I always thought it was amazing. My grandfather had a GSD for 16 years and he was a big dog, I've not known to many of them to live that long either. I've never been that lucky.
Old August 9th, 2005, 10:43 AM
Adopt a senior dog!!

Ya, we were so lucky to have him so long. I thought we might have had a record on our hands, but I looked it up and I think the oldest cat was like, 30 or something.
BoxerRescueQuebec.com