Old February 22nd, 2009, 08:17 PM
I'm a softy

2 Puppies Found

My friend and I have found these 2 puppies wondering around our neighborhood lost. They are both female, don't know what breeds my guess is part lab boxer border collie.. What's ur guess? I think about 3 or 4 months old. i have called EVERYWHERE and no one has been looking for them. They will have to stay the night. It is SO cold. Then tomorrow go to the pound and wait their 3 days, rescue has already been contacted so these pups will be tagged so if they are not picked up they will be going to funds for furry friends. Oh yeah, their tails are docked! no collars.. I am thinking it is a likely possibility that they have been dumped... poor things, they are cold and the little all black girl is just terrified...... oh dear..
Attached Images

Old February 22nd, 2009, 08:19 PM
I'm a softy

o darn! I forgot to resize! let me know if it is a prob and I will post smaller ones
Old February 22nd, 2009, 08:21 PM

They are way too cute- poor things they must of been so scared out there alone! Good thing they stuck together and you and your friend found them!!

Thank you for arranging to move them into rescue once they go through the process at the pound for 3 days - they are way too cute! It be great to see them go to amazing homes after what they went through!! I would say Lab for sure, the docked tail is a bit strange.. Id say LabxBoxer (I dont see Border Collie personally being around a ton of them at FLyball and Agility) but regardless they are adorable!
Old February 22nd, 2009, 08:50 PM
I'm a softy

i don't know what they are.. it is just sad. they are in my friends yard. but i think I am going to spend the next 2 hours trying to get my dog to not eat them and let them inside, they are too small...... I wouldn't send them to the pound without somewhere for them to go, funds for furry friends is good, i called her right away, we know them very well though.. NO ONE is looking for them!! I called all radio stations, the pound, animal control all the vets... sad sad sad it is -21 here. not good puppy weather. My friend also has 2 rescues that want to eat them
Old February 22nd, 2009, 09:58 PM

Its amazing how people can just leave puppies in this kind of weather, the poor things. Thank dog you and your friend found them!! You likely saved their lives running around loose with no where to go I hope they settle in for the night and tomorrow is a new day for them - on their way to finding their forever homes!!
Old February 22nd, 2009, 10:02 PM
Senior Contributor

dam people!!! you are a angel, hope things work out,brenda and the pins..
Old February 22nd, 2009, 10:09 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

They sure are little dolls! And extremely lucky that you and your friend found them!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old February 22nd, 2009, 10:21 PM

So sad little babies out there on their own :sad: so cute how could anyone leave them out

for bringing in the wee ones & settig up rescue options for them

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying
Old February 22nd, 2009, 10:29 PM
Doggie Wench

Poor babies :sad:. Would you or your friend have a heated garage, or maybe a spare room in the basement away from the adult dogs? I wish we lived closer, I'd take them in until the Rescue could take over .
Old February 22nd, 2009, 10:34 PM

Oh My God!!! They are soo adorable. The all black one looks exactly like my dog when she was a pup. My dog is lab/ golden/ daschound mix. If i lived closer i would take them in too. Please keep us updated...if worse comes to worse.....i'll find a way to take at least one! (If they are going to be put to sleep..)
Old February 22nd, 2009, 10:53 PM
I'm a softy

it is ok. I have introduced my dog, it was scary for a bit but all is well now, so they are happily in my house curled up with my kids.. bad thing is.. 2 new puppies... 3 kids... haha... these pups have NEVER had a leash on before! so sad, don't know where they came from or how they got to my neighborhood... my friend had her dogs out and they were barking so she went to investigate, and found these two babies, so she put her dogs in and put these in her yard and then called me, I have contacted EVERYONE and noone has called looking for puppies.. no collars, docked tails, no training, the age.. the breed.. seriously making me think dumped.. they would have froze or been hit by a car in no time... They musta known my friend and I lived here and knew the connections we have!! they want a forever home!!!!! poor babies.... they are VERY sweet!! they will make someone VERY happy hope they have kids!!!!
Old February 22nd, 2009, 10:55 PM
I'm a softy

ohhh and do not worry they will not be pts!! NO NO NO!! I already called a friend who runs a rescue that I am with, they will go to the pound for their three days, they will be tagged for them and picked up if not claimed. thank you all for your kindness these babies need it!
Old February 22nd, 2009, 11:15 PM
Doggie Wench

I'm glad they're in your home, warm, safe, sound, and cuddled to bits by your children, I'm sure . Thank you LML .
Old February 22nd, 2009, 11:24 PM
I'm a softy

yes.. and there are 5 cats here currently.. I really only own 3... but all the cats have not even minded having puppies in the face sniffing their everywheres! amazing how animals can get used to strange animals, a few of these cats would have NEVER considered a dog comming that close a while ago! I hope they find an amazing forever home! I will make sure that they do! it doesn't take much for me to fall head over heals in love!
Old February 22nd, 2009, 11:55 PM
Slave to Dogs and 1 Angel

Too cute, just want to hold them close and squeeze them.

All dogs want to be lap dogs doesn't matter the size!
-Growler
Old February 23rd, 2009, 05:00 AM
Senior Contributor

I agree with Melanie, lab/boxer or lab/pit, man they are sweet!!! How could anyone "lose" them and not search......that female tears my heart out
Old February 23rd, 2009, 08:16 AM
Senior Contributor

OMG LML,Look at that little girls face,enough to make you cry
Peoples cruelty does not surprise me anymore
You and your friend are for sure and I am glad your critters accepted these little ones,they'll be ok now
Old February 23rd, 2009, 08:27 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Ditto what chico said. What sweet souls who need to be in a caring home.

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old February 23rd, 2009, 12:21 PM
I'm a softy

well they have been picked up! they will be taken care of, I know where they are going, they are already tagged by rescue, they will be in rescue in 3 days if not claimed... so sad.. their tails are docked but not right off.. like about 4 inches,maybe bit less.. I have had people email me and say they want them, I said call the rescue in 3 days.. and they said, I would rather get it from you.. UHM I CANNOT DO THAT!! What if it is someone elses? I can't give away someones pet.. someone else said I am mean and shouldn't let them go to the pound but call my rescue instead.. uhmm.. hello? I CANNOT they HAVE to go to the pound first before rescue can take them geez people!
Old February 23rd, 2009, 01:36 PM
Senior Contributor

the ones that are saying that are probably in Ontario, here we can keep them as long as we let the spca know we have them, then after 72 of actively looking for owners we can place them in any rescue or rehome them, but ONLY after 72 hours of letting the spca know.
Old February 23rd, 2009, 02:01 PM
I'm a softy

no the people that said that are on ebrandon, which is a buncha people from here, the people that said it live here.. here is a copy and paste from the rescue's site..

Please be aware that if you find a pet you legally MUST turn the animal into your local animal impound to give the owners an opportunity to reclaim the animal. If you wish to adopt the animal, should a home not be located, ask the impound facility to contact you if the animal is not reclaimed. Animal impounds are designed to hold animals for owners to reclaim them, but can be at risk of being euthanized if the owners do not come in the elotted time period. We do try and assist whenever possible - if you have dropped off a dog and wish to let us know about it, please contact us!
Old February 23rd, 2009, 02:04 PM
Senior Contributor

well I for one know you did the right thing, you kept them warm and fed through a cold night, following the proper channels, and will follow up with a rescue group if the owners do not locate them or want them back, pat yourself on the back girl, you did well!
Old February 23rd, 2009, 02:20 PM
Senior Contributor

I'm with Melinda on this.
Old February 23rd, 2009, 03:17 PM

lUvMyLaB<3...thanks for taking care of these 2 little guys.
You definitely did the right thing...take it from someone who's pet has disappeared :sad: If you would have taken them and given them away there would never be a chance for their proper owner to re-claim them.
Old February 23rd, 2009, 03:48 PM
I'm a softy

exactly SIL, I cannot do that, I hope for their owner to come forward, but MOST owners would have phoned there, there is only one pound, and all strays must go through there, if it was possible I could have kept them a day or two while looking, and then called the pound, but there are 2 of them, and they have NO manners or training, and I have 2 dogs and three kids, so not great idea..they also STUNK!! peeeeyu! heehee.. maybe they were kept kenneled or someting cuz I have never smelled a puppy that bad! had to wash bedding all day, cuz yes they slept in our beds with our dogs and cats! haha that was funny.. they were naughty all night though..

I am kinda glad that we have a law here that they all must go to the pound, and there is only one pound, that way all animals and owners should have a chance to get back together, I also called all the radio stations and put them all over ebrandon, our cities talk group web page thing. and NOTHING.. well I hope they get a good home, the rescue group they are going to is very good, it is a foster based rescue there is no kennel or central place, some have to spend a bit of a time in a boarding kennel until a foster is found but that is usually temporary, it is called funds for furry friends, they are pretty awesome!

Thank you all for your kind words and wishes for these little babies..!

To the few people that messaged me about them maybe being pitts, I don't know if they are.. maybe.. we don't have many pitts here, I have never seen one in rescue yet,, and there is no law here, so if they are pitts don't worry they will be treated the same as any other breed! thanks!
Old February 23rd, 2009, 04:04 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Late to this one. Just wanted to say thank you very much for being these little one's ! They look adorable! The pure black one is so sweet looking! Looks like a lab cross to me. Just like my Sammy girl.
Again, thank you for being so kind and caring. The world needs more of you.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old February 27th, 2009, 11:26 PM
Momof6

Delta and Dawn

Well, it looks like the girls made it to rescue. Funds for Furry Friends has them listed with some pics. It says they are looking for foster homes for them. They are gorgeous! If I didn't have 4 dogs and 2 cats already I would gladly foster. Anyone in the Brandon area have room to foster a couple of cuties???
Old February 28th, 2009, 08:44 AM
Senior Contributor

That's great,hopefully a foster will be found
I too thought I could see some pitt in these cute guys,I am glad they are in Manitoba and not here in the BSL province
Old February 28th, 2009, 03:08 PM
I'm a softy

yup!! the pound person insisted they were bosten cross.. I disagree.. oh well, they will need a lot of training.. I don't think pitt, they are too small! and they are very very few pitts here, unless they came from winnipeg or something I can't see it, this is more of a farm dog place...