Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Lost & Found (Pls include a pic if possible & write location in TITLE)

Old November 12th, 2008, 05:25 PM

Stolen dog in Ville St. Laurent Quebec

Here's a new one...This was posted on a meet-up group i belong to. A woman had her black pug stolen from her by a group of young men. She has 2 pugs, they were tied to a bicycle pole (?) it was near midnight..a group of young men engaged her in conversation, asking questions about the dogs..they seemed friendly. As soon as she untied Annie (the stolen one) they grabbed her and ran to their car. (a Berline Audi) (i assume Berline is the color) (this is a french speaking woman so the details may have gotten mixed up in translation). The Pug, Annie has a serious eye infection in her right eye and needs antibiotics. If anyone has any info, please call Delphine at 514-233-0240 thanks
Old November 12th, 2008, 06:09 PM
Compromised account

Ohhh...the lengths people would go to...Was she fixed?
Old November 12th, 2008, 06:58 PM

Did she contact the police?? Maybe she should also tell them that they stold her purse also. Maybe that will get them to be on the look out. Did she get the license number? Or a description of these young guys.
Old November 12th, 2008, 07:30 PM

she didn't say if Annie was fixed...She has contacted the police and all the local newspapers, hopefully SOMEBODY will do a story about it!
Old November 12th, 2008, 07:44 PM
Senior Contributor

More important question. Why were to small dogs, left out tied to a Pole, At midnight?! By themselves?!
Jasper - White cat

R.I.P Casey #1.
Gone but never ever forgotten.
Old November 12th, 2008, 08:59 PM

i have no idea why they were tied to a bike pole..they were not alone, she was with them. I only know what she posted ..maybe she had taken them for a walk and stopped to pick something up at a depanneur. She was with them at the time as she was having a conversation with the young men before they grabbed Annie.
Old November 13th, 2008, 12:20 PM

Annie's picture is on the front page of the west island section of the montreal Gazette, but you can only access the story on-line, www.westislandgazette.com
Old November 13th, 2008, 12:42 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by babymomma View Post
More important question. Why were to small dogs, left out tied to a Pole, At midnight?! By themselves?!

I am sorry, but I have to say this. Does it matter if they are small dogs or not?

ACO22
Old November 13th, 2008, 12:51 PM
Senior Contributor

I didn't even want to comment - but I cannot help it! Thank you AC022.
Old November 13th, 2008, 01:02 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMax View Post
I didn't even want to comment - but I cannot help it! Thank you AC022.
*L* No prob BenMax. I am a very outspoken, opinioned (expecially on animal issues) and straightforward individual...which some would classify as being a B**ch. However, I am quite the opporiste. I know alot of my posts upset people, but yet I don't like to beat around the bush, so to speak.

When you roll with me, you always know where you stand *L*

ACO22

Last edited by NoahGrey; November 13th, 2008 at 01:05 PM.
Old November 13th, 2008, 01:26 PM
Senior Contributor

I believe the women went to the bank machine, she tied the dogs outside for a minute or two. When she left the bank machine, two nice guys were near the dog and started asking her questions about the breed.

When the lady undid the dogs leash, I believe to untangle or untie it from the pole, the man grabbed the dog and ran.

I remeber reading this in an email I recieved the other day.
Old November 13th, 2008, 01:29 PM
Senior Contributor

Here's the orginal email...I received alot of emails about it where people are talking back and forth with the lady who lost her dog.

On the 6th of november my black pug named Annie have been stolen infront of me by a groupd of young mens driving an audi berlineThis happened in Ville saint-laurent on Decarie She have a very grave affection at her right eye and need treatment.its been already 3 days thats she did not received her antibiotics. Please help me finding her back by posting this flyer in yourneighboorhood and forwarding this email to everyone you know.I cant add the flyer because meetupd only autorize 1mb.But send me your personnal email and I will forward the flyer to you PLEASE HELP ME FIND ANNIE BACK!!!! Thanks for reading
Old November 13th, 2008, 01:45 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by poodletalk View Post
I believe the women went to the bank machine, she tied the dogs outside for a minute or two. When she left the bank machine, two nice guys were near the dog and started asking her questions about the breed.

When the lady undid the dogs leash, I believe to untangle or untie it from the pole, the man grabbed the dog and ran.

I remeber reading this in an email I recieved the other day.
Wrong - that woman owned a teckel.
Old November 13th, 2008, 01:54 PM

again, for the full story go to: www.westislandgazette.com
Old November 13th, 2008, 01:58 PM
Senior Contributor

So the lesson is to not tie your dog unattended. So sad that this is a lesson that has a horrible consequence.

I pray that the dog is returned.
Old November 13th, 2008, 02:08 PM
ZiggyZuzuZoeyRaggzy&Keena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMax View Post
So the lesson is to not tie your dog unattended. So sad that this is a lesson that has a horrible consequence.:
Benmax tho I totally agree about NOT tying a dog while in a store, etc, in this instance the owner of the dogs WAS THERE untying the dogs when the "bad guys" stole ONE of the two...the one that was untied.

These were total mischief makers and what the Hell were they doing out hanging around on a Thursday night?
Old November 13th, 2008, 02:11 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by diandpat View Post
Benmax tho I totally agree about NOT tying a dog while in a store, etc, in this instance the owner of the dogs WAS THERE untying the dogs when the "bad guys" stole ONE of the two...the one that was untied.

These were total mischief makers and what the Hell were they doing out hanging around on a Thursday night?
You are right diandpat I should read more closely as I am certainly not pointing fingers...(just a friggen bad day and this poster does not need my horrible two cents worth). Sorry.
Old November 13th, 2008, 05:12 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO22 View Post
I am sorry, but I have to say this. Does it matter if they are small dogs or not?

ACO22

Obviously it doesnt matter if they are small dogs or not. Im sorry if the way i worded it made it sound like its alright to leave big dogs tied to a pole. Geesh. Im the last person that would think its alright. In this partcular post, it is a small dog no?
Jasper - White cat

R.I.P Casey #1.
Gone but never ever forgotten.
Old November 13th, 2008, 05:40 PM

wow! CTV news is doing an interview with the woman (Delphine) tonight between 6 and 6:30. For those of you in Montreal try and tune in! At least she is getting a lot of exposure through the local media.
Old November 13th, 2008, 05:55 PM
banned user

Hey that is great...but could you find out who we need to contact to try and get help for Bumjug too
Old January 24th, 2009, 07:15 PM

Just got news today that Annie is back with her owner (Delphine). The SPCA called her to tell her two young men dropped off a black pug and it was Annie. Unfortunately, because her eye infection wasn't treated, she is now totally blind. Personally, this whole story doesn't make ANY sense to me!??
Old January 24th, 2009, 08:10 PM
Senior Contributor

Maybe she offered a fat reward through the SPCA. Maybe someone took pity on a suffering dog or they couldn't find anyone to keep her, or buy her. The damage is done, but at least she will be back with her owner.
I admit I drank a couple of glasses of wine earlier, but what is fishy about this story?
Old January 24th, 2009, 09:00 PM

I just don't get why these two "young men" (teenagers?) would steal a dog, right from the owner's hands, keep it for almost three months then dump it at the pound. Makes no sense to me. Maybe i'm missing something?
Old January 25th, 2009, 07:36 AM
Rottie owner and lover

Sounds to me could not afford eye treatment, and said forget it. Or the dog was just to hard to hide from family. Could be a number of reasons, but the dog is home now, that is what counts
Old January 25th, 2009, 08:13 AM
Senior Contributor

A strange story and it's very unfortunate poor Annie is now blind on one eye,but she's back home,which is the best news