Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > In the News - Pet related articles and stories in the press > Newspaper Articles of Interest (animal/pet related) from Around the World

Old June 30th, 2010, 01:21 PM
Senior Contributor

Dogs and Cats sleeping in your bed

I thought this was going to be an article saying it wasn't a good thing, but I was pleasantly surprised.

http://pets.webmd.com/features/pets-in-your-bed
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/
Old June 30th, 2010, 01:32 PM

I love this article Its refreshing and unbiased. It talks about the pros and cons of sleeping with your pet and lets you make your own choice, i love it!

We dont sleep with Jeremy. He has his own bed in another room, as recommended by our trainer.
The only times he sleeps with us is if we are travelling. I love it though. He is so warm and snuggly and let me hug him while sleeping although he does take up a whole lotta space...

Monkey sleeps with me 80% of the time, depending on his mood i am guessing... he likes to sleep 'on' me or snuggled right next to me but he gets cranky if i try to move and may try to 'hold me in place' by slowly taking out one little clow and digging it into my leg... so i try not to move..

we should have a poll

“Dogs believe they are human. Cats believe they are God.”

"The average dog is a nicer person than the average person."
Old June 30th, 2010, 01:47 PM
Senior Contributor

Well in my bed I have the following:

CATS: Blu, Riley, Dooby, Phoenix, Farah. Riza sleeps in the bathroom sink.

DOGS: Julia under the covers, Spike (my foster) at the foot of the bed. Maddox on his bed on the floor.

BOYFRIEND: Fits in somewhere if a good boy. His doberman and anatolean shepard sleep on the floor on their beds.

REMEDY: Get a double king size bed and then we will all be happy....especially me! (oh and remove the sink in the bathroom to force Riza to snuggle).
Old June 30th, 2010, 03:00 PM
Senior Contributor

I have only have one cat and she seems to go in phases with hogging my bed. Sometimes she'll go weeks without hopping up on my bed, while other times..she has to sleep in my bed. She loves to sleep on the couch at night..but sometimes she snuggles up to me and then hogs the bed lol. I do miss her purring when she is not in bed with me.
Old June 30th, 2010, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahGrey View Post
I do miss her purring when she is not in bed with me.
that reminded me how on several occassion i woke up at night cuz monkey was purring SOO loudly.... its cute... but it was 3 am

a few times he woke my husband by doing this 'head butting' thing he does sometimes... hubby wasnt too pleased

“Dogs believe they are human. Cats believe they are God.”

"The average dog is a nicer person than the average person."
Old June 30th, 2010, 03:39 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Well, I'm not sure they don't disturb our sleep, but they do all sleep with us. The disturbance is usually not bed-related, anyway--it's those midnight alarms when whatever wildlife is passing through triggers the Pack's hair-trigger detection system.

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old June 30th, 2010, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahGrey View Post
I have only have one cat and she seems to go in phases with hogging my bed. Sometimes she'll go weeks without hopping up on my bed, while other times..she has to sleep in my bed. She loves to sleep on the couch at night..but sometimes she snuggles up to me and then hogs the bed lol. I do miss her purring when she is not in bed with me.
Sounds like my dog, Connor. He goes through phases. At the moment, he's taken to sleeping between my boyfriend and I in the bed. However, last week, he was on the couch all night. Hahah. Depends on his mood I guess!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelrunpack View Post
Well, I'm not sure they don't disturb our sleep, but they do all sleep with us. The disturbance is usually not bed-related, anyway--it's those midnight alarms when whatever wildlife is passing through triggers the Pack's hair-trigger detection system.
How do they all fit!? Hahah. Connor takes just as much space as me and he's only 10 pounds!
Old June 30th, 2010, 03:47 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

You haven't lived till you've shared your bed with almost 400 pounds of dog.

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old June 30th, 2010, 03:50 PM
banned user

Quote:
I have....gets a little crowded at times...and yes when they hear something outside...one woof and they are all up and wanting out to investigage......
Old June 30th, 2010, 04:00 PM
Senior Contributor

Well Clark is a real snuggler he likes to be under the cover and must be touching some part of you. But since he is having problems with his hips and cannot jump on the bed right now he sleeps in his bed which I moved beside my bed. He looks at me like please can I come up but I can't lift the little pork chop. I am hoping the vet has some news for me I took him for xrays just waiting for the vet to read them he was not in when they did them. I am hoping he has just pulled a muscle and it is nothing more serious. Funny Bud who was suppose to be the one with hip problems never had them.
Hazelpack I understand the 400 pounds of dog thing well
Now owned by Clark the Crazy American Bulldog
Old June 30th, 2010, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Sounds cozy! Hahah.
Old June 30th, 2010, 05:08 PM
Senior Contributor

Heh, I've always got at the very least 2 on the bed, but most of the time I've got all 5 on a queen bed. Kiska has taken to sleeping next to my pillow. Czari will sleep with me holding her in one arm. Maks sleeps against my left side, and only my left side. Vlad will sleep either between my legs, on my shoulder or on my pillow. Oksana will usually sleep in the closet at the beginning of the night, but them wind up on the bed on my right side.

I love feeling them against me. It's hard for me to sleep unless at least one of them are with me.
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/