Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > On topic - Pet chat, opinions, feelings and rants

Old March 31st, 2012, 02:50 PM

Roomba acting weird.. is it because of the dog/cat fur?

I have an iRobot vacuum and it started going backwards in circles!!! It's frustrating, there's lots of cat hair and dog fur in the brushes and I clean them regularly. Is this causing my vacuum to go crazy??? Does anyone know how to fix this??
Old March 31st, 2012, 08:37 PM

Hi, we have a roomba too and I find that it goes backwards when it thinks that it has something tangled up in there and it is trying to untangle (ie when its stuck on a wire). Did you check all the nooks and crannies there? We have to clean our after each use because of all the pet hair and we really have to pull out the brushes and all the little yellow pieces too and clean out all the little parts because hair gets tangled on everywhere.... and we have the pet edition so you would think they would have thought of something...

“Dogs believe they are human. Cats believe they are God.”

"The average dog is a nicer person than the average person."
Old April 12th, 2012, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masha View Post
Hi, we have a roomba too and I find that it goes backwards when it thinks that it has something tangled up in there and it is trying to untangle (ie when its stuck on a wire). Did you check all the nooks and crannies there? We have to clean our after each use because of all the pet hair and we really have to pull out the brushes and all the little yellow pieces too and clean out all the little parts because hair gets tangled on everywhere.... and we have the pet edition so you would think they would have thought of something...
Thanks for the reply Masha. I tried everything. I've done some research and now have ordered a solder free repair kit from http://www.eesolutions.ca. I have my fingers crossed and hoping this will work. I will report back later with results.
Old May 21st, 2012, 12:33 PM

Happy to report that everything worked like a charm. I was able to fix my broken Roomba and well now I'm no longer scared of it breaking down. Well at least I know how to fix the 9-beep error thing. I guess that's what it's called. haha.