Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old January 26th, 2005, 04:44 PM

Update on the dog next door

Well, before I could get a chance to talk to my neighbour, there was a knock at my door around 345 today, it was the woman who lives there, she was soooo apoligetic about Mocha's crying and said she had no idea, I told her there was no need to apoligize to me I wasnt complaining about the noise, I just felt really bad for the dog,then I offered to take her for a daily walk and also asked her if Mocha had something to chew on like a kong, she didnt know what a kong was but said he had some rawhide toys but didnt seem to care for them, so I told her maybe she should get her one at the pet store. Also if she maybe could put on some music or the tv while she was alone, she said she is off work till monday so she wont be left alone till then and when she goes back to work she is going to see if she can get on the afternon shift so she wont have to be left alone at all, she said she feels really bad now because mocha is her baby ( I was glad to hear her say that), and when her hubby comes home she was going to the pet store to get her some new toys As for me walking her, she said she would talk to her hubby about it but thought it was a great idea , if she cant change shifts, I told her I'm a huge animal lover she said she was happy she now knows whats going on. So I guess my other neighbour must have brought this up to her when she picked up her kids today, I'm glad she did. I also mentioned there are some recipes for kongs on the internet she said she doesnt have a computer so I told her if she wants she is welcome to come over and use ours and she can bring mocha for a visit to so she can get to know me a little, I'll just have to hide my cats for a while
Old January 26th, 2005, 04:48 PM

That's super news! I'm sure Mocha will do much better with you on her side.
Old January 26th, 2005, 04:54 PM
Senior Contributor

Now see that all worked out. What a relief to know that this person atleast pays attention and is trying her best for the dog.
Old January 26th, 2005, 04:55 PM
Senior Contributor

Coonlover,that sounds great! My hubbie always says to me,don't get involved,but sometimes you just have to get involved and usually things work out for the best.
I took my neighbors little Cocker,Bailey out today and she was sooo happy,she's the sweetest little thing :love:
She got lots of snow stuck in her fur though,but I gave her a good towelling and brushing and then she went for a snoooze.I'll do the same tomorrow,I loved walking her
Old January 26th, 2005, 05:02 PM

I feel so much better now, I cant wait for her to come over later with Mocha, shes such a sweetie, I'm also gonna bring up the breeding issue to her if the time feels right, I dont want to come off as being too nosey or a know it all ( which I'm not), but she probably doesnt know all the facts so I'm gonna search for some info on the net on problems with breeding your dog. Any more advice would be greatly appreciated
Old January 26th, 2005, 05:16 PM
Senior Contributor

That is great and lucky Mocha. I am glad she seem to genuinely care for Mocha and is probably in the basement as some people put their animals in the kitchen and block it off. Sometimes you just gotta get involved
Now owned by Clark the Crazy American Bulldog
Old January 26th, 2005, 08:31 PM
Senior Contributor

good news!!

Good for you!! see?? now you have TWO new friends

Mocha and her mommy!!
Old January 28th, 2005, 11:32 AM

My neighbor came over last night with Mocha,she gave me a warning first so I could hide the cats. What an awesome dog! I totally fell in love with her, she is so affectionate and cuddly. I was standing in the kitchen and she walked over and leaned on me( I love when dogs do that). When we were on the computer, I was sitting in a chair and she put her front paws on my lap and slowly tried to sit on me Mommy says Mocha thinks shes a lap dog, of course I helped her up so she could, shes a big girl tho. We talked about the whole breeding thing and she said its her hubby's idea,so I told her about some sites I found on breeding and what damage can be done so she printed some stuff out to show to her hubby, he also had no idea that mocha was crying all day. She did say she was going to talk to him about getting her fixed .She also said her hubby was leary about me coming over to walk her when no one is home because she may think Im an intruder and try to attack me, and then he said if she cant get on another shift he wants her to quit her job to stay home with the babies, fur and non fur..Im so glad now that I got involved, she is such a great dog!
Old January 28th, 2005, 12:13 PM
Senior member - formerly Lezzerpezzer

update

BRAVO!!! It is so nice when these things work out better than planned! Have fun with Mocha, your new best friend
Old February 1st, 2005, 01:51 PM

update

My neighbor just stopped by to tell me that she is going to get mocha fixed this week or next, she needed a vet so I gave her the name of mine. She said her hubby wanted to breed her one more time and she said no way She also got her afternoon shift so mocha will only be alone for an hour a day, which is much better that 8-9 hrs a day, she asked me if I would come by to check on her after she gets fixed while she is anlone for that one hr, I said of course. I'm so glad for Mocha
Old February 1st, 2005, 01:54 PM

That is wonderful news coonlover!
Old February 1st, 2005, 02:19 PM
Senior Contributor

This was definitley worth getting involved with you have educated one person and maybe another(hubby) and Mocha will benefit the most from all of this. Plus you have 2 new friends 1 fur 1 skin. Good work
Now owned by Clark the Crazy American Bulldog
Old February 1st, 2005, 04:25 PM
Senior Contributor

I am soo happy for Mocha,sometimes people just need a nudge in the right direction
Old February 1st, 2005, 07:15 PM

Im so glad I got involved, just to think I wasnt going to say anything