Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Introduce yourself here - Say hello

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 13th, 2007, 09:39 AM
Mom to a Hairy Little Son

Another New Member

I wanted to introduce myself and my Beagle boy Parker.

My husband and I adopted him last January, he was 7 months old. He was going to be dumped at the Humane Society. He was given to a university student as an unwanted gift from her boyfriend. We know very little of his history other than he had not been handled or socialized, and spent his life in a crate. He had not had any puppy shots, wasn't housetrained, and didn't know his name.

We never met his former owner, his adoption was facilitated by a co-worker of mine. We had never even seen him when we agreed to take him, and when I picked him up my heart completely melted. He is the most adorable beagle I've ever seen (although I might be biased ). He has gone from hating being touched and close to me, to a snuggler who makes me feel like I'm the most important thing in his life.

Training hasn't been completely easy with, but he's a fast learner. Luckily, he has never been destuctive or suffered from separation anxiety. We spend all our free time with him, and we are one happy pack! Parker is one of the best things that has ever happened to us, and we're so grateful we found him before he went to the humane society.

So that's Parker's story. I'm happy I've found this forum, I've learned alot from everyone here!