Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Pet photography > Pet photography - Pet pictures

Old October 28th, 2009, 09:26 AM
Senior Contributor

AG,Tux don't usually come in the morning,but today,like every day I looked out from my livingroom window and there he was.
I thought"OMG he's dead!!",his head was at a strange angle,but he was sleeping.
I grabbed a can of food and he did not wake up until I was right by him.
As I put the food in his dish,he came to me,before I even got all the food down.
I could have touched him.since he was right by my hand,but I did not,he shies away if I raise my hand,,
He makes strange noises when he eats,probably has to do with his jaw:sadr maybe it was a weird purr
Later hubby went out with some treats in his hand and he was excited as Tux came towards him,but not too close
Old October 28th, 2009, 09:42 AM
Senior Contributor

Oh, it sounds like he's starting to work his courage up. Do you think he might be hanging out around your place more and you just don't see him?

I've seen this video of a kitty eating, and the little guy is making this sort of growl/purr sound. Maybe that's the same thing Tux is making.
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/
Old October 28th, 2009, 10:50 AM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

chico, it's so good he is starting to trust you so much. It's possible if he keeps up at that pace you won't need the trap. You may be able to just put him in a carrier. That would be perfect!! Is there a spot you could put a spare carrier near where he eats so it's handy if you can get him? Under the trees or even near his nifty house maybe? You wouldn't feel guilty about a carrier like you would a trap, right?
I bet with this rain we are having you don't have the trap set today, right? I wouldn't either. I'm hoping Tux uses his new house too. It will keep him nice and cozy today.
Keep up the great work m/f!! Everything is possible. You saw the way Jupiter is now and I never thought that would work!!!

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old October 28th, 2009, 11:05 AM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14+kitties View Post
Whaaaa??????
You know what and bless you for it

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico2 View Post
Chris,with a lot of help from 14+,something will be worked out for him

I'm thinking that 14k already has things worked out in her mind

It took me about 40min to get to 14+,but only 25min to get home...a regular old speed-demon
You are like my Daughter Chico, I call her Zippy Canoe...she is a little speed demon
Old October 28th, 2009, 11:18 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Chico that is good news about Tux. It would be really great if you just put in some food into the carrier and snap it closed while he was eating.

Sending some that he is trapped soon and off to get neutered.

Chris:

No doubt, no doubt what so ever that 14+ has something worked out already.

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old October 28th, 2009, 12:05 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love4himies View Post
Chris:

No doubt, no doubt what so ever that 14+ has something worked out already.
You got that right L4H
Old October 28th, 2009, 12:26 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Aww shucks ladies... One day at a time.....

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old October 28th, 2009, 03:21 PM
Senior Contributor

What a face he has! I could totally love up a kitty like him. I'm hoping that he cooperates and all is well. Sounds like he's coming around though, I'm sure it's just a matter of time. that he gives just a wee bit more... You guys are angels.

Last edited by Dog Dancer; October 29th, 2009 at 01:33 PM.
Old October 28th, 2009, 03:43 PM
~Cat Servent~

thats awesome chico!! I hope he lets you love him up soon! I bet once he finds out why you're raising your hand.... he'll be all over you for pets!

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” -Mahatma Gandhi

"We're the renegades, we're the people; With our own philosophies; We change the course of history; Everyday people like you and me"- R A T M
Old October 28th, 2009, 04:00 PM
Senior Contributor

I don't know about that,but I'll certainly try,very slowly
I've been feeding him for a while now and talked to him,so you'd think he would not be scared anymore,but who knows what he's been through:sad:

I remember one day last winter,I was walking Bailey and I heard this awful cry from a cat,then I saw him,it must have been just about that time he got hurt somehow,he ran away when he saw us at that time.
Then he started coming here and I've been feeding him since.
14+,how did it go at the vet for your little guys??

I am going to try with the carrier tomorrow
Old October 28th, 2009, 06:19 PM
150% PRO S/N

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Tux cooperates soon.
I didn't get a chance to talk to my vet today. Her partner was there instead. I have to take Meowzer in for a recheck in another week or so and TT will be going too. I will make sure it is with my vet and see what she has to say. I showed his pics to the vet tech today. She said she couldn't see any reason why she wouldn't fix him. If there is a problem then we head to TO. Easy peasy.

Old October 29th, 2009, 11:36 AM
Senior Contributor

Well,I have not seen him since yesterday morning:sad:so now I am worried,hopefully he'll be back this afternoon.
Old October 29th, 2009, 11:53 AM
Senior Contributor

Chico, maybe today he is doing his usual stuff before he comes to you. Hopefully you'll see him soon.
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

Old October 29th, 2009, 01:04 PM
Mickey, my angel

I noticed it is a beautiful autumn day in Oakville (the kind of weather cats really enjoy being out and about in). I know it is such a worry though. that he shows up soon.
"Let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." -Jack Layton
"Be the change you want to see in the world" -Gandhi

Kitties: Punky (17), and Sassy (13), Twinky (10),

SweetMickey 1991 to May 24, 2009

Last edited by mikischo; October 29th, 2009 at 01:11 PM.
Old October 29th, 2009, 03:47 PM
Senior Contributor

I would not say it's a beautiful day,but it's not raining +10C,or snowing,so it's ok.
He is actually waiting right now to cross the street,he's sitting there watching the cars go by.
Looks from side to side until he sees a chance to run,it's really nerve-wreckingbut at least he's come back..
He made it! I live on a very busy street,especially this time of the day and he always makes it,so far.
Old October 29th, 2009, 05:57 PM
Senior Contributor

He continues to make it until you can get hold of him.

Old October 29th, 2009, 11:00 PM

I love it when animals learn to trust us. It's a sweet thing.

RM
Old October 30th, 2009, 07:42 AM
Senior Contributor

Ryan,he does not really trust me yet,but he's 100% better than when I first saw him,last winter.
Old October 30th, 2009, 12:52 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico2 View Post
Ryan,he does not really trust me yet,but he's 100% better than when I first saw him,last winter.

Have u tried sitting down to talk to him? Maybe he wouldn't be so scared if u were sitting and making yourself smaller?

I hope he goes into the trap soon. Every time I read about that road and your watching him, I get chest pains and find myself holding my breath. I can't imagine what u are like watching him.

Debbie

~Tegan 9 year old yellow lab~
~Wilbur 9 year old LH cat~
~Mirabelle 18 mos dsh~
~O'Shawnnessey 18 mos dsh~
~Darby 1 year old dsh~
~Mindy 7 yr old shih tzu~
~Dexter 10yr old Salmon (large goldfish)
Old October 30th, 2009, 01:07 PM
-

Any luck today?
Old October 30th, 2009, 04:08 PM
Senior Contributor

TQ,I always sit down and talk to him softly,after he's eaten,he goes in to his house,where I put a little dish with treats,but he does not stay there.

I have not had the trap out yet,today it has been pouring rain and as soon as I am able to catch him,I have to drive him to 14+,our kitty-whisperer and hopefully he can get neutered.
After,he'll either come back here or stay at 14+(which she so very kindly offered),we'll see how he is,but first he has to be caught
However she is busy worrying about little Timmy right now,so I won't add another worry.
Once again,here I am waiting for Tux,it is nerve-wrecking for sure:sad:
Old October 30th, 2009, 04:55 PM

He has such a cute face.

RM
Old October 30th, 2009, 05:57 PM
150% PRO S/N

Chico, please don't hold off on Tux till TT is better. I can't get him back into the vet until Mon or Tues for a recheck. I am setting up the crate tomorrow after work so any time. The sooner we get Tux the better.
He is trusting you enough to go into his house? That is marvelous!! Maybe if you set a carrier beside the house with treats he will go in and you can close the door quickly. Let him go in and out of it a few times first though so he doesn't suspect anything. It sounds like he is trusting you more and more. That is so great!
You are such a sweet lady to care so much for this little guy. I'm sure you will get him soon and then we can move forward with his neutering.

Old October 30th, 2009, 06:19 PM
Senior Contributor

I hope you can get Tux soon Chico! 14+, you are the bomb. You both are.

Old October 31st, 2009, 07:56 AM
Senior Contributor

Thank's 14+,I'll do my best..He obviously does not like rain(who does!),must be hunkered down somewhere.
OMG can that kitty eat,there is a new spring in his step As I watched him walk away yesterday he was spraying the neighbors car..
Halloween is not a good time for stray kitties,wish he would stay in his house tonight.
Old October 31st, 2009, 11:31 AM
~Cat Servent~

Halloween might work in your favour.... KMK stuck to me like glue last halloween as I was handing out candy outside, he seemed pretty freaked by all the people and was hiding just around the corner from me (and I caught him just a day or two later). So maybe if hubby hands out candy, you could sit in the back with Tux....I imagine he'll try to find a quiet spot as his usual spot across the street will probably be crawling with trick or treaters! Ya never know...you might be able to nab him tonight!

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” -Mahatma Gandhi

"We're the renegades, we're the people; With our own philosophies; We change the course of history; Everyday people like you and me"- R A T M
Old October 31st, 2009, 01:06 PM
-

LOL ....was that the neighbour you don't like?

Sounds like Tux is really benefitting with the good nourishment thanks to you, Chico.

Good luck tonight.
Old October 31st, 2009, 03:56 PM
Senior Contributor

KR,your idea is not going to work,he comes earlier than that,I just saw him crossing the street from the Townhouses and now he has to cross my street.
I'll be putting the trap,or the carrier out tomorrow afternoon when we get back home,he has only been here 2 mornings.
Old October 31st, 2009, 04:04 PM
150% PRO S/N

chico - the crate is set up for him with lots of straw to curl up in to stay warm. I just need to get a litter box in it and it's set. Now Tux just needs to cooperate with you.

Old October 31st, 2009, 04:16 PM
Senior Contributor

14+,I think I have a couple of litter-boxes in the shed,I'll bring one and some other things,when I finally catch him.
He just finished his dinner,I was busy in the kitchen,but he gave me a thank-you smile and off he went again,towards the street.

Rainbow,I like my neighbors,it was their visitors the cat-breeders,I did not like,but they are long gone.Thank Dog

Last edited by chico2; October 31st, 2009 at 04:26 PM.