Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog food forum

Old March 7th, 2005, 08:18 AM

murphy (13 yr old wheaten) and holly (senior poodle) are both on Wellness Senior dry - supplemented with garlic, carrot, a bit of oil, a pinch of kelp powder. thinking of switching to innova senior - anyone have experience with that brand?
Old March 7th, 2005, 08:04 PM
Owned by goldens

Dog food

I feed both my dogs Solid Gold, Wolf King. It has been about 6 weeks and their fur is beautiful and soft as silk. They were eating Royal Canin, Natural Blend before and while they had nice coats it was nothing like it is now. I didn't notice their stools were any larger however I do know someone who feeds this to her dogs and she said that the stools were smellier. I haven't noticed this so it may depend on the dog.
A few years ago I tried feeding Nutro, Natural Choice to my dogs and saw disastrous results. My younger girl developed a beautiful coat but she and my older dog began vomiting bile daily usually around the same time each day. I tried e-mailing the company for advice and all they could tell me was to feed more often or more food. After a few months of trying different things I gave up. I put them back on their old food and the vomiting stopped immediately. I have switched their foods twice since then and have never had a problem again.
A few people I know have had problems with Innova. Although an excellent food some dogs have a problem with it as it is very rich.
Old March 7th, 2005, 09:35 PM

I have just recently switched over to Chicken Soup and so far it's going great. Big difference in Radar's coat.
Old March 7th, 2005, 10:07 PM

Talking jojo28

My yorkie was having seizures for no apparent reason.The vet did tests for epilepsy and found nothing.I have Speedy on Wysong Maintenence and its really helped.From having 2 seizures a week to 1 every 2 monthes or sometimes even longer.Can't get it her in Quebec but my daughter gets it for me in Cornwall.
Old March 8th, 2005, 08:30 AM
Shih Tzu Owner

Ariel will be turning 1 year old this month. She was on a Wellness Super5Mix puppy diet and after looking around, I found out about the Costco adult dog food. Ariel seems to like it so far. She's still in the transition phase so I probably won't notice any difference until a month from now.
Old March 8th, 2005, 11:49 AM

My beast gets tlcpetfood.com. Good for her and good for me, free delivery and standing orders. It just shows up on the porch once a month!