Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > On topic - Pet chat, opinions, feelings and rants > Pet Stories - anecdotes - jokes

Old June 29th, 2008, 08:33 AM

Poor Constipated Lucky

When it was time to get up this morning Lucky didn't want to come out of her cage at all. I brought her out, hooked her up to her leash and took her outside. She dragged behind and I had to keep encouraging her to walk. Then she'd go into her 'void my innards' stance and push and push and push. She strained and shoved and her little face turned blue and purple and strips whirled around in her eyes like there was a barber pole in there. She'd take a few steps ahead and do it all again.

Finally she just lay down on the grass and refused to continue. This made me concerned. I picked her up and carried her back and put her on the floor and she didn't move again. A neighbour came by as we were going to go up to the breakfast at the Community Centre this morning. Normally, whenever somebody comes in Lucky gets all excited, jumps around, wags, her tail, and scampers furiously. This time she didn't. She just lay on the carpet and looked sad.

I put Lucky in her cage and my neighbour and I went to the breakfast.

When I got back Lucky wasn't any more frisky than when I'd left so I decided I'd better take her to the vet. I put her on the leash but she wouldn't even walk to the car. I had to carry her. I put her on the car seat and she just lay there and listened to taped adventures of The Lone Ranger all the way to town.

I went to the vet's office and he saw her right away.

"What seems to be the problem?" he asked me.

"She's terribly constipated," I told him.

"Really?" replied the doctor.

I looked where the doctor was looking and saw Lucky depositing diarrhea style poop all over his floor.

"And she isn't frisky," I told him as Lucky wagged her tail franticly and tried to climb up the doctor's leg.

Since I was there anyway I told the doctor the real reason I was there was to get a Kennel Cough shot for Lucky so that I could board her while I'm in England next month.
Old June 29th, 2008, 06:05 PM

I guess just seeing the vet gave her the push she needed to go! btw they can be constipated & have diarreah @ the sametime .
After all that she would of course feel much better

Good job Lucky

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying