Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 5th, 2011, 11:42 AM
Senior Contributor
Tetris Champion, Cell-Out Champion

Brown discharge in female Boxer 8 weeks after having puppies

Hey guys

A friend of mine recently got a Boxer. The people she got her from were not good people. They had a Rottie, a GSD and this Boxer. They bred her to the GSD, which is completely disgusting. She has to be the smallest Boxer I have ever seen. They told my friend she was 3 yrs old, but she isn't even a year yet (but still very small for her age). I checked her teeth and she doesn't even have all her adult teeth. Anyway, she had the puppies about 8 weeks ago. The people kept the puppies but gave the mother away. My friend has an appt. with Dr. Stelfox for a full physical, bloodwork, x-rays, poo panel etc. next Monday, so I would hate for her to have to see another vet that may or may not be any good (we have an abundance of those here). The dog has a lot of energy but she is losing her coat, extremely thin and now just started having some vaginal discharge. My friend described it as looking like a brownish (old blood?) clump of egg white consistency. Of course I immediately thought of Pyometra as soon as she said vaginal discharge, but I have never had an unspayed female, so I don't have any experience with that at all, and everything I could find said it would be just pussy with a foul odor, which it isn't. I was hoping maybe someone that knows more about it could tell me if that's a possibility and if we should get her in to see a different vet rather than waiting until Monday. Again, she does have a good appetite and energy, so she doesn't act sick, but I know that doesn't always mean she will be ok. Thanks to anyone with a little insight!!

Robyn

"Who can believe that there is no soul behind those luminous eyes!" ~ Theophile Gautier

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole" - Ok... whoever said this has never had a sick or special needs baby. They ARE our whole life!

R.I.P. my sweet, handsome Thorin. You are missed dearly Dec. 25, 1999 - Mar. 4, 2012