Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Off topic forum

Old August 27th, 2004, 01:36 PM
Senior Contributor

I guess my age is going to show now. Kate Bush, Mink Deville, Sex Pistols, PIL, Bryna Ferry (yummy) and Roxie Music, David Bowie, Louis Armstong, Gershwin, Sara McLaughlin, Ramones.. Can"t stand most of these boy bands and girl bands all packaging no talent Brittany Spears need I say more.
Old August 27th, 2004, 01:43 PM

Oh, Mastifflover - Louis Armstrong is a master, no denying that! Sara McLaughlin I enjoyed at the beginning, but now I feel that her songs are starting to "run together", and when they started "popifying" some of them - well YUK!
Old August 27th, 2004, 01:45 PM
~Cat Servent~

Talking

Anything! Everything! Huge Hip fan...seen them like 17 times now, the last one at the MOD Club in Toronto when they had that live radio broadcast for the new album....man did that friggin ROCK!!!!! (I think you can still watch the whole show at sympatico.ca) And I saw Harry for the Holidays last Christmas and met Harry Connick Jr. (also Leo from Will & Grace) and yes ladies I did make sure to hug him and oooooooh is he even better lookin up close and mmmmmm....smells good too!!! Funny thing is after the hug I was so flustered I forgot to wait for my hubby while he was meeting Harry!!!! I also have an afinity for Musicals.
And am a firm believer that the music makes a movie!

Oh and did I mention that I am stuck in the 80's???? LOL
DM, The Cure, Erasure, Pet Shop Boys, Cindy Lauper, all the one-hit-wonders, etc etc etc...

Heck, I even met my hubby when he came with a guy friend and I to Retro Night!!! (I still can't believe he even looked at me twice....I was wearing sequins and had big 80's hair!!!- of course might have been the corset! )
Old August 27th, 2004, 01:48 PM

Harry Connick! you lucky bugger! I love his sound too kinda like old blue eyes.
Old August 27th, 2004, 06:25 PM
Sammi

tee hee Mastiflover.................I actually have the 45 of PIL "the flowers of romance". Sadly I don't have turn table (which makes hubby happy, as he'd have to endure hours of music he's not too fond off
Old August 27th, 2004, 06:54 PM
Sadie's Chefomatic

Good Thread fun thread

Soul (new and old school), Hip Hop, R n B, Reggae mostly, some Rock. I listen to and play music that I feel. Playing guitar and singing gives me a musical outlet (betcha didn't know that about me huh huh )

We're a musical family, almost everyone has atleast one instrument or more.
Which makes family and friends gathering special, and lots of fun.
Old August 27th, 2004, 08:16 PM

hey Luba, I play guitar too, what kind acoustic or electric?
Old August 27th, 2004, 08:27 PM

[QUOTE=Luba]We're a musical family, almost everyone has atleast one instrument or more.[QUOTE]
So are we! Well, sort of. Dad was quite musical, and Mom could sing like an angel. The 3 boys got their musical instruments (1 plays guitar, one plays bass and the 3rd plays drums). They're all quite good - I believe the bass player actually won some accolades for the best bassist in Montreal or Quebec or something like that in his youth. Anyhow, the two girls didn't get instruments. We were too busy doing things like washing the dishes and making the beds (darn European values). It was probably for the best, though, because we were always daydreaming of forming our own little Partridge Family. Out brothers would have been forced to resort to violence if we ever learned to play an instrument or sing...
Old August 27th, 2004, 09:55 PM
Sadie's Chefomatic

Great to hear there's more music running through some blood out there

OIMDreams I play mostly acoustic but will play electric or electric acoustic as well. But my fav is still acoustic. How 'bout u?
Old August 27th, 2004, 10:06 PM
Senior Contributor

Neat thread......There are so many but old favorites include.... (in no particular order

Pink Floyd, Supertramp, Genesis, Chillowack, April Wine, Alice Cooper, Guess Who, The Who, Kiss, led Zepplin, The Wallflowers, and of course The Eagles Etc. Etc.

Love Techno Remixes (my son loves to find new ones for me a friend of his spins in Toronto)

And to drive in the car I love to listen to all classical music,

Love all the music in LOTR

Big fan of nature music especially rain and thunderstorms and water great to fall asleep to .

I have the ability to sit through country but don't play it or buy it myself Know all the older stuff it's all my parents listened to .....that and Big band Music and Lawrence welk *rolls eyes at memorys of past sundays*.....lol.

I also like alot of new stuff too many to list here Nickleback(sp?) singer *drool*

Always get dragged to the latest Venue to watch a friends heavy metal band next one is at The Horseshoe tavern not really my style feel like I'm gettin to old for this *chuckle* but you have to support your friends!

So ya .....You can pretty much take me anywhere....hehehe
Old August 27th, 2004, 10:49 PM

Luba I play acoustic the most but I will play the others like elec. or acous. elec... I also write my own music but only when Im alone, Im weird like that.
Old August 28th, 2004, 02:37 AM
banned user

PIL? Did you say PIL?????

*Cactus Flower bursts into....er...song*

"You never listen to a word that I'm sayin- you only see me for the clothes that I wear....."

*Windows crack, the dogs yelp and cover their ears*
Old August 28th, 2004, 08:45 AM
Senior Contributor

Ok girls and guys I know you are all heaps younger than me,I still have a double 78Lp's collection of Elvis the KING
Having had three sons(I still do!)who left all their casettes behind,I have hundreds of them,anything from Pink Floyd(the Wall),Ac/Dc,Kiss,Phil Collins,Elton John,Led Zeppeline,the Beatles,Rush etc,etc....too many to mention.
Personally I love just about anything except HIP-HOP can't stand it!!!!
I love Blues,Reggae,Salsa music,naturally Elvis,ABBA,when I drive longdistance I love to listen to classical stuff,soothing,does not make me want to dance while driving
I loved CATS the musical,always cry when I hear"Memories"from the show...about the old female cat nobody wants Growing up in the "hippie"era I am a great fan of "older"music,but I just love music period and HIP-HOP is NOT music to my ears
Old August 28th, 2004, 10:12 AM
Sammi

I sent you flowers....you wanted chocolates instead.........they were the flowers of romance...

B-day party...................Release the bats! Mr Clarinet Man. Love it
Old August 28th, 2004, 12:15 PM
banned user

My son and I were listening to Release the Bats just last night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Horror bat.........vampire.....BITE!"

Oh, give me just one opportunity to bite that man, and he'd be in trouble......
Old August 28th, 2004, 09:07 PM
Senior Contributor

Bless you Chico! At last sounds I can recognize! And Elvis ballads are my all-time favorites. Love Enya, Yanni, and Celine Dion. I know, I've dated myself!
Old August 28th, 2004, 09:48 PM

I like old school funk, disco things like that. Best concert i've ever seen: Tom Jones. No laughing until you've been there and then you'll know what I mean.

Dee
Old August 28th, 2004, 10:09 PM
~Cat Servent~

Oh and I love Vinyl!!! I have a working turntable....and an eight track player I fixed myself....of course it has been dismantled as it was in one of those big old wooden stereo pieces that was more like furniture....and now it is a cedar box for my mom.... LOL!

Ahhhh.... Chicago 17 on the old turntable....coolio!!!
Old August 29th, 2004, 08:23 AM
Senior Contributor

Awww,Glasslass,Elvis brings back sooo many memories,my mom also loved him"Love me tender,Are you lonesome tonight"beautiful songs,gets you all mushy inside..
Oh,and by the way....Clay Aikens singing"Solitaire"also has the same effect,he's one little cutie!!!
Tom Jones,Engelbert Humperdink,Julio Iglesias,KC and the Sunshine band,The Petshop boys,the BeeGees,The Eagles,BB King,CCR......in my lifetime there are just toooo many
Old August 29th, 2004, 04:47 PM
Senior Contributor

' i dont wanna be buried in a pet cemetery, i dont want to live my life again' oh mastiflover, the ramones, oh so dreamy, brings back all those excited teen angst feeling but that song often goes around, and around and around my head all day, at least it is agood one to be stuck on.
i love most of your music, what a tasteful bunch we are hey??

have many of you heard of the Pixies, fantastic stuff and true legends, we are hoping they may do a tour here in the future, i signed a petition that was sent to the bands managers asking for a tour, and showing all those signatures hopefully showed they had a following and will come here, oh i wish.
Old August 29th, 2004, 06:23 PM
banned user

Love the Ramones! "The KKK took my baby away......" Great sense of humor.

And the Pixies- also very good. "Winterlong", Neil Young cover- they did an excellent job on that one.
Old August 30th, 2004, 01:03 AM

As well as Floyd its REM and Queen,The Stranglers also most blues stuff,Crikey the list is endless!
Old August 30th, 2004, 11:31 AM
Sammi

Marillion -Script for a Jesters tear ..........Love it
Pulp, Carter the unstopable sex machine (USM), Rammstein, Joy Division, Jesus and Marychain, Wonderstuff, I could go on...............have about 530 cd's
Old August 30th, 2004, 12:03 PM
Senior Contributor

Cant believe i almost forgot Queensryche...
Old August 30th, 2004, 04:38 PM
Senior Contributor

hey there is a new band out called 'dogs die in hot cars'. i think it is an aussie band but im not 100% on that. great name though, not only is it a creative band name, it is a good advertisment and reminder for dog owners, and over hear spring is coming so the band timed their release well
Old August 30th, 2004, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heidiho
Cant believe i almost forgot Queensryche...
ahhhhh silent lucidety...
Old August 30th, 2004, 05:08 PM
Senior Contributor

All there songs are great,operation mindcrime..
Old August 30th, 2004, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by melanie
hey there is a new band out called 'dogs die in hot cars'. i think it is an aussie band but im not 100% on that. great name though, not only is it a creative band name, it is a good advertisment and reminder for dog owners, and over hear spring is coming so the band timed their release well
Excellent name! Hey, Luba! As the resident Pets.ca musician, maybe you could put together a band and call it "Taking Down the Mills"
Old September 7th, 2004, 08:14 AM
Senior Contributor

Good one!!!...........hey Luba what sort of music do you play.......I just love accoustic guitar we used to have parties every weekend when I was married (many moons ago like....22 years ago)....and at about 12 midnight when we had to turn the music down the guys brought out the guitars and we all sang along.....alot of Neil Young, Harry Chappin, eagles etc.......Love the Guitar wish I could play better never had the patience for the bar chord so I love any song with C,G,E,A,D,F all the easy chords I like to play Led Zepplin.....the song?....If mountains crumble to the sea.....there would still be..... you and me? I know the words and chords better after a few cocktails......lol