Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Closed Thread

Old January 4th, 2010, 02:23 PM
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion

omg guys let it go,,i posted the way i posted, you posted the way you posted..I don't know Brenda or her pins. I posted what i thought as did you...

Kayla i'm glad to here the kitty is doing well and i agree with Frenchy please keep us posted. oh and a name.
Old January 4th, 2010, 02:47 PM

Thanks guys! I am calling her Miniki for now. Still don't know if it will stick, but I haven't had time to look up names. If anyone has any suggestions feel free! Maybe I will start a new thread for that though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love4himies View Post
The bleeding from the vagina could have been serious. I don't know of any vet who will diagnose what could be a very serious condition over the phone.

There is a sticky that I have posted a link to that states: if your pet is bleeding take it to a vet, period.
Who made a diagnosis over the phone? I was told to bring her in Monday for that (which I did). It was not an emergency since Miniki was eating, playing, and comfortable. My vet was right. I will tell her about your sticky though, since it apparently has more merit than her years of experience and training!

Can we please stop all the accusations? I am tired of defending my vet, who I happen to know is vey good, and tired of defending my choice to take her advice!
Old January 4th, 2010, 03:25 PM
Catlover2

kayla, I followed this thread and think you did do everthing right. A cat that has a vaginal discharge that's serious would not be eating and playing and being happy. Thank you for being an and rescuing this sweet kitty. I like her name.
Old January 4th, 2010, 03:25 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Then why did you post . Just call your vet.

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old January 4th, 2010, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love4himies View Post
Then why did you post . Just call your vet.
Yup, already said as much. I was waiting till I got home but I see now I should have done that first instead of posting here. Wish I had. I was tired and stuck in a car and not really thinking straight and feeling alarmed and helpless and I made a mistake and posted my concerns. I understand how some people got riled up at first, not sure why they stayed riled up after explaining I had contacted and was taking advice from my vet and the cat was doing well. Anyways what's done is done. Everything worked out for the best and Miniki is healthy and happy and I'm now able to start introducing her to my household. No hard feelings on my end, just tired of repeating myself.

Thanks catlover2. I'm not 100% sure on the name Miniki yet, but it's growing on me!
Old January 4th, 2010, 04:23 PM
Senior Contributor

just my 2 cents!! but i say we close this thread! and super news the kitty is on the mend and found a wounderful home great news melissa, from the pins and i
Old January 4th, 2010, 04:38 PM

Quote:
just my 2 cents!! but i say we close this thread!
Agreed!
Old January 4th, 2010, 04:59 PM
Geek Club CEO

I think you did a great job with the little stray, kayla.
Jaida - GSD - tripod trainwreck and gentle soul (4)
Heidi - mugsly Boston Terrier X - she is in BIG trouble!!! (3)
Audrey - torbie - sweet as pie (11 months)
Patrick - blue - a little turd (but we like him anyways) (6 months)
Old January 4th, 2010, 06:12 PM
I'm a softy

Kayla, you asked questions asking for opinions, i gave mine, based on information we now know to be wrong. If you explained it to us that way, and possibly that way to the vet, how can the greatest vet in the world diagnose over the phone?

I dont get how you can possibly be insulted by some amazing experienced cat rescuers telling you to go to the vet.

The rules state to go to the vet and not look for internet info, period, if this was a new member everyone would have slammed her, i have seen it, at least we were pretty nice, unless you think saying go to the vet is rude. . .

Never once did i claim to know more than your vet, and i am getting sick of hearing that. The conditions you described do say emergency, yes that was wrong info, but i am not psychic.

Eating and playing mean nothing, if a 4 lb cat was in labour, bleeding, stressed, aborting, lethargic for days, it could die in minutes, and i am not kidding. You asked for my opinion, and it is go to the vet, i still feel that way, period.
Adoptee Prada crazy dog extrodinaire
Tickles Tortie cat the owns my daughter
Old January 4th, 2010, 06:56 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Well said LML.
Y'know, in the end all we ever wanted to do was to help a cat we thought was in serious trouble. I am very glad she seems not to be.
I will now leave this thread alone.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old January 4th, 2010, 08:02 PM
Owned by goldens

Bleeding stray cat

I am happy to hear that Miniki is okay. I have been following the thread but because I know so little about cats didn't have anything to offer.
Thank you for taking in this cat and giving her a home. If you hadn't taken her in she may have ended up spending the winter outdoors or being hit by a car.
Old January 4th, 2010, 08:34 PM
Senior Contributor

i agree, and on a good note lets close the thread!!! and wish the best for kitty and melissa, and hope she will keep us posted with new pic.. and updates !!hugs brenda and the pins
Old January 4th, 2010, 08:50 PM

Topic closed, please do not revisit in any other threads.