Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 4th, 2012, 03:38 AM
Willing cat servant

The Great Bobandy Update

First of all you might be wondering... Who's this Bobandy she speaks of?
Well Bobandy is the black cat I found recently on 08/24/12
And this is an update.
Still no signs of any owner but let's talk about Bobandy himself.
Well... As I commented in another thread this little guy perspires sweetness. He likes to jump on your lap and cuddle, likes to lean his head in that part between your arm and shoulder if you're watching TV on a couch.

We bought a toy mouse for Bobandy... I've never seen a cat enjoying a toy so much (and Scully and Mulder enjoy theirs) he plays with it every day.
Now he has a red collar to make contrast with his soft and glossy black fur and a tag with the name Bobandy and our phone number in case of emergency.
He uses the litter, no problem whatsoever with him going outside or spraying in places where he's not supposed to.
He likes to steal food though, from the kitchen's cabinets (yup he can open the doors) and he also digs in the garbage. If I don't take out a bag right away he'll try to claw and dig into it which some times makes me think he was a stray (not a rule though)

The most interesting part is his relationship with Scully and Mulder. Right now the 2 girls are in a stand of: OK We'll tolerate you as long as you don't try to get too mellow or playful with us.
Mulder follows him around with curiosity. Scully hisses only if he gets too close however all of them have nose greeted a few times without any incident.
If my girls are cranky he lowers his head and puts it in the floor acknowledging their rank and lying on his side. Like "Hey! You're the boss Missy, no need to worry about me". Bobandy is sweet, non aggressive with them at all. They all lay down in the same room in their own spot, relaxing and it's very peaceful even to watch.

So far he has his own litter box, his own plate for food and water. I didn't test him for FeLV but it's not like their grooming each other and he has no signs of being a fighting cat AT ALL and he's a young cat. I know you can never be sure but... I just pray that I'm making the right decision here.
We plan on neutering him and getting his shots just one thing at a time because we kind of have to have things planned because of the tight budget.

I am in love and I know the plan was to either find his owners in which case if I find them there is no way around it I have to return him or find a good home but it'd break my heart not knowing if the home is REALLY good, responsible, caring. I want him to be a little furry king, beloved and happy other way I might as well keep him. We said 2 cats and 2 cats only. And of course open to help in any way we can but now...

What should I do :S I really wub my Bobandy and my wub for my fur babies never never fades.

I even made a video (but that was before getting his collar and tag :P ) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPX6JaeAlm8

Last edited by Koteburo; September 4th, 2012 at 07:09 AM.