Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old February 8th, 2007, 06:04 PM

Unhappy I Am In Need Desperate Need!

I am in need of some temporary housing in the Los Angeles area for my two Rat Terriers until I get my medical situation taken care of. My family won't help me. They told me to get rid of them. But I can't because I love my dogs like my children. If any body out there can help me to help find my dogs a place until I get my medical situation taken care of I would be more than greatful! My dogs are 15lbs a piece and they are neutered, vaccinated and microchipped and very affectionate.

Last edited by detrna; February 8th, 2007 at 06:11 PM.
Old February 8th, 2007, 06:26 PM
Senior Contributor

You have no friends and no boarding place that you could use??
Old February 8th, 2007, 06:29 PM
-

I'm sorry to hear of your dilemma. I don't live anywhere near you but wish you luck. You could board them or hire a pet sitter to come to your home. Again, good luck.
Old February 8th, 2007, 07:08 PM

Thumbs up

No, I have to go out of state for medical treatment.
Comment: You do not know how hard it is to find somebody to take care of your pet temporarly when you have a hardship. No body wants to deal with animals and the ones that love animals generally can't take anymore in unless they live out in the country.

I guess I shouldn't be suprised. We are a throw away nation. People even throw away their kids when they are to much trouble.

Anyway, what a great business opportunity for pet loving people . Helping people keep their pets that are going through difficult times. There are tons of rescues out there but people haven't fiqured out that maybe this business idea would help people from giving up their pets and rescues could concentrate on more on abused and unwanted animals.
Old February 8th, 2007, 07:16 PM
Senior Contributor

I dont understand why you cant board you didnt say,i used to live in phoenix and worked at kennel care in chandler they are awesome there..
Old February 8th, 2007, 07:33 PM
-

I know you said you have to go out of state but you could leave your pets at a boarding facility at home. Heidiho suggested a place in Phoenix for you.
Old February 17th, 2007, 10:01 PM

Have you tried contacting any rescue organizations for your breed. Sometimes you are able to find a foster home through them for them while you are in a time of need.
I dont have any contacts in California but you may want to google it and see if there are any local ones you can go and check out.
Animal lovers are usually a compassionate. Good luck
bullidog
Old February 18th, 2007, 12:07 AM
Senior Contributor

I think the fostering idea sounds great!! And Heidho's idea is a good one as well. If you cannot afford it, a rescue might have a volunteer who would foster them - with food and a little money (You can't expect ppl to care for your pets for free for a long period of time, I mean in terms of food et al unless they have extraordinary resources and are able to do so).

Are there no relatives or friends who could even take them for the time you are going to be away. There are very few medical issues these days that will take you away for a very long period of time - rehab maybe, I mean like ortho rehab can take time. And some boarding kennels have rates for ppl who will be away and have sliding scales for fees. We have a cat vet here who takes in cats and they help ppl all the time who are ill - not always for free but often for cost which actually means they are paying for it.

There are many ppl who have thought of this as a biz opportunity - this is a growing biz in my area and in parts of the US I have been in as well. There must be some place in LA - it is a large area!! Contact a rescue for your breed of dog, I would bet they can help you in some way even if it with a contact.

Don't despair or give up. There are many good people out here!! (Judging from this board, lots of ppl who help ppl in situations with their animals!)

Good luck!
Old February 18th, 2007, 11:15 AM
Senior Contributor

I was going to suggest a rescue as well, there are probably a few small dog rescues around who might have an individual willing to care for your pups in home.
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." - Unknown