Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > On topic - Pet chat, opinions, feelings and rants

Old June 11th, 2007, 05:35 PM

Angry kitten thrown away by road side

I found a kitten today while I was out for my walk. I wouldn't have even known that she was there except that she meowed. Someone had taken her and put her inside of a paper bag and dropped her off by the side of the road! How could someone do that to her!! She would have died because they had tied the bag shut with some yarn she would never have been able to get out of that before it got hot out. (The temperature was 86 degrees today)
I took her to see my emergency vet this after noon she is doing good, they had to give her fluids because she was dehydrated but she quickly pirked up. I just can't believe that someone would be so mean as to leave this little baby like this. It just makes me so very mad
I think I am giong to keep her because she is so cute. She is all white except for the tips of her paws they are black. I haven't picked out a name yet either. Any suggestions?
Old June 11th, 2007, 05:55 PM
Senior Contributor

it may seem cliche but you could always name her lucky!!!

your an angle thank you for saving her

people in this world are revolting
Logan - Rescued Husky cross
Aiden- Rescued husky cross
Old June 11th, 2007, 06:06 PM

Smile

Thanks. Maybe I will call her Lucky sure would fit her. I just wish I could catch the creep(s) that did this to her. I would love to put them in a bag and tie it closed.
Old June 11th, 2007, 06:27 PM

People suck. That little kitty is so lucky you came along when you did! So "Lucky" would certainly be a fitting name! How old is she?
Old June 11th, 2007, 08:00 PM
Senior Contributor

Oh, that is so sad!!! :sad: But WOW, what perfect timing that you came along when you did. THANK YOU for saving her!!! Names....hmmm, Lucky, Chance (as in Second Chance), Lazarus, Evil Kenievl (since he defied death, LOL), Hope, Lady (for lady luck), Kismet...hmm, that's all I got. Not very good with names, LOL! But anyway, congratulations on your new baby!!!
Old June 11th, 2007, 08:05 PM
Senior Contributor

I just wanted to give you a ! I hope you post pics as soon as you can so we can all see the little lucky one!
Old June 11th, 2007, 08:26 PM
-

I hope you will be able to post pics , thank you for saving her. And yes , some people really suck. I would call her Blanche (french for white) but it may be hard to pronounce in english !
Old June 11th, 2007, 09:36 PM
Senior Contributor

Thank you for saving that little baby!!!

Diane
Old June 11th, 2007, 09:50 PM
Senior Contributor

I am so glad someone like you who cared enough to look after her found her!!! Thank you for being there for this baby and for wanting to adopt her - you are her !!!

I don't blame you for being angry - I am furious just reading about this poor girl's situation - tho it looks up now that she has found you and it may be fate! So many of the names proposed are excellent - I wish I could think of more. It's been a long day - Hope is a good one, and maybe I'll give away my religious background - tho I do come from a family that is Jewish and Roman Catholic so I am reminded of the Acts of Faith, Hope and Charity.

I do know that kittens are said to respond to double vowels the best - like Rocky or Honey or YY (one of my Meezers) but you should pick something that is her personality and some times you will know that by playing and being with her. Still, she is a survivor and a fighter - she did mew to attract your attention so she was not giving up - so I am thinking something like Heidi - after the little girl in the mountains who fought to stay with her grandfather, Annie in honour Anne Frank or even Tara in honour of one of the victims of the Swiss Air Disaster not far form where I live in Nova Scotia. (I actually live in the city but we have a summer place closer to where that disaster occurred and I have come to know some of the families from helping some of the them at the time. Tara F. was 16, from Connecticut and was bravely leaving by herself to study in Europe. Her name is not on the memorial at Peggy's Cove to the victims. (There are a few more due to family reasons not listed either.) I guess I have come to know her mom quite well and keep thinking - my next cat will be named in honour of Tara! Another young woman who died was named Stephenie and her father, a scientist at Cern in Switzerland, could not believe how friendly and caring the people of Nova Scotia were and he thus moved here - well to West Dover actually and opened a restaurant and you could always name your little survivor Stephie.

Can you tell I have been speaking to Tara's mom and Mr. Shaw today (Stephenie's dad) today.

But seriously, this cat needs a name that signifies courage.

These are my notions - I am sure you have many of your own personal experiences to assist you in the naming process! Good luck and I hope you enjoy and oth have a wonderful life together!!!
Old June 11th, 2007, 10:02 PM
Senior Contributor

I am thinking Dipper...cause her paws look like they were dipped in ink...
Old June 12th, 2007, 01:37 AM
-

Yes, some people definitely suck :sad: but, thank goodness you came along at the right time.

Looking forward to pics of your new baby and as far as names go, I like Smiley's suggestion of Kismet.
Old June 13th, 2007, 09:50 AM

Thank you so much for saving that sweet baby. People make me sick!
I don't know why, but I'm thinking "Chase" is a good name for her. It's a good, strong name and it's unique for a girl. Have fun with your new baby!
~M~

I looked at all the caged animals in the shelter...the cast-offs of human society. I saw in their eyes love and hope, fear and dread, sadness and betrayal. And I was angry. "God," I said, "this is terrible! Why don't you do something?" God was silent for a moment and then He spoke softly. "I have done something," He replied, "I created you." -The Animal's Savior, Copyright Jim Willis 1999
Old June 13th, 2007, 07:22 PM

good name for your new kitten lucky fits her

that really makes me mad just i totally agree with you on putting who ever did this to the kitty in a bag and tieing it up to see if they like it thats one thing i can't stand,if you cant afford to take care of an animal there are places people can take their pets to instead if trying to kill them.
Old June 13th, 2007, 09:59 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

I think you should name her Anna. No reason...I just like the name. (what can I say? hazel is really bad at picking out names! )

Congratulations on your new addition and welcome to the board! Like everyone else, I sure wouldn't mind seeing some pictures!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."