Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Pet photography > Pet photography - Pet pictures

Old July 24th, 2011, 03:59 AM
Senior Contributor

Men and their dogs

Just thought it'd be nice to show some mutual love between the guys and their dogs in the past few days here. First Bo getting kissy face with Ian, then my brother-in-law, Tony, with Sparkle(tricolour, aka black one) and Cindy.
Attached Images

Last edited by Goldfields; July 24th, 2011 at 11:09 AM.
Old July 24th, 2011, 04:13 AM
Senior Contributor

Of course she-who-holds-the-clicker, my sister Barbara, captures the most attention.
The last photo, of Susie sitting with her right foot just off the ground is a result of Barbara not being fast enough the first ever time she used the clicker in a sit exercise. She clicked it just as Susie raised her foot, and now Susie does that every time. It's so cute seeing that little foot come up.
Attached Images

Old July 24th, 2011, 11:37 AM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Cute pics, GF! I love kissie-face and lap dog shots!

That's funny about Susie raising her foot! Macie, although very good at hand signals, doesn't remember the meaning of what I'm asking most of the time, so when we're practicing verbal commands with the clicker, she just runs through her repertoire till she hits the right one. Once she's re-established the connection between word and action, she's good for the day--but next day she's got to figure it out anew. Or else she just likes to show off all the things she's learned and runs through her repertoire for that reason.

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old July 24th, 2011, 08:09 PM
Senior Contributor

I'm sure that Barb's shelties offer up exercises in the hope they'll get a reward too, Hazel, , as long as they having fun, what the heck.That Susie is the funniest girl. She picks up pens if anyone drops one, for a reward of course. So..... if Tony picks her up she immediately looks in his shirt pocket for a pen. She has been found up on the kitchen table searching for a pen, and of course I was fascinating once I picked up a pen to write something. LOL. She was willing me to drop it. It came about when Barb was teaching her about picking up scent discrimination articles for obedience. I think she must have rewarded her for picking up a pen.
Old July 24th, 2011, 08:36 PM

Beautiful shelties, Goldfields, makes me really miss one. Nothing better than a sheltie kiss.
Old July 24th, 2011, 08:59 PM
Senior Contributor

They're dear little things, and so loving. Sadly I may be about to lose one, if her problem is renal failure. It's my favorite little darling, closest to the camera in the photo's of Barb, her name is Silk. She'd become incontinent, not a great worry in a 12 1/2 year old speyed bitch, but of late started drinking more than usual, then went off her food, but was running a slight temp. over the weekend, and I don't know if that is indicative of kidney failure or not. My sister has lost a Sheltie to renal failure and said it had never had a temp.. Anyway, she has an appointment with the vet this afternoon, so fingers crossed for her.
Old July 24th, 2011, 09:09 PM
You can call me DOG!

All the best for Silk today, GF.

Great manly shots.

Rest in Peace Bailey: 12/10/95-1/9/09 (Golden Retriever)
Rest in Peace Kitty: 7/1/2000 - 10/7/2013
Rest in Peace Gryphon (sounds like Griffin): 10/15/2004 - 11/18/2017 (English Springer Spaniel)
Bella: 3/09/2005 LHD Cat adopted by/from Child
Mollie: 6/2/2009 (English Setter)
Old July 24th, 2011, 09:12 PM
Senior Contributor

Thanks, Dee-O-Gee, I think she might need all the luck she can get. I'd best get offline now and exercise the others, then get ready to go.
Old July 24th, 2011, 09:42 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Keep us posted on the vet visit, GF!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old July 25th, 2011, 11:16 AM
Senior Contributor

The diagnosis was pancreatitis, Hazel, so she is at the clinic on a drip. I'll know more in the morning.
Old July 25th, 2011, 11:20 AM
The Pack's Head Servant

Oh, no. Hope she pulls through okay!

Old July 25th, 2011, 11:26 AM
Senior Contributor

Not the best diagnosis, although maybe it's a good thing she hadn't got to the vomiting stage. But what do I know? I've never had to deal with it before. I must get to bed, don't know if I will sleep though.
Old July 26th, 2011, 10:50 AM
Senior Contributor

GF, I hope Silk is doing well today. You are your pups are in my thoughts and prayers. What lovely pictures these are. I just adore shelties. One day perhaps I'll have one too, you never know.
Old July 26th, 2011, 10:57 AM
The Pack's Head Servant

you caught it early enough for a swift and complete recovery, GF! Does she seem any better since she started the meds?

Old July 26th, 2011, 04:43 PM
Senior Contributor

GF,I am sorry about Silk,hopefully she'll pull through,Shelties are such wonderful gentle little dogs,love them.
Old July 26th, 2011, 07:56 PM
Senior Contributor

She's as bright as a button, I'm happy to say. On 4 small feeds a day for a couple of days, and a course of Noroclav, plus the fluids and injections at the clinic of course. I'd actually started her on antibiotics myself over the weekend, so she got a bit of a head start before seeing the vet, Hazel. Her creatinine level was only half that of my sister's sheltie's score when Misty was diagnosed with renal failure, so for an old girl Silk's going along fairly well. She was sooo happy to get home. Not to see me(I still might leave her there), not to get into the car(I might take her to another vet), but overjoyed to get inside here where she felt safe and could see her mates. LOL.
Shelties are so loving and gentle, Chico2, that I think I'd even be silly enough to forgive all the barking and get another one. They haven't deafened me yet , try as they might.
Old July 26th, 2011, 09:25 PM

Glad to hear shes improving, she sounds like a tough old girl. I think most Shelties are.