Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Lost & Found (Pls include a pic if possible & write location in TITLE)

Old October 8th, 2007, 03:40 PM
Senior Contributor

Shirley,SIL and Tara I feel so sad for you and your missing pups,but still hope one day we will have some good news.
They cannot just vanish,someone out there knows where they are,or what happened to them..
Old October 26th, 2007, 07:56 AM

Hi...Unfortunately there is nothing new on Billie...she still seems to have fallen off the face of the earth. Just thought I'd post another picture of our sweet girl.....
Attached Images

Old October 27th, 2007, 11:12 PM

aw, so cute
I know how you feel still. And I find it frustrating to think..whoever stole our dogs probably isn't even far. THey just don't want to give them back.

I'm lonlier than ever. I won't ever give up looking for my dog, but, I kind of..sort of, want to adopt another dog.
My dad said no. He says he wants to plant new bushes that can't be ruined and he doesnt like the fence in the backyard and if we get a new dog we can't take it down that's the worst excuse ever.

I'm going to buy an infestation of rats. Maybe that will change his mind. lol.
Old October 28th, 2007, 01:58 PM

Carly...I keep hoping that whoever has her...and Spencer and all the other 'lost' pets out there, starts feeling guilty about keeping someone else's pet and returns them. I have 3 kids that definitely keep me busy, but I'm lonely without her. Billie used to cuddle with me in bed every night and steal my blankets Billie's breed of dog, the Manchester Terrier, was used to catch rats in the old days so when you buy your rats, ask your dad for one to get rid of them
Old November 7th, 2007, 10:13 AM
-

Sil, saw you re-posted Billie on the THS site, she sure has a beautiful sheen to her fur. All of us are still keeping an eye out for her and hoping for the day you are re-united.
Old November 7th, 2007, 11:55 AM

hahahaahha. That's a good idea. (the rat comment). I should do that. aww, the poor rats.

Aw, she would steal your blankets. That's funny.
Old November 7th, 2007, 05:25 PM

Hi Chris21711...thanks for keeping your eyes out for Billie. Unfortunately with all the missing dogs out there her post was gone so I had to re-post her information. It's the 2nd time I've had to do that and will continue to do it until we find her. Maybe someone will read it and realize that she isn't a stray and/or unwanted animal but a loved member of our family.:sad:
Her coat is really shiny, we never did anything special to it. And, yes Carly, she did steal my blankets and kept me nice and warm...I miss that with the cold weather approaching.
Old November 18th, 2007, 06:01 PM

Hi...went to check the female doberman at the west shelter but unfortunately it wasn't Billie. It was a long shot but thought I'd check it out. :sad:
Old November 22nd, 2007, 01:48 PM

Sil...I know this is a longshot, but while watching a television show last night, one of the guests said he lost his dog, and used techniques by a Pet Detective called "Sherlock Bones" (he found his pup). This detective is in California, but he has a book on his website you can download. I'm sure you must be doing everything you can though. I saw Billie's picture when I was at the Queen West Vet on Saturday with my daughter who has a 9 week old Manchester. When people asked what she was, I was able to point at Billie and say that's her grown up. I can't imagine how difficult this is for you and hope Billie comes home soon.
Old November 23rd, 2007, 08:47 AM

Arly, thanks for the information, I'll have to check out the book. I'm also glad to see that the vet still has a poster of Billie. Congrats to your daughter on her Manchester, they are a great breed and I'd recommend them to anybody. She'll have to get used to people asking her what it is, most think it's a doberman puppy or a min pin. I was tempted to buy Billie a t-shirt saying 'I'm a Manchester' just so we wouldn't have to repeat it so many times Did your daughter pick up her pup locally?
Thanks for looking out for Billie and again congrats.
Old November 25th, 2007, 08:30 AM

Hi Sil...You're right, on the way to the vet, Penny was referred to as a Min-Pin and also a Doberman. It was one of the reasons my daughter decided on a standard Manchester; because they resemble a Doberman, but not as big. Living in downtown Toronto, she wanted a dog that would make her feel safe. My daughter got her from Pinecrest in Bowmanville. It was a long wait to get her, because as you know, they're not common.
Old November 25th, 2007, 10:07 PM

Arly...there is a group in facebook for Manchester Terrier owners/lovers. Your daughter will be able to share pictures and talk to other owners from all over the world. Billie is also there, I was hoping that if someone saw a new Manchester in their block they would take notice... I know it's a long shot but we're still hoping to find our Billie
Old November 26th, 2007, 10:47 AM

Thanks for the info about Facebook Sil. I'll let my daughter know.
Old November 30th, 2007, 09:00 PM

Hey Sil, I don't have your dog. Sorry this hasn't been a good lead for you.

Last edited by jonnycatalyst; November 30th, 2007 at 09:53 PM.
Old December 24th, 2007, 10:54 AM

I just wanted to wish everybody a Merry Christmas and all the best for the New Year. Thanks for all your help during these last 7 months.
Carly, Shirley...you're in my thoughts. Billie..wherever you are I hope you know we love you and miss you very much Hope to see you soon little buddy...:sad::sad::sad:
Old December 24th, 2007, 10:31 PM

Merry Christmas, SIL
I'm still thinking about Billie and Sable too

Maybe a christmas will keep them warm tonight on this christmas eve
Old January 6th, 2008, 07:03 PM

Hi...I saw a listing in petfinder for a doberman pinscher mix that looks alot like Billie. Unfortunately it is for the SPCA in Erie County in Tonawanda N.Y. They do not have an email address at the shelter but I did manage to get the address of the volunteer coordinator and sent her a picture of Billie along with the tattoo number but haven't heard back from them. I was just wondering if there are any members from this forum that live in Tonawanda N.Y. and might be able to help me get in touch with them. It's a long shot but I don't want to take any chances. Here's the listing they have
http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/...?petid=9909631
If I call them from Toronto they might think I'm going
Old January 7th, 2008, 08:36 AM
Senior Contributor

Well SIL,stranger things have happend,someone travelling might have found her and brought her across the border
Old January 7th, 2008, 10:11 AM

I called and they said she was surrendered by her owner and has no tattoo so once again...it isn't Billie I wish I could go there and see her personally though, I think that would definitely put my mind at ease
Old January 7th, 2008, 10:27 AM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

Why not take the drive SIL...stranger things have happened ...was Billie microchipped? if you feel strongly you just never know...I have heard of tattos fading?

Cindy
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

"UNTIL ONE HAS LOVED AN ANIMAL, PART OF THEIR SOUL REMAINS UNAWAKENED"
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
-Unknown
Old January 7th, 2008, 01:00 PM

Hi Winston...I'm trying to make some arrangements to take a drive over there. I have 3 little kids though and with them in school it isn't very easy...my hubby on the other hand
Unfortunately Billie wasn't microchipped.
Old January 7th, 2008, 04:21 PM
Senior Contributor

SIL,maybe they just did not see the tatoo,too busy to look carefully.
Someone could have taken her and then dumped her at the Aspca.
It's quiet a drive,I wish you all the luck in the world,if you or hubby manage to get there somehow
Old January 9th, 2008, 09:51 PM

Hi...unfortunately I just did a check on petfinders again and the doberman mix (Dixie) is no longer on the SPCA website :sad: I wouldn't have had a chance to get out there until Saturday and my computer has been down all day so I can't find out if I have any emails waiting for me. It probably wasn't Billie...I asked a couple of people and they thought the dog in the picture had a bigger jaw/muzzle/head.
Old January 10th, 2008, 08:29 AM
Senior Contributor

SIL I just looked at her pic again,she is such a beautiful girl:sad:
Old January 10th, 2008, 09:26 AM
Missing My Bubba Bear

sil, i'm so sorry.

Keep looking but take comfort that no news is sometimes good news. She probably has been taken in by another family and lives happily. It's really sad for you, i know, but that's what I would want to believe.

:sad:
Old January 10th, 2008, 10:07 AM
-

Sil, I was reading the Dogs in Canada Annual and looking up on Manchester Terriers and they mention one of the most famous :
Quote: "The breed was respected for its prowness in the rat pit and one dog 'Billy' is reported to have dispatched 100 rats to that great cheese tray in the sky in just 6mins. 13secs." Is that where you got her name from?
Old January 10th, 2008, 10:09 AM

Hi amatazes...I know that I should be happy that she hasn't been picked up as 'road kill' and is probably being loved by another family but that also makes me mad. How can someone keep something that isn't theirs...especially a loved pet?!?!?!:sad:
Old January 10th, 2008, 10:19 AM
Missing My Bubba Bear

I know, i know. it's awful. I would want to hit someone really hard until I caused them a lot of serious damage if I found out they took my baby away.:sad:

Have you tried contacting local radio stations? I sometimes hear announcements like that on our stations here in nyc.

So sad to be without your loved one.
Old January 10th, 2008, 01:24 PM
banned user

Sil..I am sorry to hear that you are not having any luck finding Bille...It is just so hard when you "don't know" and there is no closure.
You have to follow every lead...if not you will always wonder "what iff"
(as if we don't have enough of them already) I too believe someone has Sable and I know they don't realize it but if they would only just call and say I've got them and don't worry....but of course that is not going to happen.
I did read a story in Florida the other day that a dog who was stolen was returned after 5 years......so don't ever give up hope.
Old January 10th, 2008, 01:35 PM

Shirley, thanks for the encouragement. I received an email back from the Tonawanda SPCA and was told that the dog up for adoption (Dixie) was 2.5 years old and 79 lbs so it definitely wasn't Billie. Your inspirational search for Sable keeps me going.
Amatazes, I did send emails to one of our tv stations but didn't hear back from them. Carly had Spencer's story in a dog magazine and (I believe) a tv show but hasn't had any luck finding him.