Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Foster talk - Rescue talk - NO listings please

Old April 20th, 2005, 05:41 PM

Exclamation help is needed A.S.A.P

hi
my friend and i just rescued a male pure golden retriever who is around 3 yrs old. severely abused. He has major issues, when he is in a house he will try and find the smallest corner to crawl in, basically you have to tip toe around him or he goes into sever panic mode.

since we had him he was never put on a leash, his is walked all the time and enjoys the outdoors, but mind you he is scared of every noise that he hears, but when you get him into a park and off the lead he is bouncing and playing and having the time of his life.

The problem is we contacted a few rescues in regards to him because where he is at the moment is with 2 other dogs, and it is very hard for the woman to handle him plus her 2.

we need to find a rescue who would be willing to take him now and hopefully he can be worked with.

he loves children and gets all excited when he hears them plus he would benefit to go to a home with another dog.

he is not neutured

if any rescue would like to help it would be highly appreciated if u need more info please contact me.

thank you
Old April 20th, 2005, 05:52 PM

Golden

Hi, please ask this women to hold him for a bit and I will try to do my best and see if I can come up with a place where he can go. If the situation changes please let me know.

Thanks
Old April 20th, 2005, 06:40 PM
Teddy's Canine Railroad

contact golden rescue

Contact the golden rescue... I know one of the members is away right now but there are others on this board who should be able to help. One of them will come along shortly and post I'm sure. If not, I'll contact them privately. Just give a shout. Thanks.
Old April 20th, 2005, 06:46 PM

Someone from our group has already contacted the lady with the dog. We're in the process of trying to figure out when we can get him into rescue and get him neutered (it's raining dogs, all of a sudden and our fosters are full). Margaret (goldengirl) has changed her hotel reservation in order to accomodate bringing this dog with her and Valentin (she's working for 3 weeks in TO).

Lyne
Old April 20th, 2005, 06:53 PM

I am posting here because she is getting very attached to him and it is very hard to keep him with her 2, that is why i posted cause she needs him to be placed cause it will be very hard for him.

since she has had him now almost a week..if u seen him, he adores her, he is very smart and intelligent animal that has no security over himself. she doesn't want to make it hard on him since the last 2.5 yrs of abuse.

she mentioned that some people had contacted her, and she said to proceed to leave a message on here
Old April 20th, 2005, 06:59 PM

Allpets, I know you meant well. I just wanted to point out that we (Golden retriever rescue) are working on it. We just learned about this doggie this afternoon. I understand your concern, reading the email we received about this poor pup made me very sad... There are just a few things to organize: getting him into foster (Margaret is in TO until Saturday), getting him an appointment at the vet for his exam (apparently there might be something wrong with his legs), his vaccines and his neutering.

But, as I said, we are working on it

Lyne
Old April 20th, 2005, 10:17 PM

sorry for the inconvience

hi
i just wanted to make clear that i apolagise for any inconvience i volunteer for rescue,not as much as i can at the moment and i know how spare of the moment things can get . so please do not take me in any wrong way.. it was just that i heard from her today and the way it sounded was like nothing was moving i guess in her pace. so i told her about this site and we agreed that we would post.

we were thinking in the interest of the dog to get a family cause of the situation that he had for the last few yrs and yes it is taking alot on her dogs cause alot of the attention is going to him especially to her own but not as much as it was when it was just her 2.

we went to evaluate the dog for someone and when we got there and seen the condition we didn't hesitate to take him right away, it was so bad i had to carry him in the car.

and to her i guess she didn't expect to have him for this long.

i am calling her in the morning and i will show her what is on this site.

please except all apolagise for any inconvience if i upsetted anyone..

thank you
Old April 20th, 2005, 10:32 PM

You don't have to apologize. Nobody's upset at you. The people we are upset at are the ones who mistreated/neglected this dog for so long. You and your friend are part of the solution, not the problem.

For your info, there are 3 of us from Golden Rescue on this board (as far as I know): me, goldengirl and coppperbelle who is the one who called your friend today. She even mentions the poor dog in another thread:
http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=14232

Please tell your friend she did good by taking in this dog and by calling us. *hugs* all around.

Lyne

Last edited by mesaana; April 20th, 2005 at 10:35 PM.
Old April 21st, 2005, 04:27 PM
Owned by goldens

Golden needs help

Looks like another rescue contacted your friend and will be picking this guy up this evening. In the meantime I made an appoitnment to have him vet checked and neutered next week.
I have asked that the other rescue group contact me and see what we can work out. WE all want to do what is best for this poor guy.

Thanks for your concern. It really is raining goldens right now and it is hard to get everything coordinated. :sad:

Linda
Old April 22nd, 2005, 08:06 PM

Smile thank you

i would like to thank everyone for the advise, and any help.. i would like to thank Rosie's adoption agency for taking Rudy into their care.. we hope to get lots of updates on him and let everyone know.
thank you
Old April 25th, 2005, 10:10 AM
banned user

Is this golden going up for adoption? I know of someone looking this might be a great match.
Old April 25th, 2005, 07:43 PM
Owned by goldens

Golden

E-mail me and I will tell you which rescue organization has this dog. They will be able to tell you if it is available for adoption.
This dog has been through hell and back and may need some time to be socialized and evaluated so may not be up for adoption yet.
Old April 26th, 2005, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaana
You don't have to apologize. Nobody's upset at you. The people we are upset at are the ones who mistreated/neglected this dog for so long. You and your friend are part of the solution, not the problem.

For your info, there are 3 of us from Golden Rescue on this board (as far as I know): me, goldengirl and coppperbelle who is the one who called your friend today. She even mentions the poor dog in another thread:
http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=14232

Please tell your friend she did good by taking in this dog and by calling us. *hugs* all around.

Lyne

I am with Golden Rescue in Markham.
Old April 26th, 2005, 09:45 AM

My apologies, Goldenmom. I was just thinking about the Quebec Golden Retriever rescue group...

Lyne
Old April 26th, 2005, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaana
My apologies, Goldenmom. I was just thinking about the Quebec Golden Retriever rescue group...

Lyne

Oh no, don't apologize! I just wanted people to know that someone is from Canadian Golden Retriever Rescue here also. We are all here for the same reason!