Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old July 20th, 2009, 10:54 AM

Looking for a Loving Home for a Stray Kitty!!

Hey everyone,

I'm new on this website so I don't know if this is the right place for this post but I thought I would give it a shot. I've been feeding a really pretty grey long haired tabby for about 3-4 months, I've made mesures to make sure I have a little place for him to sleep and I've covered over where he eats. He's at least 4 yrs old and has really warmed up to me. I would take him in a heart beat but I'm at my max for Cats. When I first started to feed him he wouldn't even come close to me but now he lets me pet him, brush him,cut mats out of his hair and even put polysporin on his cuts. I really can't afford to take him to the vet as my job is very part time at the moment and I can barely feed myself. I really would love a home that can give him all the things he needs and I would love him to be an indoor cat. He will still need work as he's very shy and not use to all of this. If your a person that wants to give this sweet guy a loving home or even a rescue that can foster him til you can find him a home I'd be so happy. I live in Brantford Ontario but I'm willing to drive(not tremendously far) for the right home. Thank you so much!!!
Old July 20th, 2009, 10:57 AM

I don't want him to end up at the spca because I have never had a good feeling about them also they are really rude and they don't seem to care about the animals at all, well at the least the one in my town. I've had too many bad experiences with them
Old July 20th, 2009, 11:45 AM
Senior Contributor

Welcome to the forum and thank you for being his .

Though I am in Quebec and cannot really help from here - could you please let us know if he is sterilized? Also, if you can - please post a picture.

Best to you.
Old July 21st, 2009, 10:38 AM

I don't think he is sterilized, I wish I could afford to, I think he gets into too many fights as he has scabs on his head and scars on his nose. I'll get some pictures as soon as I can.
Old July 21st, 2009, 11:20 AM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

what about checking out the low cost spay and neuter clinic in newmarket? or maybe you could contact the spca and find out if they have a TNR program where they trap, neuter and release or something with some kind of funding.

i know the queensway animal hospital in somcoe is very reasonable for neuters! you could call them?

thankyou for caring!
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

"UNTIL ONE HAS LOVED AN ANIMAL, PART OF THEIR SOUL REMAINS UNAWAKENED"
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
-Unknown
Old July 21st, 2009, 09:24 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

What is your max for cats? If you are already feeding him then it wouldn't cost any more to have him indoors with you. Do you have a room where he could stay until you can get him health checked and neutered?

The low cost s/n program in TO that was mentioned is Spay Central
# is 905-898-6112. Cost is $50 for a cats, $60 for dogs, $10 for shots, $15 for microchipping.
There is also Toronto Cat Rescue. I am sure their fosters are filled but you might get lucky. They are a wonderful organization that works to s/n as many cats as possible and work on donations.

http://www.torontocatrescue.ca/store/index.asp

I am not sure if there are any rescues closer to you or not but maybe you can google and see? Also, phone your SPCA and ask if they know of any rescues in your area. You don't have to surrender the cat if you feel bad vibes. But if he is a stray he may be picked up by them too.
Old July 22nd, 2009, 08:28 AM

The number of cats you can have in Brantford are 3 and I've reached that. the recession has hit me so bad right now that I don't have any money to pay for him to be neutered, somedays if I don't have any clients(esthetican) I don't make a thing. and the SPCA here if they find out about him they will put him down like they do with all the other cats in there they do not have a catch and realease here. I just want to find a home for him so he can be loved and taken care of the way I can't give him. There are so many strays around here and I keep trying to find homes for all of them. If anyone knows of someone that would love a new sweet indoor kitty please let me know.
Old July 22nd, 2009, 10:17 AM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

You could give this organization a call. I know they are pretty big but it's worth a shot. They are based out of Brantford.

http://www.adoptapet.com/adoption_rescue/77899.html

Also, have you called around to all the vet offices? Some vets take in a few cats and try to adopt them out. They would also be aware of any rescues working in the area.