Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Pet photography > Pet photography - Pet pictures > Photo challenges on Pets.ca

Old September 1st, 2010, 09:16 AM
Half Way To Crazy

September 2010 photo challenge - DOs and DON'Ts

Hi members!

Anyone have any ideas for September's challenge?

We've done a similar theme in the past.....buuuuuut what about "dress up" as in dress up your pet. Just a thought.

Thx!

marko

How about making it a fun/difficult challenge...taking pics of pets while attempting to brush their teeth . It was Breeze and Hazel's idea....they're so original .

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckypenny View Post
It was Breeze and Hazel's idea....they're so original .
how did asking about toothpaste turn into an idea for the Sept challenge on brushing teeth??
your to funny LP

Nix the brushing idea--I tol' ya, LP, I tried it and it's really hard to get all that spittle off the lens!

how about

"HOW TO"/ "HOW NOT TO"

Sort of like DOs and DON'Ts? Hmmmm...that has possibilities...

Could apply to almost anything--dressing fashionably vs fashion faux pas; good manners vs. bad manners; cleanliness vs dogliness...urm, I mean dirtiness... ( Okay, I'll admit it...the Pack has been digging in the mire a lot lately...); good first impressions vs. bad attitudes. Hmmmm...

Zig's not feelin' well these days so toothbrushing is out for me...

But

Quote:
"HOW TO"/ "HOW NOT TO"
Great idea Breeze!

Please keep the ideas coming or support one of the ideas already posted. The theme with the most support in the next 24 hours becomes the theme of the month.

Thx! - Marko

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko View Post
Zig's not feelin' well these days

what's wrong with Zig??

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelrunpack View Post

Could apply to almost anything--dressing fashionably vs fashion faux pas; good manners vs. bad manners; cleanliness vs dogliness...urm, I mean dirtiness... ( Okay, I'll admit it...the Pack has been digging in the mire a lot lately...); good first impressions vs. bad attitudes. Hmmmm...

I like this, there is so many possibilities for doggie and kitty cats and others.

I vote for "DO's & DON'T's" unless we already did this??

I've seen alot of scratching lately with the summer heat. With mosquitos biting people and fleas annoying pets, what about some scratching shots with funny facial expressions?

The do's and don'ts sounds like fun.

Quote:

This also could be something like "Appearance vs. Reality." My daughter did a project once in school on this subject. Here's an example of what she submitted but I'm sure it would be cool to doctor up some pet photos too.

Appearance;
Name:  100_0132.1.JPG
Views: 485
Size:  54.4 KB

Reality;
Name:  100_0132.JPG
Views: 480
Size:  82.3 KB

Last edited by marko; September 2nd, 2010 at 09:19 AM.
Old September 2nd, 2010, 09:22 AM
Administrator - Pet lover

Ok everyone suggestion posts have been merged and the theme with the most support seems to be DO's and or Dont's. This is a wide open category so hope to get lotsa pix this month.

HRP explains what we are after very well.

Quote:
Could apply to almost anything--dressing fashionably vs fashion faux pas; good manners vs. bad manners; cleanliness vs dogliness...urm, I mean dirtiness... ( Okay, I'll admit it...the Pack has been digging in the mire a lot lately...); good first impressions vs. bad attitudes.
Ok then who will post first ?
Newcomers FAQ - How do I post on this BB?
Pet facebook group
Check out the Pet podcast
Follow me on Twitter
Old September 2nd, 2010, 06:07 PM
banned user

Do's & Don'ts

Do treat your dogName:  sept.1 rocqui icecream 004.jpg
Views: 469
Size:  196.6 KB

Don't treat if you don't have enough for everyone!Name:  sept.1 rocqui icecream 008.jpg
Views: 489
Size:  198.2 KB
Old September 3rd, 2010, 03:25 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Shirley!!!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old September 5th, 2010, 11:36 PM
Senior Contributor
Tetris Champion, Cell-Out Champion

Ok, hopefully I got this one right!

DO teach your kids cute tricks, like "high five" and bring their bowl to you!
Name:  002.jpg
Views: 449
Size:  53.6 KB
Attached Images

"Who can believe that there is no soul behind those luminous eyes!" ~ Theophile Gautier

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole" - Ok... whoever said this has never had a sick or special needs baby. They ARE our whole life!

R.I.P. my sweet, handsome Thorin. You are missed dearly Dec. 25, 1999 - Mar. 4, 2012

Last edited by Rgeurts; September 5th, 2010 at 11:41 PM.
Old September 5th, 2010, 11:40 PM
Senior Contributor

DON'T forget to teach them which bowl they should carry!!!
And please excuse the messy floor! With all the rain and hairy kids, it's hard to keep up with it
Attached Images

"Who can believe that there is no soul behind those luminous eyes!" ~ Theophile Gautier

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole" - Ok... whoever said this has never had a sick or special needs baby. They ARE our whole life!

R.I.P. my sweet, handsome Thorin. You are missed dearly Dec. 25, 1999 - Mar. 4, 2012
Old September 5th, 2010, 11:42 PM
Senior Contributor

Nookie monster just hasn't figured out which bowl he should carry, and which bowl he shouldn't. He actually learned from Thorin, not us!

I get frustrated, but I just can't get mad at him, he's so darn cute

Old September 6th, 2010, 03:22 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Nookie!!! What you doin', pupster!?! Water...food...6 of one, half dozen of another! LOL

I can see why you can't stay mad! And I always look at spilled water as an opportunity to mop up some of the grime I've been ignoring...

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old September 6th, 2010, 03:45 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Nookie!!! What you doin', pupster!?! Water...food...6 of one, half dozen of another! LOL

I can see why you can't stay mad! And I always look at spilled water as an opportunity to mop up some of the grime I've been ignoring...
LoL yes... and it happens at least twice a day!! I always wanted dark hardwood. HUGE mistake!! It shows every little pupper print and hair. I vacuum twice a day, but I only mop it at night. An hour after I mop, if it's during the day, it looks like I haven't done anything

Old September 6th, 2010, 03:47 PM
Senior Contributor

Shirley, those piccies are just TOO adorable!! You sure have beautiful babies

I had an Elkie many years ago, but someone poisoned him

They are such wonderfully loyal dogs

Old September 6th, 2010, 03:59 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rgeurts View Post
LoL yes... and it happens at least twice a day!! I always wanted dark hardwood. HUGE mistake!! It shows every little pupper print and hair. I vacuum twice a day, but I only mop it at night. An hour after I mop, if it's during the day, it looks like I haven't done anything
You can imagine how mine looks--8 dogs, I vacuum once a day and avoid mopping whenever I can! The dogs are good about getting their feet hosed off out on the deck before coming in, though, which helps.

That's terrible about your elkhound

Old September 11th, 2010, 07:03 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
You can imagine how mine looks--8 dogs, I vacuum once a day and avoid mopping whenever I can! The dogs are good about getting their feet hosed off out on the deck before coming in, though, which helps.
OMGoodness... I don't even want to think about cleaning up after that many

The 2 I have are hard enough to keep up with

Our deck is off the main floor (we have a walkout basement) so it's WAY off the ground and no stairs, more like a balcony. When they come in from the backyard it's just grass and clay mud, so its muddy lil pawprints!! We have a towel that we wipe them down with, but doesn't help a bunch

Old September 14th, 2010, 10:19 AM
Half Way To Crazy

DO try and teach your beasts not to stick their tongues out every time you take a picture of them

Name:  IMG_6279.JPG
Views: 357
Size:  67.2 KB
Old September 14th, 2010, 10:30 AM
banned user

Sweet! They are adorable..tongues and all!
Old September 14th, 2010, 11:45 AM
Half Way To Crazy

Don't let you beasts eat the toothbrush, while brushing their teeth even if they think it's a treat.

Name:  IMG_6219.JPG
Views: 324
Size:  49.3 KB

Name:  IMG_6249.JPG
Views: 317
Size:  38.8 KB
Old September 21st, 2010, 11:38 PM
Administrator - Pet lover

Oh these are just wonderful everyone!
Here's Mine: Do train your cat to give you the paw by bribing him with treats
Attached Images

Newcomers FAQ - How do I post on this BB?
Pet facebook group
Check out the Pet podcast
Follow me on Twitter
Old September 22nd, 2010, 02:16 PM
-

Great pics everyone .....sure brought lots of smiles to my face.

Especially with little Nanook .....that was so cute.
Old September 22nd, 2010, 02:22 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Awww sweet Nookie. Look how well he learns.
Love Bree! She is so beautiful!!
All the pics are so great!!

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old September 22nd, 2010, 02:33 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

If you are going to be in trouble for being on Daddy's chair DO make sure to bring a friend along.
Attached Images

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old September 23rd, 2010, 01:04 AM

Shirley - how could you not enough ice cream to go around The one who's left out does not look happy with you

Rgeurts - Nookie Monster (love the nickname too ) is just helping you wash the floor

Breeze - Bree & Archer certainly enjoy getting their teeth brushed

Marko - Ziggy looks very happy for his photo shoot this month were you too stingy with the treats that day?

14+ - Were Dart & TT(??) trying out for the circus? or cat agility classes?

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying
Old September 23rd, 2010, 07:37 AM
Senior Contributor

Breeze, love your pics!! Archer and Bree are such beautiful furries

Marko, Ziggy is a gorgeous kitty! He always poses so pretty!

14+, TT is such a beautiful kitty, but that Dart... he's too cute!!
I have always loved patchy colored kitties, especially the mostly gray ones. Reminds me of a kitty I had when I was little
That last pic of them doing a balancing act on top of the chair...

Old September 23rd, 2010, 02:19 PM
-

But the 14+ daddy loves his kitties and I'm sure he wouldn't mind sharing with them.

Cute pics of your circus performers, 14+
Old September 23rd, 2010, 04:01 PM
-

I have some I have some ! ( btw nice pics everyone !)

Don't : let the cat laugh at you because your bed is too small

Do : ask mommy to give you her old queen size mattress
Attached Images

Old September 23rd, 2010, 06:55 PM
Senior Contributor

OMGoodness Frenchy... that first picture is just priceless!!

Poor Churchill! That little, tiny kitty bed poking out from under him. That just really made me laugh, thank you

The second pic... He just looks so comfy
What a big, sweet boy he is!

Old September 23rd, 2010, 09:25 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by growler View Post
14+ - Were Dart & TT(??) trying out for the circus? or cat agility classes?
Yep, something like that. I swear TT was telling Dart to come join him up top.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rgeurts View Post
14+, TT is such a beautiful kitty, but that Dart... he's too cute!!
I will bet dollars to donuts that by the time Dart is fully grown he will be a lot bigger than his Uncle TT. Timmy is two years old now and finally managed to find 7 pounds. He is my special man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow View Post
But the 14+ daddy loves his kitties and I'm sure he wouldn't mind sharing with them.

Cute pics of your circus performers, 14+
The chair isn't exactly new. He's had it forever judging by the worn out arms. But it's his favourite for sitting at the comp in.

Nice pics of CH Frenchy!! You ca hardly make out that poor kitty pic in the first pic!!

Old September 23rd, 2010, 11:01 PM

Frenchy - Finally a bed fit for a Pyr

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying
Old September 24th, 2010, 01:35 PM
-

LOL, the pic of Churchill on the kitty bed is hilarious.

Glad he now has his own .....it fits him perfectly.
Old September 27th, 2010, 08:22 PM
You can call me DOG!

Don't let your strapping male dog wear pink berets

Name:  Gryphon with pink clip.jpg
Views: 288
Size:  4.6 KB

or a handkerchief!

Name:  101_1152.JPG
Views: 256
Size:  63.4 KB

Rest in Peace Bailey: 12/10/95-1/9/09 (Golden Retriever)
Rest in Peace Kitty: 7/1/2000 - 10/7/2013
Rest in Peace Gryphon (sounds like Griffin): 10/15/2004 - 11/18/2017 (English Springer Spaniel)
Bella: 3/09/2005 LHD Cat adopted by/from Child
Mollie: 6/2/2009 (English Setter)