Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Thank you - Heros big and small

Old April 4th, 2009, 01:02 PM
Senior Contributor

Thank you 14+

I just got the amazing stuff you sent me! What a wonderful surprise! LOL, the mailman was here and he had two packages. Not expecting anything, I was excited when I saw him holding out the small one. Then I signed and he gave me the big one.

You really shouldn't have. But the gesture is unbelievably appreciated! I love the beads and the scrapbook stuff. I've been thinking about scrapbooking some pictures of the gang. Once I get some pictures printed, I'm getting a book and I can use your lovely pages.

I'm giong to see if I can find some online knitting instruction. I'm sure I can find something online.

Thank you so much. You can't imagine how happy that package has made me feel. You are amazing.
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/
Old April 4th, 2009, 01:55 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Wow! That got there fast! They said 5 days but I didn't believe them.
It really isn't anything much. Just some stuff I had here except for the scrapbooking stuff. A lot of the yarn is just half rolls. I don't know if you took everything out but there is plastic canvas at the bottom of the box. I thought maybe that would be something you could work on and put down fast if the kitties wanted to play. I put a plastic canvas needle in the one envelope with the crochet hook. Even the fun foam is fun to work with. Wonder if that's why they call it fun foam?

I'm glad it brightened your day. Now get to work!!!
Old April 4th, 2009, 02:13 PM
Senior Contributor

Oh yeah, I took everything out. LOL. When I get stuff in the mail I look at everything.

Thanks again. I'm going to see if I can make something interesting with that canvas.
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

Old April 4th, 2009, 04:16 PM
Senior Contributor

Our kitty-angel working wonders again
Old April 4th, 2009, 04:46 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico2 View Post
Our kitty-angel working wonders again
"Kitty-angel", I love that name for her.

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old April 4th, 2009, 06:16 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

ancient - this site you can join for free and you can download lots of plastic canvas patterns.

http://www.freepatterns.com/list.htm...&source=022FRP

This one has free patterns for a few different crafts and gives you directions on how to bead, crochet, and cross stitch/plastic canvas.

http://www.craftdesigns4you.com/free.htm

Hopefully there will be something there that you can start with. Should give you enough to start with. If you want to try something and you can't find a pattern just ask. I may have the pattern here. I think I have a few hundred different ones.

And thank you chico and L4H for the kind words. You gals would have done the same if you had a virtual warehouse of craft supplies sitting in your closet going to waste.

Last edited by 14+kitties; April 4th, 2009 at 06:31 PM.
Old April 4th, 2009, 06:24 PM
Senior Contributor

How funny, I found that first site and bookmarked it earlier. LOL. But, I hadn't seen the second one. I bookmarked it so I can browse through it.

I'm bound to find quite a few interesting things on there.

Old April 4th, 2009, 06:30 PM
150% PRO S/N

It's a popular site. I belong to it but don't use it too often any more. Basically the only craft I have time for right now is my woodburning and I can only do that when the kitties are far away. The tool gets way too hot to trust around them. Some get as high as 900 degrees F. Scary!

I was at WM this afternoon with hubby. While he was looking for new shoes I went through the craft area. They had some nice looking scrapbooks and materials in there. Too bad I hadn't gone in before I sent you that stuff. Prices were good too.
Old April 4th, 2009, 06:48 PM
Senior Contributor

There's this wonderful place called Michael's, which is a craft store. They have some decent prices too. I'm going to have a look at their scrapbooks, because I'd really love to begin putting the gangs pictures in some scrapbooks.

I have a glue gun I found the other day, I'd forgotten I had. I contemplated what I could do with it, but then remembered the cats. That stuff gets hot too. I really do feel like I have little kids, because you have to be aware of everything you do around them.

Old April 4th, 2009, 06:58 PM
150% PRO S/N

We have Michael's up here too. But I find their prices on some things outrageous! Down there prices are a lot better. Not fair!!
I got a lot of my beads there though. My wood I use for my pictures is way too expensive in there but it was the only place I could find it until Meg told me about where he dad goes. Much better! Now I just have to get hubby to cut it for me. He will. I just have to remind him....... again......
Old April 4th, 2009, 07:05 PM
Senior Contributor

They have some stuff that's pretty up there too, but other things are pretty reasonable. And sometimes you get lucky with sales. I may go in tomorrow just to look and see what they have. I need to order some pictures online so I don't need to buy anything right away, at least not until I get photos.

My best friend works with a woman who does it as a hobby. A couple of years ago she did a scrapbook for her SIL's anniversary. OMG, I loved it. I never realized how much work and what neat things went into it. I've been thinking that I'd love to do something for the gang. Maybe start off with some kitten pictures and work my way up to now. It'll be fun.

I should ask my friend how much her co-worker charged her. It might be something interesting to do on the side.

Old April 4th, 2009, 07:15 PM
150% PRO S/N

See, there you go! Lots of ideas going on now!! That's great!!! I find crafting to be the best relaxer at the end of a busy day. Well, besides spending time with my little ones.
Can't wait to see some results of the ideas!!
Old April 4th, 2009, 07:17 PM
Senior Contributor

I'll post anything I wind up doing.

Old April 4th, 2009, 07:18 PM
Garden nut

Check your local dollar store. Ours carries pretty decent yarn, acrylic paint and other crafty stuff.

Sheets of plastic canvas usually runs like 4 for $1 in most places, the last time I bought some anyway.
Sandy Belle Sheeba - born 11/14/07 at 12:30 pm Linx Jasper
Old April 4th, 2009, 07:19 PM
Senior Contributor

I never thought about the dollar store. I'll have to see if there's one near me. I know there used to be one about half a mile down from where I live.

Old April 4th, 2009, 07:22 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love4himies View Post
"Kitty-angel", I love that name for her.
I do too.

It suits her to a tee .....she has done so many sweet & thoughtful things for alot of members here.
Old April 4th, 2009, 09:23 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Can't wait to see a scrapbook on the AG-5 soon! I'm sure if your crew knows they'll be in a book, they'll be more than happy to pose for some portraits

What a wonderful gift, 14+!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old April 5th, 2009, 07:01 AM
150% PRO S/N

Kitty angel? More like kitty devil. Thank you ladies. You are all too kind.
My dollar store has a great supply of acrylic paints. Not so much yarn at the moment. What they do have is that fancy new stuff that you make fuzzy scarves with. And plastic canvas is 2/1.00. They are the smaller sheets. They have quite a bit of scrapbooking items though. It's neat to go in and browse through. I can even walk away from it all now.
Old April 5th, 2009, 04:00 PM
Senior Contributor

yeah I agree w Kitty Angel title.

How thoughtful of you!!

AG- I look forward to your art

"No, Bunduk, Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!"