Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog food forum > Recipes for pets

Old August 28th, 2007, 02:48 AM

Dog and or Cat soup

Don't laugh
A beef bone or beef ribs in a large stock pot boil this add carrots that are cooked or grated and cook them until they are soft, don't ask me why but they like carrits a lot, add a couple tablespoons of olive oil add some roasted garlic for flavor not raw garlic, no salt please and you can add cooked hamburger crumbles if you like and boil this well I do it on the wood stove so it goes a long time, then cool it completely and then add Brewers yeast like three tablespoons and stir it up good serve this cold to both dogs and cats they lap it up like water and the olive oil helps them with their coat and with constipation my dog always has a very shiny coat so do my cats and they are extremely healthy.
I freeze this soup in the summer and feed it to my dog frozen for her popsicle it cools her off and she loves to lick it as it melts, Dogs get very hot and I had to give her a sheep watering tank since she knocked over every water bucket we ever gave her, she cannot knock over the sheep watering tank and now the littlew stinker climbs in it and splashes to cool off when it is hot in the winter when it freezes she climbs up on it and slides arund like as if she is trying to ice skate The dog used to be our sons dog but he left us the dog when he moved where he cannot have pets

Last edited by ellendar; August 28th, 2007 at 02:53 AM. Reason: spelling
Old August 28th, 2007, 07:43 AM
-

Sounds delish as a summer treat....for those trying this at home: remember to remove the bones before serving !