Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Introduce yourself here - Say hello

Old May 28th, 2011, 06:56 PM

Exclamation New. HELP

Hello, My name is Kendra and i am new to this site.
i joined to get answers and tools for help.

My boyfriend and i had 2 kittens but our 1st and pride and joy passed recently due to severe pneumonia. His name was Ollie and he was half Himalayan, we were there when he was born and are good friends with the owners of his mother, grandmother and sister. Ollie was not even a year old when he passed.

Now we have a stray that we saved named Apollo, he is a common American Short-hair and also very close to a year old (we aren't for sure). we have had him for almost a year, he was very small when we took him in.

My boyfriend and i have a problem though, Apollo is VERY frisky, he LOVES to attack our feet. It is actually very dangerous, he attacks at any time and has almost caused myself and my boyfriend's dad to fall down the stairs. Apollo has accidentally been stepped on a couple of times. We are desperate for a cure to the foot/calf biting. Apollo is getting big and his teeth are starting to really hurt and we have had no luck in getting him to stop.

Please let me know if you have any tips,
Thank you.[/FONT]
Old May 28th, 2011, 07:12 PM
Senior Contributor

Sounds like Apollo could benefit from some play therapy! He probably has a ton of energy to burn at his age, and needs a more structured outlet. Maybe if you set aside some regular "Apollo time" to help him get his ya-yas out, he'd be less inclined to take his exuberance out on you and your family members. There's a great article on this subject here: http://www.littlebigcat.com/health/play-therapy/

“We must not refuse to see with our eyes what they must endure with their bodies.” ~ Gretchen Wyler