Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Off topic forum > Recipes for humans

Old October 25th, 2005, 10:23 PM
Personal servant to Joey

Need help with a homemade recipe.

I am going to get together this friday and I need to bring an ouere dourve (sp)
I usually make a spinach dip or a cheese dip. This time I am trying something different.
I bought some chinese pastry (the same kind you make deep friend Wonton or deep fried gyoza.
Anyways does anyone have any suggestions for me. I have tried filling them with ground pork, garlic, grated carrot, and soya sauce, salt and pepper. then deep frying them and dipping them in plumb sauce. They arent bad, but I something else in them, to give them more of a kick any suggestions. Ginger maybe, onion.
I deep fry them for about a minute until they are golden coloured.
Also do you think it would be okay to freeze them for a few days. Then throw them in the oven when I get there.

Spay or neuter your girl or guy
Please dont let us multiply!
Old October 26th, 2005, 12:59 PM
Senior Contributor

Fresh finely slivered gingerroot and finely slivered green onion. Add some chopped water chestnuts for texture also. Sweet & sour sauce is also good and pretty if you put some sliced green onion on top to garnish.

For a really easy "Wow" dish (don't have a name for it), put a wheel of Brie into an attractive shallow baking dish. Top with a generous amount of chopped walnuts and brown sugar. Bake in a moderate oven until the Brie becomes bubbly and the nuts & brown sugar looks beautiful. Serve with sturdy crackers for scooping. Everyone always raves over it.

We need a drooler icon!
Old October 26th, 2005, 01:43 PM
Senior Contributor

I like Glasslass' suggestions. I would also consider adding some thinly sliced lemongrass with the ginger and green onion.

I'm also a huge fan of the brie, but like to mix the chopped nuts and brown sugar with a little bit of brandy before topping the brie.
Old October 26th, 2005, 01:48 PM
Teddy's Canine Railroad

K, I'm now starving.... I agree with the drool icon, lol

You can also use a few tbsp of Presidents Choice Tastes of Thai or Spicy Thai to kick it up a couple of notches as Emeril would say.

There peanut dipping sauce is also a good alternative to the plum sauce as is the Fiery Sauce.
Old October 26th, 2005, 05:54 PM
Personal servant to Joey

Thankyou all for your suggestions! Well my recipe has turned into deep fried Gyoza,sort of the ingredients are very similar but there still not too spicey. I went to the store and bought some ginger, more garlic, green onions and
Sh!take mushrooms. Those presidents sauces sound good. i was thinking of bringing a gyoza sauce with them and maybe a plum sauce. We have an M&M's here so I may check them for sauces as well. I should technically make my own sauce, but seeing as I've been working on these since yesterday afternoon that I could cheat a bit on the sauce.

Spay or neuter your girl or guy
Please dont let us multiply!
Old October 27th, 2005, 06:17 PM
Senior Contributor

What???? Pouring it from the bottle into a beautiful serving dish doesn't constitute "did it yourself?" The trick is how you say it!