Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old September 11th, 2014, 03:33 PM

SOS HELP Advise needed

I am in Florida, US but support a Non Profit Humane Society in Siberia, Russia.
No I will not be asking for money.
We need an advise how to save a dog's life. Someone threw a puppy from the fourth floor of apartment building (yes, I know!). The puppy has been picked same day by one of the society members and taken to local animal hospital. At the hospital they suggested that a dog has no chance and needs be euthanized. Another society member took a dog home rejecting to kill it.
The dog was named Lessy. It is a no-breed puppy that has so much life in her eyes. Lessy can not walk and only can briefly stand on her front legs. The spine is most likely damaged.
A week later dog started to be more active and eats well! We all think she has a chance. It could be a survivor.
They sent me pictures of a dog and X-Rays from Russia. I will try to attach them here.
Please, any advise welcome! What would you suggest to do and how to proceed with help for this dog.
Thank you so much!
Attached Images

Old September 12th, 2014, 10:15 AM
Administrator - Pet lover

Welcome to the forum Lessy.
This is a really hard situation and you have a huge heart.

All we can do on this forum is offer you advice on how to raise money (we don't allow fundraising on this board).

The article below lists huge sites that allow you to put together campaigns for charity. The only investment is your time.

I hope this can help and if I think of anything else I will post back for sure.

http://www.thefundraisingauthority.c...ur-non-profit/

Good luck
Newcomers FAQ - How do I post on this BB?
Pet facebook group
Check out the Pet podcast
Follow me on Twitter
Old September 12th, 2014, 03:48 PM

Thank you Marko for your suggestion. We already have a few people sponsoring this dog financially. I am here not to ask for money but to seek medical aid advise.
On a day one a veterinarian said this dog has no chance and needs to be euthanized. That's Russia
Here is a new picture taken a few days ago and a week after some woman took Lessy home. The dog is doing BETTER but still can not walk or stand on her back feet.
X-ray doesn't show any significant damage to the spine. The dog started to move her back feet attempting to walk. Veterinarian said there is "compression" in joints. What I am trying to do to gather as much information how to proceed with treatments as I can. We are blessed with advanced medical aid here in the West. They can't do much up there in Siberia, besides taking X-rays.
I personally sent some money to buy food and medicine for a dog. A few other people did the same. Please, don't delete this thread since I am not asking for money.
Any word of support or advice will be appreciated. I am sure this dog will be running again one day.
Attached Images

Old September 13th, 2014, 12:03 PM
Senior Contributor

Without having any clue what the damage is or what treatment is available for this pup, and of course not being a vet myself, the only thing I can think of is to mention some possible alternative therapies: acupuncture, hydrotherapy (such as guided swimming or using an underwater treadmill), electrotherapy, massage and/or chiropractic treatment, use of a special harnesses or wheelchairs.

http://www.dogsinmotion.com.au/portf...pinal-surgery/
http://www.handicappedpets.com/help-...-a-slings.html
http://www.handicappedpets.com/adjus...heelchair.html
http://veterinarypage.vetmed.ufl.edu...l-cord-stroke/

Good luck!

“We must not refuse to see with our eyes what they must endure with their bodies.” ~ Gretchen Wyler