Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Lost & Found (Pls include a pic if possible & write location in TITLE)

Old March 21st, 2010, 01:39 AM

LOST Himilayan Cat In Kamloops BC

Hello, my name is Chanel. March 19th, 2010 between 4am and 7am in the morning our cat escaped from our house. She is strictly indoor because she is nearly blind. She has marked up eyes which make her very distinguishable. She is a white, long-haired Himilayan. She is approximately 12 years old with a microchip but no tattoo or collar. Her whiskers ar crooked and she looks kinda funny but she is part of our family and we are worried dearly.

Currently we have scoured the neighborhood night and day, putting up posters and calling for her, which she usually responds too. We have yet to find her. We also have her liter box outside so she can hopefully catch the scent and follow it home.

Below is a picture of our cat:

This was taken approximately three months ago.

PLEASE if you see our cat or have picked her up/know someone who picked her up, either SEND ME A MESSAGE or call my cell phone at 250 819 1434.

Please, she is dearly missed. She is family.

Last edited by GateKeeper; March 21st, 2010 at 01:56 AM. Reason: photo link
Old March 21st, 2010, 07:19 AM

Chanel, I hope you find your baby soon.
I've heard others suggest before that you should also keep a can of tuna outside as the smell might also help lure her back.

Have you tried calling aroung to local vets, shelters and spca?

Best of luck. I hope you find her soon.
Old March 21st, 2010, 08:39 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Your cat may be much to scared to respond to your voice during the day. The best time to look for your sweet baby is at night with a flashlight to look for the reflection of her eyes.

If you can, ask your neighbours to look in every nook and cranny of their property as your kitty may be hiding in the tiniest of spaces without them knowing.

If you can, check her litter box through out the night as she will probably not come out during the day.

My parents had an indoor only kitty who got out hiding under their deck for almost a week and didn't know it. The cat did not respond to their owners voice (they lived a couple of doors down) when they were looking for it and the only way the cat was found it came out at 4am and was looking in my parent's basement window and my mom was up and in the basement at the time.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old March 21st, 2010, 11:51 PM

Thanks both of you! I'm still looking for her and incredibly worried about her. I have yet to have the chance to go out at any time like 3 or 4am, but I was out at 12am until 1am looking for her but I went back inside because downtown Kamloops can be a scary place. I brought a flashlight and used it as you said but there were no signs.

We have many cats in the neighbourhood so I'm trying to avoid putting out tuna but I did put out water mixed with tuna juice last night just in case she did come back. I also put out some of her food but I couldn't tell if there was any missing this morning as my mother had moved it back inside before I had the chance too.

I've had my neighbours check their yards and they all have a copy of her lost poster. Once again I'm going to ask tomorrow evening if they can take a look through there yards again. I'm going to the SPCA right after work to see if she came in, even if they didn't call. (My boyfriends family called and left their details when they first got their cat and he escaped, and finally they went and checked themselves and he had been there for almost two weeks and nobody had called him.)

Thank you once again for the advice

Tags
cat, found, himilayan, lost, microchipped