Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time!

Old October 21st, 2008, 08:43 PM

Large Mass in Nasal Cavity with no discharge

Hello everyone,

I've ben scouring the web looking for some more information as we wait for our biopsy to come back for our 7 year old lab/chow mix.

About a month ago Maggie started to breathe a bit different - and then just a few weeks ago she was sprayed by a skunk. Shortly she developed a bump on her nose. I then made an appointment and they looked into it. After a rhinoscope, C/T scan my vet talked about cancer - and then about a possible fungal mass.

But all the common symptoms for cancer - maggie doesn't have. She hasn't had any discharge from her nose - no nose bleeds - just a mass in her left nasal cavity.

Is there anybody out there who has gone through some of this? I'm so sad about this all - and I want to make sure that we do whatever we can do for Maggie - We're reading that if it is nasal cancer that we'll only have Maggie for a few months more - but if it's not then we may have more success with other treatments - that aren't so invasive.

I've read some terrible things about radiology with nasal tumors - and then in general about chemo.

If we're only going to get another few months - I'm not sure she deserves to be made so uncomforatble - just so we feel better.

Anybody out there go through this??? I'd love some advice - or opinion. I love my maggie - and want her to be with us as long as it's fair to have her...

-Maggie's Daddy
Old October 21st, 2008, 09:12 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

I'm sorry Maggie and you are going through this scary time.

But the first step is to find out exactly what you're dealing, Maggie's Daddy. How long before the biopsy results come back? It's hard to wait, I know...but you're way ahead of the game here. It sounds like you've found the mass fairly early!

for good biopsy results, something treatable, and many more years with your Maggie!

Please keep us updated!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."