Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old March 4th, 2007, 01:02 AM

Lassie - diet and other questions

Hello Dear Members,
My dog Lassie - 7 months (Female) Jack Russel Beagle Mix does not rice and eats only chicken. Is it harmful to eat only Chicken? I put my dog in the balcony to sleep. Is it going to Harm her. I am staying in Dubai and the night weather is 17 degrees. Thanks and kisses to all the pets of the world.
Suchi
Old March 4th, 2007, 02:03 PM
-

Welcome to the forum. Feeding a dog just chicken is not a balanced diet. You need to feed a premium/holistic dog kibble unless you are experienced enough to home cook and make sure she is getting everything she needs.

If you need help with choosing a kibble let us know what brands are available to you over there.
Old March 6th, 2007, 10:39 PM

Lassie

Thanks a lot for the response. Please guide me to procure premium/holistic dog kibble. I am not aware of this. Meanwhile, please also advise whether it is OK if I can keep my dog in the balcony during night. The temperature if 17 degrees.
Old March 6th, 2007, 11:34 PM
Cinder & Maddie's Mom

Welcome to the forum, hms_dubai!

17C isn't too bad (I would love to have that here right now, it's -14 and going down to -25), but I think it's a little too cool to keep a young puppy outside. I would also be concerned about having the little one accidentally getting through an opening, or jumping or the railing, and getting hurt. JRT's are able to jump to quite a height, and are very energetic. You might want to put Lassie's bed or box next to the balcony door and keep the screen open a bit if you are wanting her to get some fresh air at night.

About the dog food, if you have a pet store there that also sells food, write down the names of the food they sell, and post them here under the forum for dog foods, and I'm sure you'll get some responses as to what would be best for her. You could also start her on a raw diet. There's a lot of good info in the dog food forum, recipes, different feeding styles, etc.

It would be nice to see some pictures of Lassie. There's a forum for that too!

Pepper (16) Border Collie/Blue Heeler x
Samantha (15) English Springer Spaniel

Saving just one animal won't change the world, but the world will change for that animal.

The soul is the same in all living creatures, even if the body is different.