Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Introduce yourself here - Say hello

Old April 18th, 2005, 11:11 PM

Looking for a kitten

Hi Everyone
I am a 26 yr old female, who was raised with cats my whole life.
This past feburary my last childhood cat passed away from sezuries it was so sad. She was 16 yrs old. 2 yrs ago my other cat passed away.
So now i dont have a cat of my own
I would like to adopt a baby kitten (either strippy tabby with long hair (needs to be fluffy) or a orange fluffy. I already have a name all ready for him
Currently our house hold has 1 cat (my moms ) hemilayian
and 1 dog 10 yr old bear.

We have a great enviroment for any baby kitten, lots of love and will provide all the care they need. ( we have paid out thosands in the past for our sick pets

So if anyone has a baby kitten in the Montreal Area

FLUFFY TABBY

Let me know thanks
Kim
Old April 18th, 2005, 11:17 PM
banned user

There are tons of rescuses in Montreal that you can look in, as well as petfinder.com

I'm sure others will be following to posts where to look for a kitten in montreal
Old April 19th, 2005, 09:18 AM
Senior Contributor

So sorry to hear about the loss of your pets.

Does your mom agree with getting another kitten?

If she does, you can PM me your email address, or post it here and I will notify you when we have any stripey,fluffy kittens!
Old April 19th, 2005, 09:22 AM

Ofcourse, she is my number one supporter, and the one who stays home with them all day.
SHe was rasied with, cats, dogs, mice, turtles, horses, ducks, chickens , raccons everything under the sun
Old April 19th, 2005, 09:48 AM
Senior Contributor

I am so sorry to hear about your other fur baby! Have you looked on www.petfinder.com to see if you can find anything. I have two new kittens. I can understand why you want another one they are so sweet. Good luck with your search!

Proud mommy to...
Meat Loaf (Brittany Spaniel) 13 months
CryBaby (5 years old)living with grandpa now
Chino (Doberman mix) 7 months old
2 new kittens (8 weeks old) Felix and Gizmo
Old August 9th, 2005, 05:23 PM

I finally FOUND a kITTEN :)

After many patient months waiting I found a Pure Breed Persian for FREE how great is that

Her name is Gizmo and she is 9 weeks old TODAY

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIZZY
Love YA Kim
Attached Images

Old August 9th, 2005, 05:25 PM
Teddy's Canine Railroad

ummmm, don't take offense but that's a persian kitten? Congrats on the kitten.
Old August 9th, 2005, 06:00 PM
Senior Contributor

That's not a Persian, but is very sweet nontheless as are all kittens!.

Actually, it may seem free, but after paying for defleaing, deworming, vet check and spaying or neutering, this kitten will cost you quite a bit more than would a kitten from a rescue.

Just an FYI for anyone who may read this!
Old August 9th, 2005, 06:40 PM

WEll i just got back from the VET, and Yes she is a Persian, Her mom was a Orange Persan, and her dad a Grey Persian, mix the two together and u get TWO persians having a baby who is muliti color.... both of her parents are Pure Breeds.

It was just by chance i got her free.... i dont care about money or fees..... who cares if it costs me 100.00s I have been searchinf for months for the perfect PET that is all that matters

Kim
Old August 9th, 2005, 07:43 PM
Senior Contributor

What a beautiful kitten!!!!!!! :love: :love:
Old August 10th, 2005, 12:20 AM
Senior Contributor

What a cutie she is.

She reminds me of the cat I had as a very young child.

What you have there is a Domestic Long Hair.

She is not a purebred Persian.Purebred Persians have the smooshed in faces.

Here is a pic from a Persian Breeder.You can compare these pics to your kitty..
Attached Images

Old August 10th, 2005, 12:23 AM
Senior Contributor

And here is another one.
Attached Images

Old August 10th, 2005, 12:24 AM
Senior Contributor

Last one....LOL
Attached Images

Old August 10th, 2005, 12:28 AM
Senior Contributor

She is a cutie!! Not all Persians have the faces like that (the term escapes me at the moment - it has been one of those days, a day off and I have migraine!) - see, it's Prin's fault, she brought up about headaches, lol But this kitty does not look like any Persian I've seen, even the dollface ones. She islikely a mix but still exceptionally cute!!! (I prefer short hair tho I am discovered no hair is jus as much work as a Persian, lol)

Congrats on your new baby! I am happy you got her but I do hope the breeder who gave her away will help you with her - and will be available should anything happen. And there was a good contract - spayed, utd on vaccinations, no declawing, all the usual stuff). I always worry when ppl offer animals for free - as in the sticky on free to good home, posted somewhere on this site.

I hope you enjoy her!!!
Old August 15th, 2005, 03:35 PM

She was free, cause they needed good homes
it was a 20 yr old girl who persian got pregnant trying to be a good person and take a free kitten so it didnt end up in a pet store or at the SPCA.
She has already been taken to the vet, got her first shots, and her second have been booked. She will be fixed at 5 to 6 months old. We already have a purebreed Heilayian, and he doesnt have a smushed Nose..... he has all his purebreed papers....... not all persians have a smushed nose, i investigated that before i got her, cuase i think those ones are ugly and didnt want one. I called the girl, and her father is a hemalyian and her mom is a persian. She is very cute and adorable and i love her very much
and i will be declawing her, as she is indoor cat and is scatching like MAD.
Old August 15th, 2005, 03:52 PM
Teddy's Canine Railroad

Sorry but it's spelled Himalayan which is not Persian. Also, declawing is inhuman, try actually spending some time training the cat not to claw. If you search the site you will find many suggestions as alternative to declawing.
Old August 15th, 2005, 04:12 PM

Quote:
and i will be declawing her, as she is indoor cat and is scatching like MAD
Some people should search this site before posting things like this. No members here advocate declawing for reasons as frivilous as scratching. It's a cat, they scratch. If you don't like scratching animals, get a turtle.

And yes, Himalayan cats are different from Persians, so that explains why your cat doesn't have a smushed in face. So, because you cat is a cross breed, it is not a purebred anything. She is cute, but now I feel bad for her being declawed for no reason other than the fact that she's a cat. So sad....... Poor kitty!!
Old August 16th, 2005, 11:37 AM

Over my life time i have had about 6 to 10 cats, and we have never never declawed a cat, and i agree i always felt it was mean, and said that to others. However, as mentioning before we have a hiemlayian, and honestly he is a MEAN spirited cat, NOt all cats are cute loveable and sweet, and he swats at babies and has done major cutting of people and attacks, even our groomer has black listed him....... so since having this experince.... we regret big time not doing it...... we tried doing the caps on his nails, and guess what we were covered in blood. we mentioned this to the vet, and she said we could have the new baby declawed, but i will try the caps on her first. It isnt a issue of her ripping out furiture apart at all, as said we have had many many cats and the damage has already been done...... it is a fact of them HURTING babies, and young children. How do u expalin to a baby why that cat they were trying to pet just left them in blood. we got the baby kitten at 6 weeks old and he has bitten and scatched since day one..........
Old August 16th, 2005, 11:46 AM

You are not going to be able to convince the majority of people on this board the declawing is EVER a good idea. As already stated, do a search on the declawing issue and you will see what I mean.
Old August 16th, 2005, 12:15 PM

If your himalayan is scratching babies, maybe you should keep him away from babies and small kids. They should never be left unsupervised anyways. Preventing the incident is the only way to ensure it won't happen. Also, your new kitten can be trained not to scratch young kids and babies. It's not fair to assume she'll do the same things when she hasn't even been trained. I would suggest training her not to scratch people, and teach her to use a scratching post. There is no good reason to declaw a cat unless it's life is in danger from some sort of infection or disease. As Freyja said, nothing you post, even cats scratching babies, will be a good enough reason to declaw. Sorry!
Old August 16th, 2005, 01:13 PM
Senior Contributor

Most cats and babies are a terrible combination. We don't adopt cats to people with kids under 5, as most parents don't want to supervise and the first scratch on the baby, the cat is gone.

As for "mean" cats - declawing wont' make them any sweeter and they will no doubt resort to biting which is much more dangerous than scratching.
Old August 16th, 2005, 04:56 PM

I completely agree with everything said, and I have never declawed a single cat in my life....... and probably wont.... we will see, we ill investigate every indea first. He did use a scatching post, but he is a mean cat unfornatley.. he is 3 so we would never do it now.... something we have to live with the rest of our lifes. we don thave any children in our house........ but my parents do have grandchildren....... and my dad was hopsitalied for 2 days due to a infection when we tried to brush him at christmas. As i said we will try the caps first to see if they work for her. i dont care how much it would cost.. i think 20 dollars each time..... but better then no scatches, i have had her 2 weeks and i look like a battle zone lol but she is too cute to care.