Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Rescue (Adopt) a dog - listings

Old November 14th, 2004, 01:10 AM
Herbie the Love Pug's Mom

Looking for a dog to adopt!

Hi all!
Some of you may know me from another thread where I was looking to adopt a little pug. I would still love a pug, but I love all dogs and would love any dog that would be a good match for me. If anyone can point me in the right direction of a dog that could be happy living in an apartment with me and my boyfriend, and who will be alone some of the time (we both work 9-5 but my BF will be home for lunch for an hour every day and my mom will stop by from time to time) I would really appreciate it. I look through petfinder everyday, but it's hard to know from that search which dogs would actually do well under my circumstances. I have assumed until recently that it must be a small dog, but I am starting to realize some small dogs may not be good for me and some larger dogs may actually be a better match - so I am open to either. Of course, very large dogs are out of the question and dogs that need a very large amount of exercise are as well (but regular exercise is of course fine - two long walks a day and ideally one long run and lots of play!). I also don't think I have the time necessary for a very young puppy at this point. If you have any questions or would like to contact me you can do so at sarahjanemorris@hotmail.com or 514-937-2920. My name is Sarah-Jane and I live in Montreal near downtown. Thanks to all!

- Woodrow Wilson
Old November 20th, 2004, 02:23 PM

I sent you an email. Email me at margoprevost@hotmail.com I will help you find a great dog! I am so excitted!!!
Old November 23rd, 2004, 07:23 AM
Herbie the Love Pug's Mom

For those of you who have contacted me about available dogs, thank you so much! But I need to amend this, I suppose: my and my BF have come to the agreement that we really can't take in our furbaby until the new year (and I mean RIGHT after the holidays... I can't wait any longer than that! ). We recently moved and our working on making our house a home, which means many trips to Home Depot and Ikea for a little while, and stinky paint smells that a dog wouldn't like! We want to make our house just right for when we get our doggie... because we will be there so much spending time with our furry friend when we are done. ) So if you have any dogs that need to be placed immediately, you may want to look elsewhere... if you are willing to wait for us, we would love that too. ) It's coming up sooner than you think! Thanks all!

- Woodrow Wilson