Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog food forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 6th, 2011, 11:32 PM

Grain-free, with no fish or beef?

Does anyone know of a grain-free food with no beef or fish, and preferrably not chicken (other dog is allergic to it, but dog that will be eating is as far as I know ok with it), besides Natural Balance? I am just not a fan of the Natural Balance-I don't like their stools on it, and I find it to be an exceptionally greasy food compared to other foods I have fed.

I've taken my new rescue dog off of the Acana Pacifica because I think she is also allergic to fish. I looked at the other Acana and Orijen foods but it doesn't look like with them I can stay away from Beef, Fish, AND grains at the same time. So if anyone has any recommendations, that would be wonderful! I am googling up foods, but would love a place to start.

It's unfortunate she seems to get itchy from fish, because I have been really happy with Acana. I would like to get away from the Natural Balance if possible though.

I can't do raw because my senior dog doesn't do great on it, plus I do not have a regular fridge and freezer so I don't have the space even if my boy could eat it.

Thanks for any help!