Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Breed characteristics and traits

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 22nd, 2004, 11:16 PM

Even if Pit Bulls are as bad as they say

Fist of all I don't for a second believe that pit bulls are as bad as they are being made out to be by the media. However, I also know that convincing the vast majority of ignorant voters out there (which really is the problem) that pit bulls are as safe as any dog is not going to be easy. I think they should focus on how ludicrous the issue is EVEN IF one were to conceed that pit bulls are nothing more than "dangerous and vicious weapons on four legs." My point is that cars are nothing more than " vicious weapons with four wheels," guns are nothing more than "vicious weapons with bits that go click," and knives are nothing more than, "vicious weapons with pointy parts." However, I have never read anything about banning cars, guns, or knives as they play an integral role in our lives. How many robberies happen at "bullpoint," how many murders are committed by dogs (except for that one CSI episode where the lady got her dog to kill people so she could eat them...)? There are plenty of weapons in the world, just look at the crazy US customs agents (don't take that nailfile onboard you TERRORIST!!!), but we realize that it is not the weapons that are inherently dangerous, but the people who would utilize certain objects in a dangerous manner. IF we are to believe that pitbulls shoult be banned because they CAN be used as weapons, then we must remove cars, trucks, guns, nailfiles, bars of soap, socks filled with quarters, oranges, tether balls, baseballs, cricket balls, etc. from our world as well.

-Kev