Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Pet photography > Pet photography - Pet pictures

Old February 7th, 2009, 11:36 AM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Amazing Grace at play

Let me know when you've had enough of the Hazel Run Pack...

Hazel Run's Amazing Grace knows that on cold winter days you have to play fast and hard to stay warm.
There are days that Grace moves fast enough and plays hard enough to keep the whole Hazel Run Pack warm!

On a typical play day, Grace will warm up with a fine case of the Zoomies.

She scrambles across the snow...
Name:  Grace at play B 2-3-09.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  26.6 KB

...she cavorts with abandon...
Name:  Grace at play C 2-3-09.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  25.9 KB

...she makes a magnificent twisting leap...
Name:  Grace at play D 2-3-09.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  33.4 KB

...and comes up with...

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old February 7th, 2009, 11:39 AM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Name:  Grace at play A 2-3-09.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  34.0 KB
...the Hazel Run Mama's glove!

"Grace! What are you doing with my glove?!"
Name:  Nomnom on Mom's thumb.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  30.2 KB
"Nom nom nom..."
Name:  Fingers nom good, too 2-3-09.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  30.6 KB
"...nom nom nom..."

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old February 7th, 2009, 11:43 AM
The Pack's Head Servant

"Grace?"

Name:  Grace playing with Mom's glove 2-3-09.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  31.3 KB
"Nom nom...yes, Mom? Nom..."

"I've got your muzzle."
Name:  Gotchyer muzzle, Grace! 2-3-09.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  32.9 KB
"mbbbmmmbmmm..."

By this time, King Ember and Princess Lil Belle are thinking that Grace is having too much fun and they aren't getting in on any of it. They prance over to where the HRM is hanging on to Grace's muzzle.

Old February 7th, 2009, 11:46 AM
The Pack's Head Servant

"Hey, Mom! We'll take over from here!"

The Hazel Run Mama lets go of Grace and stands back to watch the fun.
Name:  She's pretty woofable, Mom 2-3-09.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  32.8 KB
"Okay, Mom, here we go..."

Name:  Woof woof, Grace! 2-3-09.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  32.8 KB
"Woof- Woof, Grace!"

A pause....

...and she's off!!
Name:  Catch me if  you can! 2-3-09.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  30.9 KB
"Can't catch me, Ember!"

Old February 7th, 2009, 11:47 AM
ZiggyZuzuZoeyRaggzy&Keena

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelrunpack View Post
Let me know when you've had enough of the Hazel Run Pack...
Never happen...could look at them all day!!!

Ginger and Hobo at the Bridge (Valentine's Day 2011) but NEVER forgotten <3...

"‎I have sent you on a journey to a land free from pain, not because
I did not love you, but because I loved you too much to force
you to stay" ♥ ♥

We do not have to wait for Heaven, to be surrounded by hope, love, and joyfulness.
It is here on earth and has four legs!
Old February 7th, 2009, 11:51 AM
The Pack's Head Servant

"I'm too fast for ya, fella!"
Name:  Can't get me, Ember 2-3-09.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  28.8 KB

Name:  I'm gettin' away! 2-3-09.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  31.0 KB
"I'm gettin' away, Ember!"

"Wanna bet, Grace?!"
Name:  Wanna bet! 2-3-09.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  33.9 KB
"ARRRGGGGHHHHHHH!"

Old February 7th, 2009, 11:54 AM
The Pack's Head Servant

Princess Lil Belle decides it's high time she get back into the game. But Ember and Grace are too busy to pay her much attention. She creeps closer and closer while Grace and Ember wrestle and even reaches out to tap her brother on his shoulder. Still, they ignore her. But the Princess doesn't give up, and eventually the two combatants stop and take notice.

"She's still looking at me, isn't she, Ember?"
Name:  Is she still looking at me 2-3-09.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  35.7 KB
"Yes, Grace. I think she wants to play."

Name:  She looks really weird, doesn't she, Ember 2-3-09.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  36.2 KB
"She's certainly noisy enough, Ember. What are we gonna do about that?"

"Well, maybe, if we both bark at her..."
Name:  Maybe together we can chase her away 2-3-09.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  32.9 KB
"...we can drown her out!"

Old February 7th, 2009, 11:57 AM
The Pack's Head Servant

After a fine game of making Lil Belle popular, all three of the rowdies are pretty tuckered.
They pant happily all the way up the deck stairs to the door and wait patiently till the Hazel Run Mama lets them in.
The rest of the Pack is waiting for them.

"Hurry up! We're napping!"

"I love naps!" carols Amazing Grace.

She settles in a patch of sun streaming in through the window. Ember and Lil Belle settle on Kuranda beds.

And, for a brief moment in time, all is quiet at Hazel Run.
Name:  The Pack at rest 2-3-09.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  40.7 KB

the end

Old February 7th, 2009, 12:01 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

Quote:
Originally Posted by diandpat View Post
Me, too...but I know I'm biassed

Old February 7th, 2009, 01:34 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by diandpat View Post
Me too !!!

I just love watching them at play and love the "stare down" pics.

And, of course, always love the nap time ones.
Old February 7th, 2009, 02:13 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

The problem is that they're just too busy being cute... I weeded through all the pics I took in January....weeded again...and yet again...and was still left with 277 to print when I went into Wal*Mart last Thursday. I'm spending all my time going through pictures instead of cleaning house ...not that you can notice since I never was much of a housekeeper.

Old February 7th, 2009, 02:37 PM
Senior Contributor

LOL, looks like she almost got away.
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/
Old February 7th, 2009, 02:39 PM
Young at Heart

I have to say I truly enjoy your stories and pictures! They are great fun!
Old February 7th, 2009, 03:25 PM
Doggie Wench

Oh man, I just love the one of Grace nomming on your gloves . Look at her face!!! She's sinfully cute !
Old February 7th, 2009, 03:42 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancientgirl View Post
LOL, looks like she almost got away.
She's fast as lightning when those little legs get going--and slippery as a greased pig! She darn near does get away...but she can't resist going back to body block her pursuer and that's when she gets caught!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanM View Post
I have to say I truly enjoy your stories and pictures! They are great fun!
Thanks, JanM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckypenny View Post
Oh man, I just love the one of Grace nomming on your gloves . Look at her face!!! She's sinfully cute !
She plays like that all the time--she won't chew on my fingers and never does damage to the gloves, though. I think it's a holdover from her first house--they had kids and I think she learned to be very gentle with hands...even if she does want to 'gum' them all the time. It's very puppyish behavior, tempered by good judgment on her part about what's 'too hard'. She's a good little girl.

Old February 7th, 2009, 04:35 PM
~Cat Servent~

Now that looks like a fun afternoon!!! Do you all have the nice mild day we're having here too? (although the wind has picked up now)

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” -Mahatma Gandhi

"We're the renegades, we're the people; With our own philosophies; We change the course of history; Everyday people like you and me"- R A T M
Old February 7th, 2009, 04:42 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

Ya...in fact, it's so mild that if it keeps up, Mud Season will be here early Then the only one that will be happy is Ms Muddy Mossy Messy Macie...

Old February 7th, 2009, 04:45 PM
-

Grace always seems to have 4 paws off the ground , ready to take off she's soooo cute
Old February 7th, 2009, 04:52 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

She's practicing her in-your-face-all-four-feet-off-the-ground-leap-and-face-shmookie just for her Auntie Frenchy! She must practice constantly so that when you arrive at the gate in your ninja dog-napping suit, she's ready to great you!

Old February 7th, 2009, 04:55 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelrunpack View Post
She's practicing her in-your-face-all-four-feet-off-the-ground-leap-and-face-shmookie just for her Auntie Frenchy! She must practice constantly so that when you arrive at the gate in your ninja dog-napping suit, she's ready to great you!
Tell her she doesn't have to practice too much , I'm only 5"2
Old February 7th, 2009, 05:04 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

It's too fun to practice for her to give it up anytime soon. I'll tell her she doesn't need to launch herself so high, though.

Old February 7th, 2009, 05:59 PM
-

All of that silkiness Hazel, I'd be spending 24/7 running my hands over them

The pic with the rocking chair sitting on the rug, thought it was HRD sitting in the chair, then realized it was just a shirt
Old February 7th, 2009, 08:43 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris21711 View Post
The pic with the rocking chair sitting on the rug, thought it was HRD sitting in the chair, then realized it was just a shirt
Yeah, hubby's not that skinny!

Old February 7th, 2009, 08:55 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

I love that last pic!! The rocker sitting in the sun with the pups around sleeping.
Grace is a little cutie! I think maybe........ nah, still can't pick a fav.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old February 7th, 2009, 09:33 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

My favorite is the Pack.

Old February 7th, 2009, 11:13 PM
I gotz 2 babies now!

Great story Hazel - loved it. LOL! was your hand in the glove?

Pubert Wizzer Howell-Boyd III of the feline kind R.I.P my little guy!!

If you can't afford a vet, you can't afford a pet!

221/194/170(for next year)
Old February 7th, 2009, 11:45 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

Nope. No flesh. 'cept in the shot where she's chewing up by the wrist. But she's very gentle...just sort of gums it. And she won't chew on fingers. She's a very good girl.

Old February 8th, 2009, 02:39 AM

Aww so nice to see a thread with Ember playing That silly little Gracie keeping everyone on their toes. Lil Belle had some goofy expressions there making funny faces at Gracie for ignoring her

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying
Old February 8th, 2009, 08:45 AM
Jag and Gingers dad

I could never get sick of seeing pics of the hazel run pack.the pack is on my top 10 list of dogs to have (breed)
Old February 8th, 2009, 03:21 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

Quote:
Originally Posted by growler View Post
Aww so nice to see a thread with Ember playing That silly little Gracie keeping everyone on their toes. Lil Belle had some goofy expressions there making funny faces at Gracie for ignoring her
I like it when Ember gets out there and plays, too, growler. He seems to be loosening up more and more lately--not sure why. Maybe it's cuz Brier is always trying to trounce him and he has to get feisty

English Setters are a breed apart, angeldogs....in my humble (and, of course, unbiassed) opinion, anyway.