Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time!

Old August 27th, 2001, 03:58 PM

cat leaving fecies on my bed

Help! : I have 2 cats and one of them has left fecies on my bed, not only once, but twice. Also, there has been a few accidents in front of the litter box as well. I'm not exactly sure which one it is, but I need to do something about this. I have been home just as much as i usually am, i haven't changed their food or the litter. I do not know what to do, HELP!!!
Old September 12th, 2001, 04:34 PM

Lightbulb

Hi,

Sometimes cats poop outside the litterbox because it is too 'dirty'. They will often poop outside the box when this is the case

The best suggestion is to change the litter more frequently.

In fact the NEXT time you change the litter, place your cat in the litterbox immediately...if it poops or pees ...lavish huge praise on it. try to keep an eye when it does its business...and again lavish praise.

In terms of 2 cats....well sometimes they need to have 2 separate boxes and that's why he's pooping outside the box....you may need to get a 2nd litterbox.

One more thing...if he poops out of the box regularly....place tin foil on the pooping area to discourage further pooping in that spot. I've heard cats HATE tinfoil. ALSO disinfect the pooping area with lysol to get rid of the 'marked' area.

If one of the cats is an older one, one of them might have an intestinal problem...in that case you must see a vet.

The first course of action is determining which cat is the guilty one...then work from there.

hope that helps

clarence.