Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog training - dog behavior > Cat behavior forum - cat training

Old January 9th, 2005, 10:08 PM
banned user

Question The cat is kind of aggressive

Hi me again,

Just wondered if you guys know any way that i can get Mya to open up to us, and if she ever will??
Whenever she comes to me and meows i pick her up and give her a cuddle im very gentle, and sometimes shel come and lay on the bed near me and il pet her. then all of a sudden she starts scratching and biting me she goes skitzo she also growls at me and has her paws open and claws showing. All im doing is petting her very gently and for the first minute she loves it, all around her head and her chin and on her back then as i say all of a sudden she flips and goes for me.
Shes not affectionate at all with us never wants to sit on our laps and cuddle or purrs near us. ITs as if she doesnt like us? Shel play with us for a little bit with her choice toy and still follows us around but as soon as we go in to touch her when we think she wants us to she doesnt like it?
Ive always had cats from kittens when i was younger and they have always been loving and affectionate, is it too late to try to teach her that shes in a good home now? I dont want to give up on her and let her do her own thing but its getting to the point where my hands are scratched to bits and i dont want to be around her much. How do i show her that she can trust us where am i going wrong?
Old January 9th, 2005, 10:22 PM
Senior Contributor

Is this the cat that's in heat? All those hormones zooming around can make female cats act nutty.

She should simmer down after her spay.
Old January 9th, 2005, 10:25 PM
banned user

She is kind of yeah, but it seems to have passed for this month, I hope so, all i want to do is give her a cuddle and she just looks at me like im the devil LOL.