Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Lost & Found (Pls include a pic if possible & write location in TITLE)

Closed Thread

Old April 10th, 2008, 08:51 AM
Doggie Wench

To Marko and Mods:

This thread seems to be going nowhere but around and around like a broken record. Would you please consider closing it as you've done in the past with similar threads?

Thank you.
Old April 10th, 2008, 08:51 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly27 View Post
Oh here let me give you a hand with that and i'll be very specific. If you go to my post #78 it'll give you in detail the layout of my yard and no it hasen't changed. I guess reading and comprehension were only discussed in class after the lesser students were dismissed. Or maybe it's just a retension issue. So much for reading all the posts. Nothing has changed in my story, nothing needs to. Nor do I have any falcities to cover. My conscience is clear but my heart is heavy.

Ceara you kill me....holy wow I had to pee.....LOL
OK, nothing has changed, yet this thgread is draggin on forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shirley1011 View Post
After reviewing the Brandon Pound Web Site....I have just one question that no one can seem to answer....why wasn't Brew's picture ever posted...If it had been like all the others there they could have shown that to Kelly and let her identify Brew and at least give her some peace of mind that is was or wasn't him.
If you look at the pictures this site goes into great details with so many pictures of their dogs that are at the pound and those that are up for adoption.
Why wasn't there one of Brew! What are they hiding! Something smells rotten in Brandon.
First intelligent question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckypenny View Post
What's with everyone constantly repeating themselves in this thread ? Or new members just repeating what other's have written?

It's obvious that the comments here are just going around in circles. Sorry Kelly that you got more bashing than the advice you were originally seeking. Perhaps you can open a new thread where you can post some news or developments without having to defend yourself to ppl who haven't already read all your replies? Maybe have this thread closed and just refer ppl here if they want the details without having to repeat your story?
I repeat (haha, why not, everyone else is!), since all has already been sai, repeated and said again ... why is this thread still here? All that's ahppening is that everyone is getting upset at eachother and not getting anywhere anyway. Enough already.
Old April 10th, 2008, 08:56 AM
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion

k, not trying to be confrontational, but i do check stuff before i answer and you came right to this post before you posted in the welcome forum. To be accurate you made 10 posts last night and the first one was here. I was wondering what of the hundreds of post made you come to this one. I haven't said you were evil, i will hold my judgement until i'm better informed. I would like to remind you tho that there is no tone or inflection in typing so people can't tell if your being serious, joking or just sarcastic. Seriously why did you come here first.
Old April 10th, 2008, 08:58 AM
Half Way To Crazy

Enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old April 10th, 2008, 08:59 AM
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion

now,now momma Breeze i told you not to come here, shoo shoo, oh and since your lurking, hi mmonroe.
Old April 10th, 2008, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslan View Post
k, not trying to be confrontational, but i do check stuff before i answer and you came right to this post before you posted in the welcome forum. To be accurate you made 10 posts last night and the first one was here. I was wondering what of the hundreds of post made you come to this one. I haven't said you were evil, i will hold my judgement until i'm better informed. I would like to remind you tho that there is no tone or inflection in typing so people can't tell if your being serious, joking or just sarcastic. Seriously why did you come here first.
That is a very valid question, and because you have been polite I will answer it. I did mention in my initial post that I had yet to make my introductions in the welcome thread. I am not associated or affiliated with the Brandon pound, the new owners of Brew or any other mentioned organization. I was searching the net on a completely unrelated issue, and then I clicked on a link that was not what I was looking for. It was this site which I had never heard of or seen before and the internet link was attached to a post in this thread. I read a few comments and became curious so I went to the beginning, read through and decided I would like to post. As I am a cat owner and animal lover I decided to join and insert my two cents in here as well. I have cruised around briefly and noticed a couple of interesting looking threads and will post in them when I have a bit more time to read them as well. Sorry to anyone who was hoping for a good story but this is all I can offer I'm afraid.
Old April 10th, 2008, 09:11 AM
-

Thank you for answering me, being rude to you isn't going to get me anywhere. This soooo is not the best post for you to get aquainted with everyone, it brings out the worst in us. It has split members apart because some of us choose one side and some choose the other. Look around then form and opinion.
Old April 10th, 2008, 09:11 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Why do some members think this should be closed? If you are not interested in this discussion, don't involve yourself. It almost seems like a control issue (communist/dictatorship forum?). IMO, Kelly should be the one to ask the mods to close this thread, it is hers and I have seen only civil discussions here, blunt opinions, but still civil.

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old April 10th, 2008, 09:17 AM
Doggie Wench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love4himies View Post
Why do some members think this should be closed?
Because it's just repeating itself and has gotten off-topic from the original post where the op was seeking advice. And I don't believe it's remained civil, but that's just my opinion .
Old April 10th, 2008, 09:18 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslan View Post
I will refresh for you. Brew was at the pound, kelly was looking in carberry (sp?) finally finds out brew was in Brandon on the 18th day. calls, he was adopted out on day 16, that is 2 days not a month, i don't care how officiant they are they would have still had the picture two days later. Something isn't right about this whole story. The dog escaped twice in 6yrs,
Sorry, I meant that is has been a month since he was adopted out and therefore his picture will no longer be posted.

When I adopted Jasper, his picture was off the website within an hour of my husband signing the pictures.

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old April 10th, 2008, 09:19 AM
Administrator - Pet lover

I would agree that after 18 pages this thread has run it's course and will now be closed.

As always we ask members not to be rude.

Nobody ever learns ANYTHING when people get defensive or aggressive.
We can only 'teach' in a calm environment. If the environment is hostile than people that need the lesson most will simply not listen.

Thanks everyone!

Marko
Newcomers FAQ - How do I post on this BB?
Pet facebook group
Check out the Pet podcast
Follow me on Twitter
Closed Thread