Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Pet photography > Pet photography - Pet pictures

Old February 21st, 2005, 01:05 PM

Orange stray Tomcat?

Here is a picture of the Tom I snapped this morning. He was pacing the patio door in the porch, and Meeko and him were meowing at each other as if they'd known each other for years. I figured a friend of Meeko's is a friend of mine, so I fed him some dry catfood with a dollop of the wet stuff they love on top. He was skittish at first, but he didn't shy away from my touch. I noticed he doesn't have a collar, but he seems very people-friendly. He's a big boy, too. I don't really know what to do. I mean, if he's a neighbourhood cat, then I don't want to "rescue" him if he doesn't need rescueing, and if he's a stray, what should I do with him? I wouldn't mind keeping him for now, but I'm moving in a week so it couldn't be long term...Help!
Attached Images

Old February 21st, 2005, 01:08 PM
Senior Contributor

OOh, he's gorgeous!
Can you just ask around the neighborhood, or post a flier or two?
Old February 21st, 2005, 01:14 PM

I've asked the (immediate) neighbours, but they don't know anything about a orange tom. I left a note at the bulletin board in the community centre/gas station, it's a very small neighbourhood, only about 25 people live here, and news travels fast. I've been feeding this Tom for about 2 weeks, and I left the note 5 days ago, with no response yet. News travels fast here, so ? I don't know...
Old February 21st, 2005, 01:30 PM
Senior Contributor

Meghan,he's beautiful....can you see if he is intact or not,those big noggies are usually very visible
Old February 22nd, 2005, 03:53 AM

Well he is a very fluffy cat, so I haven't seen any to speak of, but they may be there somewhere. I'll make a point to look next time. I 'll keep you guys posted on his status. Right now he's well fed, although he won't come inside the house. I hope he's gonna be okay out there, it's pretty cold tonight.
Or even better, I hope he belongs to someone who lets him come and go and he's just got a big appetite.
Old March 8th, 2009, 04:45 AM

The orange "stray" tom was George

It turns out this big boy WAS a neighbors cat and his name was George. His owner was unaware that he left their fenced yard during the day so I was glad to get that cleared up a couple of days before I moved. Good thing I didn't preemptively rescue him.