Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Cat health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time! > Kitten health

Old May 8th, 2010, 08:42 AM

Unhappy My new kitten - Sick?

Hello everyone. A while ago, a kitten would come around my boyfriend's house everyday to eat and sleep. It was a male kitten, all black and very beautiful. The kitten was in rough shape. He had a tick in his ear, his fur was all scruffy, his eye's watering and he seemed very cold and lonely. My boyfriend gave this kitten to me, and i had taken the tick out, bathed him, fed him and gave him everything a little kitten could ever need and want.

After a while, i started noticing that he isn't playful at all, for a 5 month old kitten. He isn't even active to the least! I've tried everything i could think of. I have closed my bedroom door, and put him on the floor.. but he would only walk far enough to get to a place he could lay down and sleep. (Like a chair, bed, couch, ect..) He seem's to walk okay, but just doesn't like to be active.

Also, i have been feeding him dry cat food. It seemed to be fine for a while. But this morning, i noticed that Twilight had vomited beside his litter box. What is wrong with him? Is he sick? Does he need medical attention asap?

I adopted this little guy the day he came to me. I couldn't put him back out, and i couldn't give him up! I hope someone can help me, as he's become a big part of me now.

Thank you.
Old May 8th, 2010, 09:19 AM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

It sounds like it could be something serious, Black Twilight. Time to take him to the vet, I'm afraid, and as soon as you can.

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old May 8th, 2010, 09:35 AM
Senior Contributor

B-T,I don't know much about Ticks,but it could possibly be related to how he feels
If he's never seen a vet since you adopted him,you should take him as soon as possible,kittens can shut down very quickly,need to eat(preferably canned food) and drink water.
I can understand you love him very much and don't want to lose him,so please get him to a vet ASAP.
Let us know how it goes,he's lucky you took him in and I he will be ok!
Forgot to say WELCOME TO OUR FORUM!!
Old May 8th, 2010, 09:38 AM
-

I totally agree on taking him to the vet. He needs to be checked for worms , and the eye condition you mentioned , maybe an infection.

it's very important to feed him wet canned food like Chico2 mentioned.

good luck !
Old May 14th, 2010, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Twilight View Post
Hello everyone. A while ago, a kitten would come around my boyfriend's house everyday to eat and sleep. It was a male kitten, all black and very beautiful. The kitten was in rough shape. He had a tick in his ear, his fur was all scruffy, his eye's watering and he seemed very cold and lonely. My boyfriend gave this kitten to me, and i had taken the tick out, bathed him, fed him and gave him everything a little kitten could ever need and want.

After a while, i started noticing that he isn't playful at all, for a 5 month old kitten. He isn't even active to the least! I've tried everything i could think of. I have closed my bedroom door, and put him on the floor.. but he would only walk far enough to get to a place he could lay down and sleep. (Like a chair, bed, couch, ect..) He seem's to walk okay, but just doesn't like to be active.

Also, i have been feeding him dry cat food. It seemed to be fine for a while. But this morning, i noticed that Twilight had vomited beside his litter box. What is wrong with him? Is he sick? Does he need medical attention asap?

I adopted this little guy the day he came to me. I couldn't put him back out, and i couldn't give him up! I hope someone can help me, as he's become a big part of me now.

Thank you.
could be any numbers of things, but giving dry food is not good. cats can develop kidney failure from eating dry food all the time, give him some proper meat and rush him to a vet incase it is serious like: Pancreatitis in which he would die within hours without treatment as it is life threatening.
Old May 14th, 2010, 12:34 PM
Catlover2

Yes, this is abnormal kitten behaviour, he sounds like he is sick---runny eyes and/or runny nose never a good sign; healthy kitties always want to play and eat heartily, and have brief naps. Get him to a vet ASAP, and do tell vet that you took the tick out of his ear. It could have infected him with Lyme's disease. All the best and hope vet can help him. Thanks for saving this little boy kitty.

Tags
adopt, cat, kitten, sick, vet