Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Introduce yourself here - Say hello

Old December 1st, 2008, 02:07 PM

Red face kdcint

hi! first timer looking to ask lil-kirk a question about morkie breeder ont. qu. border in 2004 can anyone help!!!!!!!!!!!
Old December 1st, 2008, 02:09 PM

What? I have no idea what you're even asking....
Mako - Black and white DLH Cat ( found at work one day )
Expression - National Show Horse - 12-15 yrs old.

"The best kisses come from my puppy "
"There are NO bad dogs, Just bad Owners "
BAN BSL!!!
Old December 1st, 2008, 02:10 PM

can lil-kirk contact kdcint about morkie breeder on. qu. border in 2004
Old December 1st, 2008, 02:40 PM
Senior Contributor

Coincidentally, lil-kirk just signed back in as Lizzie. So find her under search (above) and send her a PM.
Sentences would be nice. You're a texter, I can tell.
Old December 1st, 2008, 05:49 PM

Question looking for lizzie

Quote:
Originally Posted by badger View Post
Coincidentally, lil-kirk just signed back in as Lizzie. So find her under search (above) and send her a PM.
Sentences would be nice. You're a texter, I can tell.
PM? wish i knew how , but know very little about this site am not good at computer ANYTHING! and trust me i'm so far from a texter its sad although i did try it first time last summer!
Old December 1st, 2008, 06:57 PM
Senior Contributor

I dont think you can PM until you have posted more. your looking for information about a breeder?
Logan - Rescued Husky cross
Aiden- Rescued husky cross
Old December 1st, 2008, 09:26 PM

Question kdcint looking for lizzie

yes i think your right i am looking for info on breeder and i think lizzie has experienced them need to know before i love and lose!
Old December 1st, 2008, 09:34 PM
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion

well if i understand what you're saying i would say just walk away, a morkie isn't a breed it is a mutt with puppymill or byb written all over it.
Old December 1st, 2008, 10:07 PM

kdcint mutts

mutts need love too we lost our 15yr golden retriever this last july and are now looking for smaller pup was going to buy from breeder but when gooled morkies saw lizzie's comment need to know whats up before get heart broken!
Old December 1st, 2008, 10:10 PM
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion

you're absolutely right mutts do need love to, my suggestion is to go to the humane society and rescue one instead of supporting the puppymills and byb. why pay over a thousand for something you can get much cheaper, already vet checked and spayed/neutered and you would be saving a life.
Old December 1st, 2008, 10:12 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslan View Post
you're absolutely right mutts do need love to, my suggestion is to go to the humane society and rescue one instead of supporting the puppymills and byb. why pay over a thousand for something you can get much cheaper, already vet checked and spayed/neutered and you would be saving a life.
aslan is absolutely right. Good breeders don't breed mutts. Mutts , there are plenty of them waiting to get adopted , some on death row.

Please check out www.petfinder.com
Old December 2nd, 2008, 07:44 AM

kdcint

lets not jump the gun , i don't want to accuse someone of being something they may not be thats why i need to know what lizzie knows. and you can't get a morkie at an spca and the only thing my daughter wants is a morkie because of the nature of her disability she needs a very small lap dog a morkie fits the bill
Old December 2nd, 2008, 07:53 AM

There are MANY small Lap dogs that "fit the bill"....at your local shelter. there are PUREBRED lap dogs at your local shelter....
A maltese, or a Chi, or Yorkie, or even a "Morkie" which if you ask me, is no friggen better than a damn Poodle Doodle Woodle whatever. Golden bathrug doodle things... ugh! Lol Sound like a darn Candy bar!
Check out your local shelter before attempting to buy from a BYB, you'd really be surprised at the kinds of dogs you can find!
Can I ask what the heartbreak part your talking about is? ANY dog can cause some heartbreak...
Mako - Black and white DLH Cat ( found at work one day )
Expression - National Show Horse - 12-15 yrs old.

"The best kisses come from my puppy "
"There are NO bad dogs, Just bad Owners "
BAN BSL!!!
Old December 2nd, 2008, 08:27 AM
Senior Contributor

not sure where you are, or what type of mix a morkie is but I typed in yorkie and came up with this list, I'm in Cornwall and I know there is a rescue in Martintown with a few yorkies....hope this helps, just scroll through all the pages and find one you like or that you think might suit your daughter

http://www.petfinder.com/search/sear...cornwall%2C+ON
Old December 2nd, 2008, 08:32 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
aslan is absolutely right. Good breeders don't breed mutts. Mutts , there are plenty of them waiting to get adopted , some on death row.

Please check out www.petfinder.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanBullMom View Post
There are MANY small Lap dogs that "fit the bill"....at your local shelter. there are PUREBRED lap dogs at your local shelter....
A maltese, or a Chi, or Yorkie, or even a "Morkie" which if you ask me, is no friggen better than a damn Poodle Doodle Woodle whatever. Golden bathrug doodle things... ugh! Lol Sound like a darn Candy bar!
Check out your local shelter before attempting to buy from a BYB, you'd really be surprised at the kinds of dogs you can find!
Can I ask what the heartbreak part your talking about is? ANY dog can cause some heartbreak...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melinda View Post
not sure where you are, or what type of mix a morkie is but I typed in yorkie and came up with this list, I'm in Cornwall and I know there is a rescue in Martintown with a few yorkies....hope this helps, just scroll through all the pages and find one you like or that you think might suit your daughter

http://www.petfinder.com/search/sear...cornwall%2C+ON
All great suggestions.

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old December 2nd, 2008, 09:28 PM

kdmcint

i have been searchin every spca and shelter and rescue places that i have found on the internet for the last 4 months. there are no small pups available at any place i've emailed or checked out . closest i came was a yorkie at a rescue place but they would not let it go to a home where there are small kids because it was nasty to kids under 12.another yorkie was in b.c. canada i am in a small town in northern ontario i couldn't possible afford shipping costs. other pet i've looked for have cost up to 300.00 just for shipping never mind the cost of the dog. and shelter or rescue dogs are not free! i have seen the cost anywhere for 175$ and up!!!!!!!!!
Old December 2nd, 2008, 09:30 PM
-

hate to tell you but buying from a breeder either legit or a byb is going to cost you more than any of the prices you've named.
Old December 2nd, 2008, 09:33 PM
-

[QUOTE=kdcint;705427 i have seen the cost anywhere for 175$ and up!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

$175 is EXTREMELY cheap to get a dog ! And if you think this is expensive , have you thought about the vet bills ?

And yes , if you do go to a breeder , how much do you think they will charge you for one of their pups ?
Old December 2nd, 2008, 09:38 PM
Master of the Drool!

$175 is just one vet bill for my guys needles!!! If you think that is expensive for a dog take areally good look around Legit breeders.
AHHHH They are a year old already!!!!
Old December 2nd, 2008, 10:13 PM
Rottie owner and lover

I think this poster should check out the Quebec puppy mill raid thread. Then she will get the idea.
Old December 2nd, 2008, 10:16 PM
Master of the Drool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rottielover View Post
I think this poster should check out the Quebec puppy mill raid thread. Then she will get the idea.
I agree. It might open her eyes alittle bit.
AHHHH They are a year old already!!!!
Old December 2nd, 2008, 10:30 PM

Talking kdcint

THATS WHAT I'VE BEEN TRYING TO DO ! THAT WAS THE WHOLE POINT OF MY POST! LIZZIE HAS PERSONAL EXPERIENCE AND I WANT TO KNOW!!!!!anyway my point is not the cost i have had great experience with breeders in the past ,i had my golden retriever scarlett for 15 yrs paid 800$ for her worth every penny and then some lost her in july this yr. i also rescued a caverier king charles spaniel who was deaf and had a heart murmer she was an excellent girl!! we also had a shih tzu she was 18! when she passed. we lost her about 5 yrs ago. i paid 400$ for the rescue dog and traveled 6 hours to get her. and paid 350$ for the shih tzu years ago. i'm not new to this all i want is to find out what lizzie knows about this particular breeder !!!
Old December 2nd, 2008, 10:42 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

I am sorry kdcint but you are going to have to look in a different direction. Lizzie's last activity on this board was Oct 16, 2006. You can find that out by clicking on her name in the thread you originally posted on. It will take you to her personal info where it shows you when she last posted.
Seeing as Lizzie is not likely to show up any time soon..... what specifically did you want to find out from her? Please try to be as specific as possible so we can help you. It is possible someone else on this site has personal experience with the "breeder" you are looking at if not specifically the mix of dog.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old December 2nd, 2008, 10:55 PM

kdcint

thank-you 14+kitties!!! when i was looking for more info on morkies i googled them. and what i found was a warning about a breeder on the ontario/Quebec border . posted by lizzie then knowen as lil_kirk. since the guy i was considering buying a puppy from lives very close to there i wanted to know what lizzie's experience was and if it is the same breeder( as there are other in the same vicinity)i have contacted local vets to see if they could give me info on morkies they have seen in their offices and have given me some great tips on what to ask and what to look for. they have given me excellant reports on the mix breed no major health issues good pets loving and some tips on training small dogs. i would still like to know what lizzie knows but thanks to your info that may not be possible so i will look elswhere. if i knew how to use this site better and more about computers i guess i would have found that out myself eh! anyway thanks for the level head and help you've been most helpful
Old December 2nd, 2008, 11:07 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

I don't know any of that info. I am sure there must be someone here who may. Also, have you tried different pet forums? It is possible Lizzie has moved on to a different site.
What other breed is in this mix? I know a Yorkie but what is the other breed? I have never heard of a Morkie till now. It's interesting to know what people are trying to sell these days. We may even be able to help you find one through a rescue you are not aware of. There are a lot of fantastic people on this site who rescue and network with a large number of other rescues. You never know, you may get lucky. Transportation from one province to another has been arranged in the past.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old December 3rd, 2008, 07:16 AM

Thumbs up kdcint

a morkie is a cross between a yorkie and a maltese if anyone can help that great!!!!!!!!
Old December 3rd, 2008, 07:40 AM
150% PRO S/N

Rereading these posts I just had another thought. You said earlier that you have spoken to vets about the Morkie. Do you think one of the vets would be kind enough to put you in touch with one or more of their patients so you can get more info on this mix? Possibly they can lead you in the right direction to find a reputable person who is breeding the dogs properly. Or, better yet, a rescue.

Last edited by 14+kitties; December 3rd, 2008 at 08:11 AM.
Old December 3rd, 2008, 08:27 AM
-

Kdcint, i'm sorry if you didn't think we were being helpful or if you thought we were attacking you. I will try to explain what is being said so it's helpful.

a morkie as you said is a malteese mixed with a yorkie, this is what is known as a designer breed. An ethical breeder with two purebreds in good conditions wouldn't breed them together. The person who would (byb or puppymill) isn't going to health check the dogs. They are breeding them to make money and giving them a cutie name. What we were trying to say is it doesn't matter if it's the bad breeder you've heard about or another. The odds are very high that the puppy could be disposed to some hereditary illness. Our suggesting rescue instead was so if no one buys from these people they will stop breeding them. And then you don't end up with huge vet bills down the road. I hope this helps a little more.
Old December 3rd, 2008, 08:59 AM
Senior Contributor

Is this the person you are looking for?

http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread....ghlight=Lizzie
Old December 3rd, 2008, 10:47 AM

Exclamation kdcint

thanks badger yes that is who i was looking for . i have started a search for her. and thanks for the vet info i have contacted a vet and asked to get connected due to confidentiality i could only leave my name and number and hope one gets in touch with me but it's a start!. can anyone help me find the thread she posted about the ont. que boarder breeder we are a very small community and any info i can get will not only help me but word of mouth goes a long way here i can save alot of people money and heartache. i've looked for her tread and can't find it then again i'm far from the one who would know how!!!