Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old August 8th, 2010, 05:53 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

The spaying that wasn't.......

Finally got a Sunday off so I made arrangements for Naddy to go to TO for her long needed spaying. Up at six. On the road at seven. Got there at 8:30. Talked to the vet tech and explained her health issues. Came home. Left at 2:30. Got to the vets at 4ish. Walked in and heard - "We couldn't spay her." So I talked to a vet who told me Naddy has an URI. She is on Clavaseptin for two weeks then we are going to try it again. Hopefully I will have another Sunday off soon.
So that is what she has been fighting since she got here. The meds my vet gave her and babes were not given for long enough. Poor sweetie. I just want to get her better. She has been in heat almost constantly for the last three weeks. Only coming out of it for a day or so and then right back in.
Cross fingers for her please. It's time for her to start enjoying life without the discomfort of heat.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!

Last edited by 14+kitties; August 8th, 2010 at 07:38 PM.
Old August 8th, 2010, 06:06 PM
Doggie Wench

Poor Naddy and poor you...that's quite the drive to and from TO. How was she in the car? I hope the anti-biotics begin to work asap.
Old August 8th, 2010, 06:32 PM
Senior Contributor

That must have been so disappointing for you, 14+. Still, the vets know best. Fingers crossed that you get it sorted at the end of this lot of antibiotics.
Old August 8th, 2010, 06:40 PM
Senior Contributor

Oh poor girl! She's been suffering with that UTI for this long. At least now you know what she's got and can correctly treat it.
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/
Old August 8th, 2010, 07:21 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

OH NO Poor Naddy.

You know that makes sense now, her peeing in her carrier on the trip to TO. She probably had it here too .
for a speedy recovery.

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old August 8th, 2010, 07:39 PM
Live well, laugh often

Poor Naddy, hope this manages to kick it and she gets to feeling better .
Old August 8th, 2010, 07:41 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love4himies View Post
OH NO Poor Naddy.

You know that makes sense now, her peeing in her carrier on the trip to TO. She probably had it here too .
for a speedy recovery.
Oh crap!!!! I meant URI!! I fixed it. Sorry. It's been a long day. She has infection in her chest. Not the other end. I thought I had typed it right. Now I feel bad.
The peeing thing...... it's just 'cause she hasn't had a pee in a long time. She did it today on the way home from the vets too. Of course if she holds it for that long she will end up with a UTI.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old August 8th, 2010, 08:15 PM
-

so sorry about Naddy speedy recovery little momma !

I know what an UTI is but a URI ?
Old August 8th, 2010, 08:20 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Upper respiratory infection, Frenchy!

That's too bad about the postponement, 14+. I hope she's better quickly!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old August 8th, 2010, 08:37 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelrunpack View Post
Upper respiratory infection, Frenchy!
Thanks Hazel.
Old August 8th, 2010, 11:24 PM
Senior Contributor

Sorry to hear that about poor Naddy. Well hopefully this will do the trick. Any chance you would know anybody else who could deliver her to the vet in TO for you rather than doing the double drive again in two weeks? Get better soon kitty, mommy needs to catch a break too!
Old August 9th, 2010, 01:31 PM
Senior Contributor

Oh poor Naddy. I am so sorry you went thru this.
Poor baby...now I am wondering if that is what Antonio is suffering from .His third eye lid has been half way up since Naddy left with her babies. The vet thought it was an eye infection, but now I am really wondering if that is what Antonio has as well.
Last wee Nickie, and Crunchie were the next in line to get the "eye infection"...
Old August 9th, 2010, 01:46 PM
Senior Contributor

14+,so sorry to hear thatI hope she's not suffering,it's enough to be in heat for her..
However,once she's all well she will have a wonderful life,with no babies ever again.
for little Naddy
Old August 9th, 2010, 04:15 PM
Senior Contributor

14+ i'M sorry to hear about Naddy being sick. Poor girl. Could she give that to her babies too?

I hope she recovers soon so she can be more comfortable and get fixed!

~Tegan 9 year old yellow lab~
~Wilbur 9 year old LH cat~
~Mirabelle 18 mos dsh~
~O'Shawnnessey 18 mos dsh~
~Darby 1 year old dsh~
~Mindy 7 yr old shih tzu~
~Dexter 10yr old Salmon (large goldfish)
Old August 9th, 2010, 05:15 PM
150% PRO S/N

Thanks everyone. Naddy is fine. She is a real trooper. Her breathing sounds better already. Tell you the truth I had sort of expected they would say no before I even took her in. Just would have been nice to have found out and been able to take her home when we first brought her instead of waiting all day and going back to her not being done. I think secretly she enjoyed the break from those babes of hers!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Dancer View Post
Sorry to hear that about poor Naddy. Well hopefully this will do the trick. Any chance you would know anybody else who could deliver her to the vet in TO for you rather than doing the double drive again in two weeks? Get better soon kitty, mommy needs to catch a break too!
DD, I know you are thinking of me but I would never ask anyone to do that for me. I have taken over 40 to TO to get fixed in the last couple of years. The earlier ones were done here by vets I don't trust. I am so used to doing the double drive. If hubby didn't want to come back and work for a few hours in between we could stay there and go sightsee or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpietra16 View Post
Oh poor Naddy. I am so sorry you went thru this.
Poor baby...now I am wondering if that is what Antonio is suffering from .His third eye lid has been half way up since Naddy left with her babies. The vet thought it was an eye infection, but now I am really wondering if that is what Antonio has as well.
Last wee Nickie, and Crunchie were the next in line to get the "eye infection"...
We will be fine cpietra. I would tell your vet about that though. It's hard to say exactly where the infection started but it's almost positive it would spread through the whole family. I am glad Naddy and babes have their own room right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra_Queen View Post
14+ i'M sorry to hear about Naddy being sick. Poor girl. Could she give that to her babies too?

I hope she recovers soon so she can be more comfortable and get fixed!
Oh, it's been through her and the babes. I am not sure who started it. Remember Tipster, the little black one, went to the vets the night L4 had them. It went through them all then. The kittens have just about got it beat. Only Chrissie still has cold in one eye. Naddy just seems to be having a tougher time beating it. Maybe because of her life before MM and cpietra.

Old August 22nd, 2010, 11:39 AM
150% PRO S/N

Naddy was spayed this morning! I just phoned to find out how she is. They said everything went well and she is resting in her crate. Whew!! What a relief!! I must say I have been worried about this whole thing with her health issues.
Now to get her home and recovered.

Old August 22nd, 2010, 12:34 PM
Senior Contributor

Yay!! She'll be so much more comfy.
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/
Old August 22nd, 2010, 01:32 PM
-

Glad that the spay went well .....speedy recovery, Naddy.

Last edited by rainbow; August 22nd, 2010 at 02:01 PM. Reason: rainbow can't spell
Old August 22nd, 2010, 01:36 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Yay!!!!!!!!, Does this mean her lungs have cleared up? Sending lots of for a quick healing and that the kittens give her some peace when she gets home.

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old August 23rd, 2010, 04:07 PM
Senior Contributor

14+,I am soo happy for Naddie and I bet you are relieved to,that there was no problems.
She was such a good mom to all her kittens,but she'll never have to be preggers again
Old August 24th, 2010, 03:46 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

I'm glad it all (finally!) went smoothly!! Speedy recovery, Naddy!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."