Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Rescue (Adopt) - Transportation

Old March 30th, 2005, 11:12 AM
Senior member - formerly goldengirl

Montreal-Toronto

I am going to Oshawa/Toronto on April 9 and returning the weekend of May 1, if I can give any critters a lift
Old April 15th, 2005, 07:32 PM

change in plans

I am now returning from Toronto to Montreal on April 24. I doing another Montreal-Toronto run on April 30 and returning to Montreal on the Victoria Day weekend, so if anyone needs transport ........
Old April 16th, 2005, 10:33 AM
Senior Contributor

Is Valentin sharing the driving? Very nice of you to offer to transport pets. It is so hard to travel with pets if you don't want to drive - or can't. At Christmas my husband went to visit his family in Ottawa. I would not want my Eskie to have to travel in the baggage car - or frankly go visiting without me - but the Toronto - Ottawa route does not offer baggage car service - and they wonder why people don't want to take the train. Even the Toronto - Montreal route only has baggage cars on certain trains. Please give Valentin a hug for me - I am thinking of Dachshunds right now - it is 11:30, April 16 - my little guy started paralyzing for final time at exactly this time one year ago today. I have the Chianti Riserva ready.
Old April 23rd, 2005, 08:53 AM

Valentin does come with me. I have found a pet friendly hotel that welcomes us :-) I put the Home Shopping channel on the TV for him (no commericals with dogs or cats for him to bark at) while I am at work during the day and come back to the hotel at lunch to walk him.

I have nicknamed my van "Noah's Ark" (although I don't have two of everyone). Valentin travels in his crate and I have the space to crate three more smaller beasties and one big one.

We brought Cali the cat with us as well as Zeus the Dane and the two dogs from Quinte HS.

So if anyone needs a transport, we are avail

(Sorry about your doxie - I have been thinking of adopting one of the special needs paralized doxies) It is so hard to lose our furbabies
Old April 23rd, 2005, 09:17 AM
Teddy's Canine Railroad

may..

There is a great dane out there somewhere in montreal that we are trying to locate. He has been picked up by animal control and we are trying to locate him. His health is questionable as he is emaciated and terrified of people. He did come up to the people that found him and they handed him over to AC. D.I.D is prepared to take him in and were going to temp him in Ottawa but if he can get out to Toronto, it will be better for him. I'll keep updating on progress in finding him but keep a spot open as I know how much you love transporting Danes, hehehhee. He's supposedly smaller than Zeus that you brought to Belleville for me.

btw, your seat is very popular in the back of my van. I have transported two dogs recently and both of them decided that your seat was the best one in the house!
Old April 25th, 2005, 05:51 PM

BMDLuver- Where did Zeus come from? I think I may know him (if it was from the same place)

Also are you looking to find a home for the other Dane or are you looking to get it to a resuce?
Old April 25th, 2005, 06:19 PM
Senior Contributor

Happy that you found a hotel where Valentin is comfortable enough not to bark. Are you sure he isn't ordering room service? Or helping himself to the snacks in the mini bar? Thank you for your kind words re my little guy - I spent April 16 thinking about our good times and made all of his favourite food - my husband hasn't eaten so well at home in a year. BUT he didn't get any of the Chianti Riserva - that was mine.