Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Lost & Found (Pls include a pic if possible & write location in TITLE)

Old June 24th, 2008, 02:35 PM

Unhappy We are desperately looking for our Cat, Cookie! :(

On Saturday June 21st, 2008 our Cat ran into the Forest on the Cool Breeze Camping Ground in the Lacolle, QC area close to the Canada/US border. He was being babysat while my boyfriend and I where on vacation outside of the Country. He has been missing now for 3 days and there have been no sightings of him yet. My boyfriend and I drove down there first thing this morning and looked for him for 4 hours but we couldn't find him. Everyone on the Camping Ground is keeping an eye out for him, but he is a cat who doesn't approach people other then my boyfriend and I. He is a very weary cat. He is in a completely strange area as we live in Chateaguay almost 45 mins drive away. The Camping Ground is on 70 acres of land and we are not sure if he is still there or went wandering off in another direction that took him to a more residential area. The lady looking after him put him on a leash and his collar broke free so now he is wandering around withour a collar for identification.

He is a Male tabby cat who is almost 5 years old. He is a light ginger/blond and white cat and is fairly big. He looks like he is wearing white socks on each foot and is all white on his belly. He has Amber eyes and a pink nose and very long white whiskers. On his head he has two very light grey patches (quite small patches) and I think one under his chin too.

We are extremely worried about him and we desperately want him back with our family.

Thank you so much from two very sad and worried cat owners.

Last edited by Giggles2080; June 24th, 2008 at 02:37 PM.
Old June 24th, 2008, 03:14 PM

Can someone please let me know how to add a photo? Cheers
Old June 24th, 2008, 03:35 PM
-

I am so sorry to hear about your cat.....what a big area to go missing in. :sad: I hope that you can find him quickly.

To post a photo scroll down to "additional options" and click on "manage attachments" and follow directions to upload from your computer. Pics can be no larger than 100kb so you may have to resize first.

If the "manage options" attachment is not enabled you will have to send a pm to Marko or one of the mods to have the restriction lifted.
Old June 24th, 2008, 04:46 PM

There is a rescue in that area called Shangrila and also Monteregie is in the south shore. Call them just in case. Good luck in finding your cat.
Old June 24th, 2008, 10:15 PM
Senior Contributor

I recently finished reading Kat Albrecht's The Lost Pet Chronicles: Adventures of A K-9 Cop Turned Pet Detective and it has some excellent ideas for finding a lost pet. Stetting traps- more than I could ever say here. I would advise you to call EVERY shelter/rescue and vet and go searching every minute of the day and certainly place a humane trap near your home with a videocam near it if possible. With your pet's fav food.

Her site is: http://www.katalbrecht.com/

She works fulltime as a pet detective and there may be one near you (It is a growing field- one I;d love to do on the side actually if I had time but I am
lucky to SEE the weekend, lol) Granted, there is one now in Nova Scotia.

These sites also offer helpful tips:
http://www.pet-detective.com/
http://www.pmia.com/
http://missingpetpartnership.org/
catinthebag.org or .com (I forget, sigh) but ot tells the difference between searching for a skittish cat or an indoor vs outdoor one.
Good luck!!!!
Old June 25th, 2008, 11:10 AM

Thanks everyone for your input; we really appreciate it. What a stressful and frustrating thing this is to go through, I can't stand the fact that we are unable to make it back down there until Friday morning - this is one of my worst nightmares. I hope he is having the time of his life, but I hope he wanders out of the forest on Friday when we get there. The thought of him being scared and alone is killing me...

Will try all the links and info you offered, thanks again guys, every little helps...

Will keep you updated.

Kate & Bob
Old July 27th, 2008, 02:08 AM

A long shot, but

Is this your cat?
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...8&id=675855160